Datawindow problems when migrating from PB 7.03 to PB 9

We are using PB 7.03 with MSSQL 2000

We are currently doing some tests prior migrating all our applications. I
successfully migrate one application but at the run time some reports
(datawindow) show me erronous information.  We found that the datawindows
that are not working correctly contains some outer joins and 3 or more
tables (If a dw have only 2 tables with some outer joins, it's working
fine)

In PB 9 when we create datawindows with outer joins, PB put them in the
FROM section of the SQL.   In PB 7 it put them in the WHERE section.

I think I will need to change the SQL of all my datawindows using outer
joins and having more than 2 tables to put the outer joins in the FROM
section.

Do any of you got the same problems and is there a way to migrate the dw
so the SQL will work normally ?

0
nospam_jmaheux

Someone else posted the same issue in the .database NG.  The same responses
apply - you can force PB to use the old syntax for datawindows developed in
graphic mode.

<nospam_jmaheux@victor.qc.ca> wrote in message
> We are using PB 7.03 with MSSQL 2000
>
> We are currently doing some tests prior migrating all our applications. I
> successfully migrate one application but at the run time some reports
> (datawindow) show me erronous information.  We found that the datawindows
> that are not working correctly contains some outer joins and 3 or more
> tables (If a dw have only 2 tables with some outer joins, it's working
> fine)
>
> In PB 9 when we create datawindows with outer joins, PB put them in the
> FROM section of the SQL.   In PB 7 it put them in the WHERE section.
>
> I think I will need to change the SQL of all my datawindows using outer
> joins and having more than 2 tables to put the outer joins in the FROM
> section.
>
> Do any of you got the same problems and is there a way to migrate the dw
> so the SQL will work normally ?

0
Scott