datawindow expression

Hi,

I made an expression on my datawindow level : for example
the border expression :
if(order_ind>0,5,1)

Now I want to get this syntax via script on my window level
How can I do this so that I can also put this or another
expression back to the datawindow expression ?

This.Describe("order_ind.Border")

This also gives me data in the field, but what do I have to
do to get only the expression ?

Thnx in advance
0
Dave

You should post this in the powerbuilder.datawindow section.

On 14 Oct 2004 05:41:24 -0700, Dave wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I made an expression on my datawindow level : for example
>the border expression :
>if(order_ind>0,5,1)
>
>Now I want to get this syntax via script on my window level
>..
>How can I do this so that I can also put this or another
>expression back to the datawindow expression ?
>
>This.Describe("order_ind.Border")
>
>This also gives me data in the field, but what do I have to
>do to get only the expression ?
>
>Thnx in advance

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

how to write loop expression in Datawindow Expression?
thx "handi" <zs@westd.net> wrote in message news:3f5d9d07$1@forums-1-dub... > thx > Loop? Can you give us a better idea of what you're trying to accomplish? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Get the new PB9 books! http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Code samples on Sybase CodeXchange: http://codexchange.sybase.com ISUG Enhancement Requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement Write a global function and refer to it in the dw expression. --- PowerObject! > thx > > <PowerObject!> wrot...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

Can DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable handle DataWindow expressions ?
Hi there, I have a couple of DWs that I am saving as HTML. I use 'DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable' to get the html (I've also tried data.html). I prifix this with the StyleSheet in order to get the layout correct i.e. bold, colours etc.. One DW is very simple and works no problem. The other (external) DW is very complicated and has loads of columns. Depending on various column data values, all the columns have expressions to control things like x and coords, height, width, visibility etc.. When I get the HTML the layout is not correct. Some column are not displayed when the...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Datawindow Expressions
Hi there! I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to change the attributes of a datawindow in PowerBuilder 6.5 so that the list of available radio buttons defined for a column is dynamic. Specifically, if a flag column in the datawindow is set to a 1, I need an extra radio-button added to the list of available selections. Otherwise, it should not be present. I've been looking at the .Values attribute for the datawindow object and I can manipulate it to change the available options but only when I don't have an expression. I just c...

Anything Like GetColumn() datawindow method in DataWindow expression function
Hi All, I'm Using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that could give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn() method is script! I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a column when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is there any other way to do It? Thanks Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current column. To check the name for example: ls_var = DWO.name Hope that helps. regards ... Chris ...

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow Expressions
Hi I have an expression to change the color of text on row in a datawindow , 'if (change_colour =1,rgb(255,0,0),rgb(0,0,0) )', but what I am trying to do is only change the color of a particular column on the row. Is there any way to do this? All the columns have to have the expression but any combination of the columns are to have the color change. Hope that makes sense. Ron If I understand the question correctly, you can put the expresion in the datawindow. Go to teh datawindow painter and click on a field (column) you want to have use the expression. (PB8)...

What generals generally do

Web resources about - datawindow expression - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo