Datawindow nested reports

Nested reports problem. You can name them in the painter during development,
but not at run time when added
using create( ). Problem is there is no way to do a GetChild( ) for run time
added nested reports. How else are you
to manipulate and share data to a nested report on a composite datawindow?

0
Russ

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

datawindow nested reports
I have a nested report containing reports and a nested report. The reports are printed directly after each other, for the first report of the nested report a page break is taken. I can't find why. What are the parameters in a nested report to take a new page for a new report-part? And where can i set these parameters ? Joeri Schepers. icdev.gent@securex.be ...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

nested report in datawindow
I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be and there isn't a autosize on trailer bands. Can anyone help me with how to do this?? thanks. no, it doesn't do it for you, I suggest if the database support, try to use store procedure to group data for display instead of using nested report! Carol wrote in message ... >I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my >datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be &...

Nested datawindow reports
Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Is this a DataWindow.Net question? On 21 Oct 2004 10:52:53 -0700, Anthony wrote: >Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code >without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Pre...

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

A nested report on a datawindow
I want to get the name of the nested report on a datawindow. With the following code (works it) : string ls_dataobject ls_dataobject = idw.object.dw_report.dataobject ("idw" is a datawindow and "dw_report" is the name of the nested report) But what do I have to do when the name of mine nested report is stored in a string? Maybe, something like this: Ex: string ls_name = "dw_report" string ls_dataobject ls_dataobject = idw.object.(the value of ls_name).dataobject Any ideas, Thank you! Sandra Dot notation doesn't let you ...

Web resources about - Datawindow nested reports - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo