Datawindow "Save As" function not working

I am writing some reports for an app written by someone else.  I notice
that on my reports the File | "Save as" function doesn't work (choosing it
just does nothing) but it does work for the previously-written reports.  I
inherited the dw control from u_dw.  Am I not turning on a pfc service, or
what?

0
Rick

That menu option triggers the pfc_saveas event on the active window, which
needs to be coded before it will do anything.

On Mon, 24 May 1999 13:45:25 -0400,
Rick Charnes <rick.charnes@state.ma.us> wrote:
>I am writing some reports for an app written by someone else.  I notice
>that on my reports the File | "Save as" function doesn't work (choosing it
>just does nothing) but it does work for the previously-written reports.  I
>inherited the dw control from u_dw.  Am I not turning on a pfc service, or
>what?

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

Bruce

Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As"
Name: Thaddeus Polit Email: ThaddeusdotPolitatlmcodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As" Comments: Firefox 3.1b2 - When I click "Save Image As", "Save link As", or "Save Page As", nothing happens. The "Save As" dialog does not appear. Due to this problem, I have been forced to start using I.E. Yuck! Please help! Sincerely, Thaddeus Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) G...

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

"save session", "don´t save"... "abort"!
Name: lumpi Product: Firefox Summary: "save session", "don´t save"... "abort"! Comments: There should be a third "abort/cancel" button in the "save session" dialog for tabbed browsing. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2) Gecko/20070206 GranParadiso/3.0a2 ...

while saving the file "Save as Type" in SaveDialogBox shows "MicrosoftExcelSheet" and "AllFiles", how can i restrict "AllFiles" and show only "MicrosoftExcelSheet" ..
Below is code written for opening XLFile.  HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear();HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + astr_FileName); HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", abyte_Data.Length.ToString()); HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = astr_ContentType; //octet-stream"; or //"application/vnd.ms-excel"; HttpContext.Current.Response.BinaryWrite(abyte_Data);    Udaya.M...

Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work
Hello there. I want to change the nested report object(s) attributes. I had used Describe() function to get objects -("DataWindow.Objects"). After removing the tab spaces I was able to get the object name within that DW. By checking the Attributes -(ls_obj + ".Attributes") I came to know by finding "nested_argument" that the current object is (nested) report. Now if I assigned this object to the DDDWChild/Any variable it gives error either at compilation or at run time. If I created a datastore locally & assigned the dataobject of the current ...

Linking Ability with "Save As" or "Save As PDF"
Name: STUART HASSEL Email: StuartHasselatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Linking Ability with "Save As" or "Save As PDF" Comments: The reason I mostly use Safari is that it has the ability of linking anything that I save to my desktop. If I'm, say, doing a search using something like Google, I can click on various links at the moment but if I want to be able to do that later I can't so I copy my search word(s) or phrase onto Google using Safari and then just make the search page into a "document" and park it on my desktop. I can a...

"save as" and "save link as" dialog flickers
On a new Mandriva 2007.1 system Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Seamonkey 1.1.1 both have a glitch in the "save as" (for an open page) and "save link as" (Firefox)/ "save link target as" (Seamonkey) for right click on a link dialogs. When the dialog comes up it's like there are two copies and it is flickering back and forth between them rapidly. Or possibly the dialog is resizing itself quickly. The "two" dialogs are vertically aligned but the right edge jumps back and forth. Identical copies of these two browsers did NOT do this on Mandriva 2006...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Powerscript function to save "Datawindow source as XML"
What is the Powerscript equivalent to the datawindow painter menu item "File / Save As File... / Datawindow source in XML"? There is none. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Matthew Chestnut" <NOSPAM_matthew_chestnut@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3ed63700.18366129@forums.sybase.com... > What is the Powerscript equivalent to the datawindow painter menu item > "File / Save As File... / Datawindow source in XML"? ...

Catching "Save..." and "Save As..." from other applications (Office suite)
Hello, I would like to create an app with delphi (RadXE) that: - catch the "save..." and "save as..." from other applications, in particular MS-Office suites (but also other apps) - get some data from a dialog form before saving etc... - then going quiescent waiting for the next "save" or "save as..." event... I thought a way could be launching the external app by my delphi application getting handles to it, but I don't know how to catch events. Anybody can help me? (I am sure of yes! :) thanks in advance, Filippo __________________ ...

Why does opening of "Save" or "Save As" window take so long?
Name: Mike Cleven Email: mikecleven_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Why does opening of "Save" or "Save As" window take so long? Comments: Unlike other programs, which bring up the whole contents of a directory quickly, Firefox (and Mozilla in its raw state) takes its time adding one directory item after another; such that you can wait quite a while to actually hit the "save" button, especially if you have to scroll to the right for any reason (e.g. looking for a subdirectory etc). Wondering why this is....I had a look at your bugs and p...

"Append to" instead of "Save to"
Hi, When saving a message to a file, the file will be overwritten if it already exists. Does any one know a way to append to the file instead of overwriting it? Thanks. J. J. Cagnol wrote: > Hi, > > When saving a message to a file, the file will be overwritten if it > already exists. Does any one know a way to append to the file instead > of overwriting it? > > Thanks. > J. No, but you could just set up a temporary folder within Mozilla if you wanted to save multiple messages to a file. The mbox format which Mozilla uses simply has multiple m...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Web resources about - Datawindow "Save As" function not working - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo