data exchange between PowerBuilder applications

PowerBuilder 11.5.1

I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.

I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.

Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?

Andi
0
Andi

Hi Andi,

Is using a table inside a db an option for you? You could send your wordparm
value to notify the other app that there is some data to pick up.

Just a thought,
Mark

"Andi" <andi> wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>
> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>
> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>
> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>
> Andi

0
Mark
7/16/2010 1:28:40 PM
Not a bad thought, thx

but at least in one specific case I dont have a database - but of course
I could use files instead...

maybe there is a way to use mailslots, i have to check that

Andi

Am 16.07.2010 15:28, schrieb Mark:
> Hi Andi,
>
> Is using a table inside a db an option for you? You could send your wordparm
> value to notify the other app that there is some data to pick up.
>
> Just a thought,
> Mark
>
> "Andi"<andi>  wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
>> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>>
>> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
>> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>>
>> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
>> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
>> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
>> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
>> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>>
>> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>>
>> Andi

0
Andi
7/16/2010 2:23:03 PM
How about using Winsock?
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html

I also have a simple Chat example that uses Winsock to send text messages
between two programs.

"Andi" <andi> wrote in message news:4c406b47@forums-1-dub...

> Not a bad thought, thx
>
> but at least in one specific case I dont have a database - but of course I
> could use files instead...
>
> maybe there is a way to use mailslots, i have to check that
>
> Andi
>

> Am 16.07.2010 15:28, schrieb Mark:
>> Hi Andi,
>>
>> Is using a table inside a db an option for you? You could send your
>> wordparm
>> value to notify the other app that there is some data to pick up.
>>
>> Just a thought,
>> Mark
>>
>> "Andi"<andi>  wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>>>
>>> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
>>> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>>>
>>> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
>>> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data
>>> only.
>>> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
>>> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
>>> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>>>
>>> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>>>
>>> Andi

0
Roland
7/16/2010 2:45:53 PM
Or write into specific user-registry keys (i.e., HKCU, not HKLM)

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

"Andi" <andi> wrote in message news:4c406b47@forums-1-dub...

> Not a bad thought, thx
>
> but at least in one specific case I dont have a database - but of course I
> could use files instead...
>
> maybe there is a way to use mailslots, i have to check that
>
> Andi
>

> Am 16.07.2010 15:28, schrieb Mark:
>> Hi Andi,
>>
>> Is using a table inside a db an option for you? You could send your
>> wordparm
>> value to notify the other app that there is some data to pick up.
>>
>> Just a thought,
>> Mark
>>
>> "Andi"<andi>  wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>>>
>>> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
>>> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>>>
>>> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
>>> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data
>>> only.
>>> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
>>> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
>>> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>>>
>>> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>>>
>>> Andi

0
Paul
7/16/2010 3:05:22 PM
Does "control" mean one launching the other? It could pass arguments on
the command line.
In article <4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub>, Andi says...

> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>
> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>
> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>
> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>
> Andi

0
jwayt
7/27/2010 10:04:43 PM
Sure that is a possibility, but it does not allow you to exchange data
after the launch

Am 28.07.2010 00:04, schrieb jwayt:
> Does "control" mean one launching the other? It could pass arguments on
> the command line.
> In article<4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub>, Andi says...
>>
>> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>>
>> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
>> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>>
>> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
>> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
>> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
>> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
>> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>>
>> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>>
>> Andi

0
Andi
7/28/2010 7:48:45 AM
Hi Andi,

I think the following link would be useful for you:

http://www.zanshu.com/ebook/156_12wince/ch08e.htm

Also for your information, to dereference a string you might read MSDN help
about the following functions:
lstrlen, lstrcpy, isbadreadptr, rtlmovememory

Here are some sample declarations, but for your needs you can adjust the
type of the Destination argument:
SUBROUTINE CopyMemory(ref blob Destination, ulong Source, ulong Length)
Library "KERNEL32.DLL" Alias for "RtlMoveMemory"
FUNCTION boolean IsBadReadPtr(ulong lp, uint ucb) Library "KERNEL32.DLL"
Alias for "IsBadReadPtr"
FUNCTION ulong lstrcpy(ref string lpString1, ulong lpString2) Library
"KERNEL32.DLL" Alias for "lstrcpyW"
FUNCTION ulong lstrlen(ulong lpString) Library "KERNEL32.DLL" Alias for
"lstrlenW"

HTH,
Ivaylo

"Andi" <andi> wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>
> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>
> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>
> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>
> Andi

0
Ivaylo
7/28/2010 10:00:10 AM
The command line technique is only present at launch. You have not said
anything of what or how much, or how often you want to pass info.

I have passed limited data using the registry between two or more
independent processes.

In article <4c4fe0dd$1@forums-1-dub>, Andi says...

> Sure that is a possibility, but it does not allow you to exchange data
> after the launch
>

> Am 28.07.2010 00:04, schrieb jwayt:
> > Does "control" mean one launching the other? It could pass arguments on
> > the command line.
> > In article<4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub>, Andi says...
> >>
> >> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
> >>
> >> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
> >> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
> >>
> >> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
> >> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
> >> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
> >> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
> >> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
> >>
> >> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
> >>
> >> Andi

0
jwayt
7/28/2010 2:22:06 PM
Ty Ivaylo, very interesting article, lets see what I can do with this
information...

Am 28.07.2010 12:00, schrieb Ivaylo Ivanov:
> Hi Andi,
>
> I think the following link would be useful for you:
>
> http://www.zanshu.com/ebook/156_12wince/ch08e.htm
>
> Also for your information, to dereference a string you might read MSDN help
> about the following functions:
> lstrlen, lstrcpy, isbadreadptr, rtlmovememory
>
> Here are some sample declarations, but for your needs you can adjust the
> type of the Destination argument:
> SUBROUTINE CopyMemory(ref blob Destination, ulong Source, ulong Length)
> Library "KERNEL32.DLL" Alias for "RtlMoveMemory"
> FUNCTION boolean IsBadReadPtr(ulong lp, uint ucb) Library "KERNEL32.DLL"
> Alias for "IsBadReadPtr"
> FUNCTION ulong lstrcpy(ref string lpString1, ulong lpString2) Library
> "KERNEL32.DLL" Alias for "lstrcpyW"
> FUNCTION ulong lstrlen(ulong lpString) Library "KERNEL32.DLL" Alias for
> "lstrlenW"
>
> HTH,
> Ivaylo
>
> "Andi"<andi>  wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
>> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>>
>> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
>> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>>
>> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
>> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
>> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
>> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
>> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>>
>> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>>
>> Andi

0
Andi
7/29/2010 6:36:53 AM
Hi Andi;

   This is a great example of why many PB developers today are trying to do
these type of things and going through coding hell to implement this. Its a
crying shame because this is what Distributed PB was designed to do (way
back in release 6.x) -  exactly what you described. Not only was it way
easier, more flexible, stable, etc - it solved allot of intercommunication
requirements developers quite often have.

   If we had DPB today we could easily communicate between Win32, WinForm
and WPF based PB applications seamlessly. I cannot fathom why Sybase ever
discontinued this feature as it brought the whole product down functionality
wise and also helped discern itself from its competitors.

  I would hazard a guess that one of the reasons Sybase removed DPB was to
help EAServer sales but now that EAS is in maintenance mode and has not seen
a release in 2.5 years (and none planned that I know of) - I think its time
to bring this great feature back.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"Andi" <andi> wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>
> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>
> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only.
> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>
> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>
> Andi

0
Chris
7/30/2010 12:29:08 AM
LOL - I do remember the old times of DPB!

I have all the code for a simple "Application Server" implemented in DPB
somewhere in my PowerBuilder archive.

Let me know if Sybase review their position - I will relaunch this code
very fast...

Andi

Am 30.07.2010 02:29, schrieb Chris Pollach:
> Hi Andi;
>
> This is a great example of why many PB developers today are trying to do
> these type of things and going through coding hell to implement this.
> Its a crying shame because this is what Distributed PB was designed to
> do (way back in release 6.x) - exactly what you described. Not only was
> it way easier, more flexible, stable, etc - it solved allot of
> intercommunication requirements developers quite often have.
>
> If we had DPB today we could easily communicate between Win32, WinForm
> and WPF based PB applications seamlessly. I cannot fathom why Sybase
> ever discontinued this feature as it brought the whole product down
> functionality wise and also helped discern itself from its competitors.
>
> I would hazard a guess that one of the reasons Sybase removed DPB was to
> help EAServer sales but now that EAS is in maintenance mode and has not
> seen a release in 2.5 years (and none planned that I know of) - I think
> its time to bring this great feature back.
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> "Andi" <andi> wrote in message news:4c404f35$1@forums-1-dub...
>> PowerBuilder 11.5.1
>>
>> I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more
>> PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control.
>>
>> I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the
>> wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data
>> only.
>> But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the
>> String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one
>> PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise.
>>
>> Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)?
>>
>> Andi

0
Andi
7/30/2010 11:23:57 AM
Is that what wCf (Windows communication foundation) is for?

In article <4c521cd4$1@forums-1-dub>, cpollach@travel-net.com says...

> Hi Andi;
>
>    This is a great example of why many PB developers today are trying to do
> these type of things and going through coding hell to implement this. Its a
> crying shame because this is what Distributed PB was designed to do (way
> back in release 6.x) -  exactly what you described. Not only was it way
> easier, more flexible, stable, etc - it solved allot of intercommunication
> requirements developers quite often have.
>
>    If we had DPB today we could easily communicate between Win32, WinForm
> and WPF based PB applications seamlessly. I cannot fathom why Sybase ever
> discontinued this feature as it brought the whole product down functionality
> wise and also helped discern itself from its competitors.

0
jwayt
7/31/2010 12:44:19 PM
Hi Jeff;

Yes ... but Sybase only implemented the client part. We need the server
part! Bringing back a DPB server now built on WCF would be "really kool"!
Again, the DPB feature should of stayed and just have been modernized (
IHMO )  :-)))))

Regards ... Chris

"jwayt" <jwayt_nospam@iobar.com> wrote in message
> Is that what wCf (Windows communication foundation) is for?
>
> In article <4c521cd4$1@forums-1-dub>, cpollach@travel-net.com says...
>>
>> Hi Andi;
>>
>>    This is a great example of why many PB developers today are trying to
>> do
>> these type of things and going through coding hell to implement this. Its
>> crying shame because this is what Distributed PB was designed to do (way
>> back in release 6.x) -  exactly what you described. Not only was it way
>> easier, more flexible, stable, etc - it solved allot of
>> intercommunication
>> requirements developers quite often have.
>>
>>    If we had DPB today we could easily communicate between Win32, WinForm
>> and WPF based PB applications seamlessly. I cannot fathom why Sybase ever
>> discontinued this feature as it brought the whole product down
>> functionality
>> wise and also helped discern itself from its competitors.

0
Chris
7/31/2010 5:00:04 PM
The server part is an .net web service, provided in 11.5.

On 31 Jul 2010 10:00:04 -0700, "Chris Pollach"
<cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:

>Hi Jeff;
>
>Yes ... but Sybase only implemented the client part. We need the server
>part! Bringing back a DPB server now built on WCF would be "really kool"!
>Again, the DPB feature should of stayed and just have been modernized (
>IHMO )  :-)))))
>
>Regards ... Chris
>

>"jwayt" <jwayt_nospam@iobar.com> wrote in message
>> Is that what wCf (Windows communication foundation) is for?
>>
>> In article <4c521cd4$1@forums-1-dub>, cpollach@travel-net.com says...
>>>
>>> Hi Andi;
>>>
>>>    This is a great example of why many PB developers today are trying to
>>> do
>>> these type of things and going through coding hell to implement this. Its
>>> crying shame because this is what Distributed PB was designed to do (way
>>> back in release 6.x) -  exactly what you described. Not only was it way
>>> easier, more flexible, stable, etc - it solved allot of
>>> intercommunication
>>> requirements developers quite often have.
>>>
>>>    If we had DPB today we could easily communicate between Win32, WinForm
>>> and WPF based PB applications seamlessly. I cannot fathom why Sybase ever
>>> discontinued this feature as it brought the whole product down
>>> functionality
>>> wise and also helped discern itself from its competitors.

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
Ning:      http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
Xing:      http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bruce
7/31/2010 6:41:44 PM
Hi Bruce;

  I think PB should encapsulate that for us though and make it easier to
use. PB should make these things more transparent where possible - to me,
that is what PB's value would be to developers IMHO.

"Bruce Armstrong" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The server part is an .net web service, provided in 11.5.
>
> On 31 Jul 2010 10:00:04 -0700, "Chris Pollach"
> <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Jeff;
>>
>>Yes ... but Sybase only implemented the client part. We need the server
>>part! Bringing back a DPB server now built on WCF would be "really kool"!
>>Again, the DPB feature should of stayed and just have been modernized (
>>IHMO )  :-)))))
>>
>>Regards ... Chris
>>

>>"jwayt" <jwayt_nospam@iobar.com> wrote in message
>>> Is that what wCf (Windows communication foundation) is for?
>>>
>>> In article <4c521cd4$1@forums-1-dub>, cpollach@travel-net.com says...

> -----------------------------------
>
> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>
> Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
> Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
> Ning:      http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
> Xing:      http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
> YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
> Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/

0
Chris

Exchanging Data Between Two PowerBuilder Applications
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0265_01C4F318.55FDAF30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. I am trying to figure out a way to send a String from one = running PB application to another running PB application. From my = research so far, it looks like the SendMessage API call comes close, and = I think it might actually do the trick if I were sending a Long instead = of a String. However, I definitely need to send character data, and I = am unable to come up with a solution...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

MYSQL and PowerBuilder data exchange
Hi, I was hoping some one would help me with something. I am new to MYSQL and PowerBuilder, I have been able to pass variables between PowerBuilder and MS SQL Server but am unable to do so using MYSQL. is there somewhere I can download an example program showing how this is done? This would be deeply appreciated, Thanks, Regards, Gareth Murray What version of PowerBuilder? What do you mean by 'pass variables'? Is that passing variables to a stored procedure or inline sql statement? Perhaps if you gave an example of how you do it with SQL Server, someone c...

Generating PowerBuilder Applications from Data Model
A few years ago I used a version of PowerDesigner (perhaps AppModeller) to generate a functioning PowerBuilder application directly from a physical data model. It was fine for editing static data. I now have PowerDesigner 9.5.0 and want to do it again for static data. I can't find how to do it in this version of PowerBuilder. Any ideas? The functionality of AppModeler was not carried forward to PD 7, 8 or 9.x. However, using the 9.5.2 release, you are able to generate and reverse engineer PB extended attributes in the PDM. In the OOM, you can now reverse engineer your entire...

Accessing Outlook calendar data from a Powerbuilder application.
Hi, I want my application (developed in PowerBuilder) to access calendar data in Microsoft Outlook. I am rather blank on how to approach this task, so if someone could guide me to some relevant resources on the net I would be very thankful. Regards Vegard Use OLE and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). To learn more about OLE, review the application techniques manual on that subject. For VBA, go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/library and search for Outlook. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywher...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

application in PowerBuilder
Hi. I'm looking for an application in PowerBuilder for my company. Our database are in Sybase. We need an ERP (inventario, compras, ventas, facturacion, importaciones, etc.). Can someone suggest me one? Thanks in advance! Puedes intentar en Consulting, una empresa peruana que vende el AXIOM, un ERP con todo lo que necesitas. www.consultingasociados.com C�sar. "Cecilia" <cpedraza@subaquatec.com> wrote in message news:YT$F$1jmCHA.329@forums.sybase.com... > Hi. > I'm looking for an application in PowerBuilder for my company. > Our datab...

PowerBuilder Application
Hi, I've came across with this situation of a friend of mine that some time ago bought a car dealer application developed with Powerbuilder, and now the software company went out of business. The software company never provided him with any installation CD's for the program so if something happens to the computer he will loose all the information and won't be able to use the program. My question is how can i make a backup copy of the program so that it can be restored later in case something happens to the computer. I've identified the program files, database files a...

PowerBuilder.Application
Hi, I try to use PowerBuilder.Application automation object in C++ with IDispatch interface but where can I find the DISPID of LibraryList, MachineCode, CreateObject members ? Thanks in advance Benoit. It's easiest to use the OLE call "GetIDsOfNames(...)". This remains version independent. Hope this helps, Reed Shilts PowerBuilder / PowerJ Kernel Group ***Nothing I Say Is Official*** Benoit ROUGE-PULLON wrote: > Hi, > > I try to use PowerBuilder.Application automation object in C++ with > IDispatch interface but where can I find the...

PowerBuilder.Application
Hi, I try to use PowerBuilder.Application automation object in C++ with IDispatch interface but where can I find the DISPID of LibraryList, MachineCode, CreateObject members ? Thanks in advance Benoit. ...

migrating a powerbuilder application to a VB.Net application
I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that application but the person can only work in the VB.Net environment.So i want to find out if there is a way of migrating my powerbuilder application to VB.Net Wrong newsgroup :-) <bernard>; <ghana> wrote in message news:46c6f6a8.1595.1681692777@sybase.com... >I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to > a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that > application but the person can only work in the VB.Net > envir...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006) Application terminated
I receive the following message in my Jaguar srv.log file. "Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006). Application terminated." Question 1. Is this a generic error message or does it point to a specific reason. Question 2. First I will include these lines from srv.log leading up to and including the application error message. Item 1. **************************************************************************** **** Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: HTMLDW: Entering SetServerServiceClasses('n_sc_specimen;') Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: Constructor 09:35:02 Dec 05 09:35:02...

Web resources about - data exchange between PowerBuilder applications - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles