datawindow print problem

Using PB 7.0, (6.0/6.5 does the same thing) in some cases when placing a
static text object on a datawindow side by side with a data field, the data
field prints out much higher on the print page. I have to move the data
field down almost the equivalent of a full line to get the two to show up
side by side. I checked the properties and position of both the static text
and the data field, and the Y coordinates do not match until I move the
data field down. Am I overlooking something simple? This does not happen
with all the fields, but seems to happen consistently once you get to a
certaion point down the page.

TIA

Mike
0
Mike_E

Are you sure one of those objects doesn't have it's slideup attribute turned
on?

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:47:42 -0400,
 <Mike_E.> wrote:
>Using PB 7.0, (6.0/6.5 does the same thing) in some cases when placing a
>static text object on a datawindow side by side with a data field, the data
>field prints out much higher on the print page. I have to move the data
>field down almost the equivalent of a full line to get the two to show up
>side by side. I checked the properties and position of both the static text
>and the data field, and the Y coordinates do not match until I move the
>data field down. Am I overlooking something simple? This does not happen
>with all the fields, but seems to happen consistently once you get to a
>certaion point down the page.
>
>TIA
>
>Mike

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
10/30/2001 8:34:08 PM
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response. I checked the "slide up" setting for
static text and the data fields, all are set to "none".

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike E.

0
Mike_E
10/30/2001 10:08:31 PM
None that I can think of.  I haven't seen this with either 6.x or 7.x.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:08:31 -0500,
 <Mike_E.> wrote:
>Hi Bruce,
>
>Thanks for your response. I checked the "slide up" setting for
>static text and the data fields, all are set to "none".
>
>Any other ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike E.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

Problem in printing datawindow in Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi, I am a software consultant working in Salem, OR. I am using PB 4.0 as front end for a client server architecture using distributed database with Sybase 10.0 as back end. We are developing and running our application in Windows 3.1 with Novell as the networking software. I am continiuosly having a problem. I am using a text field in a table and having a datawindow based on that. Now, when I try to retrieve the information , it is fine but when I go to the print preview, is is showing me only a single line in that. When I try to print it, it simply prints a blank page (with footer ...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Datawindow printing problems
Hello, I have a DW with approx. 38000 row when I issue a print() I get a Dr. Watson or the app just disappears. I am running 5.02 with a Pentium 200, 64 meg ram. I have tried migrating the app to 5.03 and I get the same results. I also tried using a print job and the results were the same. This error has just appeared, we have been running for over 8 months without a hitch. Could this be due to the # of rows?? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Please, send responses to the mail address below as well as to the group. (I use the digest mode) Thanks in advance...

Datawindow Printing Problem
Hi, I have a datawindow that displays perfect on the screen, but puts the Total row on a separate page when printed. The whole report is only three lines long, but they are in separate bands. There are no hidden values in the bands and I have other datawindows with similar formats that work fine. I have totally recreated the datawindow from scratch and get the same results which would lead me to believe it is data related, but again looks perfect on the screen. This is very frustrating. I will take any ideas poeple may have. I am using PB 6.5, the datawindow is tabul...

Datawindow Print Problems
I'm running PB 6.5.1. I'm trying to adjust the height of a line in a datawindow and adding '~r~n' to make it multi-line. (This was in lieu of using autosize, since it left justifies everythin.) I'm having several problems with this method. 1) The report is actually run twice when printed. The second printing, the footer overlays the last detail line in the report and the group headers are missing. 2) At times, the '~r~n' does not force multiple lines, instead I get the funny looking squares and all the data is strung on one line. 3) Sometimes the detai...

Problem Of Printing DataWindow
I hit the problem about printing report with the free text showing on bottom of one page and top of the next being the same. For example, the last sentense on the page is "Here is line 55..." , The next page starts with the sentense "Here is line 55...". Hope anyone have solution or workaround. I, too, am having a problem with printing a datawindow. After my last set of lines within a group prints, if there is not enough space on the page for the next group to print, the last set of lines prints again at the top of the next page. Then, the next group prin...

DataWindow Print Problems!
I am having 2 problems with Datawindow Printing: Currently using PB enterprise 5002 & Windows 95 Problem #1 Here is some details of the datawindow There is one group The Header Height is 7929 (very large) Number of columns is 115 uses a Sybase 10 stored Procedure 2 dddws prints duplex Anyway, in version 4.X, the DW did not have any problems. I was able to populate and print the DW. It starting GPFing in version 5.0 when PowerBuilder was sending the information to the printer. It can print up to 20 rows with no problems, but with more info gpf. You would get the prin...

Datawindow Print Problem !!
Hi I am experiencing a problem with the datawindow printing. Not me actually, the case is generated at the client's end and I am not able to generate it at my end. The problem is that datawindow shows 10 pages in print preview and prints only first 6 pages. Following are the values that are set on the datawindow before printing: datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0 datawindow.print.collate=yes Nothing is set for datawindow.print.page.range Even if i give the values as: datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0 datawindow.print.collate=yes datawindow.print.page.range=&#...

Problem with print() of datawindow
Sometimes, with only one model of printer (EPSON), function print() of datawindow is freeze. And in another case, there is blank paper. And sometimes of course, it works ... with the same report Very strange !! Anybody can help me ? Thanks ...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Datawindow print problem
i have some problems with printing. it print after each side a empty side! can someone help me? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp kazi wrote: > i have some problems with printing. > it print after each side a empty side! > > can someone help me? You should post to the powerbuilder.general newsgroup as this group is for PB problems when used in EAServer. However, you may want to look at making sure you have no controls ( columns, text etc. ) that are outside the normal printing area. S...

Datawindow printing problem
I am using PB 6.5.1 enterprise edition deployed on windows95 operating system. I have a datawindow comprising nested datawindow. The nested datawindow with group presentation style with newspaper column across 2. Last two rows on the first column are not displayed even though the datawindow retrieves correctly all the rows. If the newspaper column across is changed to 1 then it displays all rows without missing. Please suggest, if any one has solution to the problem ...

Problem Printing Datawindow
I want to print a dw with a page size of 8'1/2 x 8 inches. I can't find the way to set the page size when is not in the list. Does anyone can help me? Thanks in advance Ruben Sanchez ARGENTINA ...

Web resources about - datawindow print problem - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo