Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database

My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5
When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a
SqlAnywhere database.
The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere
databases.
I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the
database painter.

Any Info Appreciated.
Bob

0
BobTirone

Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32
directory.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"BobTirone" <RTironeSr@attbi.com> wrote in message
> My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0
> I am using PowerBuilder 6.5
> When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a
> SqlAnywhere database.
> The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere
> databases.
> I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the
> database painter.
>
> Any Info Appreciated.
> Bob

0
Terry
7/3/2002 2:49:41 PM
That was one of my problems.
Now I am not sure how they installed PB so I will have to check
Bob
Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message

0
BobTirone
7/3/2002 4:39:36 PM
I think I will have to reinstall PB.  But Just curious if you have seen
this.
Creates the DB but not the PB repository.
Bob
BobTirone <RTironeSr@attbi.com> wrote in message

0
BobTirone
7/3/2002 4:45:52 PM
PB will always try to create the PBCATxxx tables, unless in the pb.ini file
you've set the parameter

[Database]
NoCatalog=1

--

> I think I will have to reinstall PB.  But Just curious if you have seen
> this.
> Creates the DB but not the PB repository.
> Bob
> BobTirone <RTironeSr@attbi.com> wrote in message

0
Terry
7/4/2002 4:05:54 PM
My PB.ini file entry is
[Database]
NoCatalog=No

Still have same problem.
I did check if the .db was read only and it was so I changed it but still
have the same problem.

Thanks
Bob
Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message

0
BobTirone

Cant create new database / CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262)
   I am using SQL express and Visual web developer on windows Vista. When I try to create a new database the following message appears.   CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262) I log on to my computer as an administrator. Help appreciated  Prontonet       How do you login to sql server? Do you use sql authentication? If so, check the account you  login with has appropriate permissions. Or are you using windows authentication?----------------------------------------------Mark helpful posts as "Answer"Check...

I can't creating database when i using Creat database.
I get a fail meg. like SQL error (-143)- column '@database_version' not found. Yes i think the problem can be at i have installed an ebf.......... but is it ? regards christian I had the same problem. I accidentally had 6.02 and 5.xx on my machine. My system path was finding the 5.xx libraries first, but I was running Create Database from 6.02 Sybase Central. Once I deleted the 5.xx directory and cleaned up my path the problem went away. Hope that helps. Christian Jonasson <christian.jonasson@brightid.se> wrote in message news:Necypc6S$GA.98@forums.sybase....

Adding Create database user, Create database and Create Administrator UI Dialogs in Web Deployment Project
Hi guys,Are any of you adept at creating these UI dialogs for their web deployment projects? I need to be able to create a new user, create a new connectionstring, run a DB build script, and create an administrator account during the web deployment process.I must also be able to edit some settings with IIS.How do you go about doing these in VS2005 Web Deployment Projects? I know I can add new dialogs for the install process, but don't know what to do next.Thanks!http://dotnet.kapenilattex.com...

Database link problem database painter
Converted app from PB 6.5 to PB 7.03 Build 10077. Same behavior on PB 8 Build 7039. Datawindows with Oracle database (8.1.7) links work correctly. However, if the datawindow syntax is modified the error "Database Error:" is returned in the database painter. Note: I have converted to syntax. If I create a new datawindow from scratch that uses a database link, it works correctly. Basically, if a change has to be made to an existing datawindow, it must be totally recreated. This is different behavior that PB 6.5. Any workarounds? Thanks, Kirk ...

Slow Database Response In Database Painter
We are noticing that when you do some SQL in the isql session of the database painter in PowerBuilder ver 7.02 build 8030, that the return of the data runs slower than in PowerBuilder ver 6.5. I am connected to an Oracle database ver 8.03. Is there maybe something I am overlooking, or is this something that I should expect. I am doing tests of the same SQL running at the same time on the same machine, and the one on PowerBuilder 6.5 runs significantly faster. Any clues. ...

Creating Database for PowerBuilder
Hi there to all. I have a question that need answers. Could you all please tell me how to create database for it and what programs that I can use to create it. Thank You. Regards, Yang Ashra You can use any database you like. PB comes with SQLAnywhere / ASA and you can deploy the runtime engine freely. You can use Access, ASE, Oracle, SQLServer etc. It depends on what your needs are. Please provide some info on what you are trying to accomplish. Also, what version of PB (Desktop, Professional, Enterprise) do you use. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder....

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

How to create a connection to a sql Database from a database class?
Hello Mate!,                 I have a Database clss and a web form I have just mentioned in the Web config file of the webform for connection string as <configuration> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings>  <add name ="SQL" connectionString="Server=Servername;Database=mydatabase;uid=some user id ;pwd=some password;"/> </connectionStrings ></configuration> and i have just mentioned in a class in which i want to create a connecti...

create ASA remote database out of consolidated database
I am trying to make a remote database out of a consolidated database. The scheme of the remote database should be parallel in structure to the scheme of the consolidated database. The database has about 300 tables. In all our tables is a identifier company_id and in some tables (about 200) the identifier user_id. After the remote database is created synchronisation should work as follows: The tables with the identifier user_id are changed in the remote database and should be uploaded to the consolidated database. The tables with no user_id are changed in the consolidated dat...

ASA database problem with PB Database Painter
Hi all, In "EAS Demo DBV105" database I am creating new table successful. But problem is that I am not able to insert any data to table ? In result section of database painter, on right click "Insert Row" , "delete row" all option are in active so I am not able to insert row. Please help me Your table must have a unique index in order to insert or update from the database painter. On 27 Jan 2007 05:53:24 -0700, "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > > > >In "EAS Demo DBV105" da...

Unable to start database (ASA8-Create Database)
I'm working with ASA6,ASA7,ASA8 in the same PC. No problem while new DB creation with ASA 6 and 7 in Sybase Central. I'm getting "unable to start database" error message at the end of ASA8 Sybase Central create db wizard. I installed EBF 2285 for ASA 8.0.0 and it doesn't worked. (I'm working with the dbinit on the command promt for now.My OS=Win 2000 Proffessional) Oguz OZAN Consultant Sybase Turkey ozan@sybase.com.tr ...

Web resources about - Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere