Datawindow grid style column resize

It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the
datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow
(numerically)?

I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a
property to set the column width.

Thanks,

Alex B.

0
Alex

No - that's a "feature" of the grid datawindow.  In the Preview pane, you
can grab and resize column widths (but you have to have gridlines ON)

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
Cynergy Systems

"Alex Bibiano" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message
> It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the
> datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow
> (numerically)?
>
> I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a
> property to set the column width.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex B.

0
Paul
6/7/2006 3:04:26 PM
Yes, I know I can do it in the preview pane, but I want to resize 3 columns
with the same size.

How can I do it?

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paul.horan@NOSPAM_cynergysystems.com> escribi� en
el mensaje news:4486eafa$1@forums-1-dub...
> No - that's a "feature" of the grid datawindow.  In the Preview pane, you
> can grab and resize column widths (but you have to have gridlines ON)
>
> --
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
> Cynergy Systems
> www.cynergysystems.com
>
> "Alex Bibiano" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message
>> It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the
>> datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow
>> (numerically)?
>>
>> I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a
>> property to set the column width.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alex B.

0
Alex

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

PB10 Grid Datawindow Resize Column
I have migrated an application from PB7.0.3 to PB10 and I am having problems resizing columns at run-time on a grid datawindow which has the grid setting turned on and Column Moving and Mouse Selection both checked. The datawindow is part of a "Preview" feature of the application which allows users to modify the look of a view by changing column width, sort order, etc. Any ideas? Thank you, Create a grid dw in PB10. Do you have the same problems? I was able to create one and didn't. This may be a migration issue. If so I would recreate the datawindow. Dawn &g...

prevent resize columns in grid datawindow
Hi, here's my question: I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate on the column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns contain bitmap expressions they should not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not what I want. For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid. Background: Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle display one picture column. That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available except those columns who contai...

Which Event when resizing a column in Grid Datawindow ?
Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize a column in a Grid datawindow ? Is there another way to know when a column is resized ? Thanks for help. -- Arnaud Bauer - Jehier Ing�nierie Informatique 49120 CHEMILLE - FRANCE Tel : 02.41.49.80.81 http://www.jii.fr There isn't such an event. I guess you could code a timer event that checks it to the previous value. Sorry. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Arnaud Bauer <arnaud.bauer@jii.fr> wrote in article <370C6054.158A271C@jii.fr>... > Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize...

Column resize in a grid datawindow in a tab contril
I have a grid style datawindow sitting in a tabpage of a tab control. The users would like to adjust the column widths sometimes. When the edge of a column is clicked the divider bar comes up as if to allow the resize but when the mouse is moved to a new width, the column only resizes a small amount and the cursor turns into the dragdrop icon. In a normal window, it seems the grid datawindow resizes just fine. Is there some sort of problem within a tabpage? Jerry OBrien You have a conflict between the resizing/moving feature of the grid DW and the dragdrop feature of the D...

How to find the last column in a grid style datawindow?
Hi, Happy new year. I put a title text in fore ground of the head band. When I resize any one of the grid column, I want to adjust the witdh of the title text to last_column.x+last_column.width. Here, how can I find the last column? Any ideas? Thanks. Dongzm In article <3684E0AF.D619193@public.guangzhou.gd.cn>, gzdongzm@public.guangzhou.gd.cn says... > Hi, Happy new year. > > I put a title text in fore ground of the head band. When I resize any > one of the grid column, I want to adjust the witdh of the title text to > last_column.x+last_column.wid...

Missing column names in grid-style datawindow
Hi, PB version : 9.0.3 OS: Windows I'm having an issue with a grid style datawindow. This datawindow is created dynamically at run-time based on user specified column names using dw.Create(). The datawindow is used for entering engineering table values and thus may have to show many # of columns. The problem starts when the # of columns exceed 90 or so. Some of the column labels do not appear on the display. I've checked the datawindow syntax by calling dw.Describe( 'DataWindow.Syntax') and everything seems right. Is there a limit to the number of columns that...

Add one more column to grid style datawindow
Dear All, I have add one more column to the existing datawindow, but the added column can not be modified. Why? I have tried to reset the update property of the datawindow, so the added column should be updatable. Joe You need to change the tabsequqnce too. Because new added column will assign the tabsequence to zero. HTH Harry <Joe> ???????:D243204FBA4391EA001C23F285256C1E.001C240A85256C1E@webforums... > Dear All, > I have add one more column to the existing datawindow, but the added > column can not be modified. Why? I have tried to reset the upda...

Event for column move/resize in grid datawindow
It would be very very helpful if an event on the datawindow control would fire when a column in a grid datawindow was moved or resized by the user. Like a ColumnResizing event with dwo, row, oldHeight, oldWidth, newHeight, newWidth parms. Of course in a grid you would have a null dwo if it was just a pure vertical resize and row would be null if it was a pure horizontal resize as all columns or rows, respectively, would get the effect. I'd go for that. I bet it would be a pretty easy thing for Sybase to implement as well. -EGM M. Searer <nospam@nospam.com> wrot...

Disable resize on one column in a grid datawindow
Hello, I am attempting to disable the resize functionality for one column in my grid datawindow. I would like to have all other columns in the datawindow resizeable. I have reviewed the powerbuilder help and found the column property 'resizeable', but it does not seem to ever prevent resize on the column. dw_details.Modify("display_order.Resizeable=0") I am using Powerbuilder 11.1 Build 8204 Any help on disabling resize on one column would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Karen See attached <Karen Bailey> wrote in message news:48497e4f.4394....

resizing the computed column width in a grid datawindow
How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text in the column to display the entire text. You'll have to use a set of API to determine actual number of PBU needed to display a full text using current font settings. There's no way to do that in native PB code. I can give you code example if needed. "Sukhvinder Singh" <sukhvinder@defactoinfotech.com> wrote in message news:435f10bc@forums-1-dub... > How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text > in the column to display the entire text. > ...

How to scroll to the first column in the datawindow with grid presentation style
My datawindow (with grid presentation style) has too many columns to be shown at the same time. I want to scroll to the first column when I insert a new row. The function dw.SetColumn(columnnumber) only sets focus to the specified column. But if that column is not shown, the data window will not scroll to that column automatically. Could anyone tell me how to scroll to the spcified column? I wonder if there is anything similar to dw.ScrollToRow(rownumber) function. Thank you in advance. Jeff ...

Web resources about - Datawindow grid style column resize - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 3:58:02 PM