DataWindow Expressions in PB 7.02

I have an application that has been migrated from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PB
7.02.  In PB 6.5 when creating a datawindow I could right click on a
column object and a pop-up window would display where I would then
select properties.  The column object window would display and a tab
page titled expressions with a list of properties and an entry field
into which you could type in expressions for the various properties.  My
question is does anyone know where to input expressions for the various
properties in PowerBuilder 7.02?  The user interface changed
significantly from PB 6.5 and I have been unable to locate it.  Thanks
in advance

Bruce

0
Bruce

Right-click on the column.  On the properties view, select one the
appropiate tabs.  You will notice that many of the fields on each tab have a
red square beside them.  Click on the square and you can specify the
expression.  Notice that the req square will become green, giving you a
quick visual clue that there is an expression defined.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Bruce Diamond" <bruce.diamond@thiokol.com> wrote in message
> I have an application that has been migrated from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PB
> 7.02.  In PB 6.5 when creating a datawindow I could right click on a
> column object and a pop-up window would display where I would then
> select properties.  The column object window would display and a tab
> page titled expressions with a list of properties and an entry field
> into which you could type in expressions for the various properties.  My
> question is does anyone know where to input expressions for the various
> properties in PowerBuilder 7.02?  The user interface changed
> significantly from PB 6.5 and I have been unable to locate it.  Thanks
> in advance
>
> Bruce

0
Terry

PB 7.03
I have a table with four columns that are referenced from another table. My problem is that when I am selecting from both tables graphically in the datawindow painter PB only joins three of the columns in the foreign key. Is this an error, or is it some setting that I have forgotten? I can of course join them manualy, but this behavior can be a source for errors later. Regards Snorre Myklebust The SQL painter takes its best guess based on column names, but (like any other silicon-based intelligence) cannot be relied on to know what you are thinking. It is the programmer who...

DataWindow expression bug in PB 7 build 8030
I found a bug in build 8030. My OS is NT 4 sp6A. build 8030 fail to save datawindow expression of the detail properties band. I was trying to add logic to the background properties of the detail band such that rows can be displayed in alternating colors. After I added and save the databwindow, the expression icon of the background color turn to the green "equal" sign. However when I close the datawindow object and reopen it, the logic is gone. As usual this just add one more frustration to the PB 7 developer's life. I've tried to do this on NT4 SP 5. PB...

Out of memory error in PB 7.02 datawindow developement
I have a timesheet report full of computed fields. A stored procedure provides the data. The computed fields are used to determine daily and weekly overtime, total hours, etc. I have reached a point where when I attempt to save the report I get 'Out of memory' and PowerBuilder 7.02 dies. The error seems to be related to either the amount of memory PB has set aside for computed field expressions or to the number of nested ifs in one expression. I have broked the comlicated computed fields into several smaller, simpler ones and have been able to save more computed fields. But...

re: PB 7.02 -Crash after printing composite datawindow containing blob
Hi, We just migrated our code to PB 7.02(with latest patch) and are having a weird problem. We have a composite datawindow that contains two datawindow with blobs in them. Now when we print that composite datawindow and close the window, the application crashes. We debugged it and it crashes somewhere in the destructor event of one of the datawindow control. If you close the window without printing it works fine.Another thing I should mention as well is that we do some updates when we print. We thought maybe the composite dw got corrupted so we created a brand new one but got the sam...

Infomaker 7 report = Powerbuilder 7 datawindow
Hi! We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in both powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem with modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The datasource does not appear correctly. Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024 Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch level? Thanks! Richard W. Miquest I'm not following you. What do you mean with 'the datasource...

Powerbuilder & 7.0, 7.01 build 7027, 7.02 build xxxx y sigue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BF792A.2CDB2550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Me gustaria saber cual es el mejor metodo para conseguir la ultima = version disponible por Sybase.=20 Hasta ahora aparte de un contrato de mantenimiento que teniamos con = Sybase (UPS) y que actualizaba la version cada 6 meses y debido a la = cantidad de Bug's que han aparecido repentinamente en la 7.0 (despues de = una muy estable 6.5) no teniamos otro metodo para actualizar versiones...

Initial cursor position in datawindow from PB 7 to PB 9
We noticed that in the PB 7 version of our product, when the cursor is placed in an empty field on on a datawindow, the cursor is offset a little bit from the left side of the field, so there is some blank space between the left side of the field the the first character in the field. In the PB 9 version of the same product, the cursor is crammed all the way to the left side of the field with little/if any blank space between the left side of the field and the first characer. Our customers have complained that it is hard to locate the cursor in the PB 9 version, since the cursor is a...

Datawindow problems when migrating from PB 7.03 to PB 9
We are using PB 7.03 with MSSQL 2000 We are currently doing some tests prior migrating all our applications. I successfully migrate one application but at the run time some reports (datawindow) show me erronous information. We found that the datawindows that are not working correctly contains some outer joins and 3 or more tables (If a dw have only 2 tables with some outer joins, it's working fine) In PB 9 when we create datawindows with outer joins, PB put them in the FROM section of the SQL. In PB 7 it put them in the WHERE section. I think I will need to change t...

About Datawindow
Hi, I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure created in MSSQL 7.0. I am passing arguments to the stored procedure. When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid values for the arguments, but the datawindow prompts for the arguments again for the second time then shows the result. When it prompts second time for the arguments if I say cancel it still retrieves the data. This happens in the preview mode as well as through the script. What is going wrong ? Thanks in advance. Sorry Guys , I found the problem. Don't worry about it! LNN wrote in messag...

PB 7.02
does anyone know when the next upgrade to PB will be available? Pedro, EAS 3.5 is now currently available, and it includes an upgrade for PB. You will need to contact a Sybase sales rep as it is not a download. Kevin "Pedro Carrizales" <pedro.carrizales@gt.pge.com> wrote in message news:vLE4abPb$GA.306@forums.sybase.com... > does anyone know when the next upgrade to PB will be available? > > Additionally, if you want PowerBuilder only, call Sybase and ask for the 7.02 maintenance CD. regards, Bill Pedro Carrizales wrote: > does an...

PB 7 Datawindow
Hi, I recently migrated a non-pfc app from PB 6.0 to PB7. There is one datawindow that would crash if I click on a particular column. This column has a dropdown dw on it. Sometimes I would be able to click on this column, but after cicking back and forth from other columns to this one would cause it to crash with the foll: error: The instruction at 0x11256420 referenced memory at 0x006.... the memory could not be written. Thanks SP ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp What build of PB7 are you on. If you are n...

PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's
We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852. DW's generate fine using AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's: The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo) Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder Attributes again. Anyone else have this problem? -- Neil Negandhi negandhi@vex.net ...

PB 7.02
Hi I have migrated to PB 7.02 and find that the drag and drop in my application no longer works. I was not the one that wrote this code and am having a hard time following parts of it. What I am doing is draging from a listview to a tree view. Does anyone know where I could get some example code that does this? I would be very grateful for any help I can get. Thanks Henry There is an example in the pb examples app that comes with pb. "henry" <bergerh@atsc.army.mil> wrote in message news:YSQAwqsOAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Hi > I have migrated t...

Datawindow expression #7
Hi can I read the value of a computed whose name this in t_objectname.text??? i can read the expression with this Describe(Describe("t_objectname.text")+'.expression') Gab wrote: > Hi > > can I read the value of a computed whose name this in t_objectname.text??? > > i can read the expression with this > > Describe(Describe("t_objectname.text")+'.expression') > > Describe ("evaluate ('" + Describe(Describe("t_objectname.text")+'.expression') + "', " ...

Web resources about - DataWindow Expressions in PB 7.02 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Carmen Sweet by Natalie Weir for Expressions Dance Company at the Q
Less is more in this powerfully impressive dance show. Carmen Sweet , Expressions Dance Company. Choreography: Natalie Weir. Music: Rodion Shchedrin​, ...

Joe Rogan's Facial Expression After Ronda Rousey Got Knocked Out Was Priceless - Bleacher Report
Joe Rogan 's face spoke for us all Saturday night. After UFC superstar Ronda Rousey got knocked out by a lethal kick from Holly Holm, the commentator ...

Jack Dorsey: 'Twitter stands for freedom of expression'
Newly-instated CEO Jack Dorsey laid out Twitter's commitment to open dialogue, in a keynote on stage at today's Twitter Flight developer conference ...

Make your technology a force for musical expression with this digital guitar
Computers, tablets, even iPhones have grown into powerful tools for music making, but for many who play guitar the bridge from analog instrument ...

Computers learn how to spot hidden facial expressions
Machines are good at spotting obvious emotions like smiles, but they're not so hot at detecting the extremely brief microexpressions that reveal ...

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Smile!: Impressive Real-Time Facial Expression Transfer
This is a video from Stanford University of a system developed to transfer one person's facial expressions in real time to a live video feed ...

How Facial Recognition Uses Super-Simple Patterns to Understand Your Expression
Facial recognition systems use all kinds of clever software to work out who you are and even how you’re feeling. But in this video explainer, ...

Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue
ABC News Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue ABC News This photograph made available on Saturday Nov. 14, 2015, shows ...