Copying jpg files to local machine from URLs

Is there a way within a PB application to copy JPGs and
other documents that live on one of our corporate websites
to the local machine that is running the application.

I currently have set up a window that has a list of
resources for a given retreival argument. The user can click
on the individual items and there browser opens to display
the image or document (using HyperlinkToURL Fx).

Now, users would like to be able to select multiple items
and save them to there local machine so that they may burn
CDs for third parties.
0
Don

Have you taken a look at the getURL( ) function?  You should be able to use the URL to the image and pull it down (haven't tried it
with images though, but I think it should work. YMMV).

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation
<Don> wrote in message news:44999ca2.1ebb.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Is there a way within a PB application to copy JPGs and
> other documents that live on one of our corporate websites
> to the local machine that is running the application.
>
> I currently have set up a window that has a list of
> resources for a given retreival argument. The user can click
> on the individual items and there browser opens to display
> the image or document (using HyperlinkToURL Fx).
>
> Now, users would like to be able to select multiple items
> and save them to there local machine so that they may burn
> CDs for third parties.

0
Doug
6/21/2006 9:44:56 PM
Thanks Doug-
That worked - something I have not used before...it took a
little digging to see how to properly set up everything
(inherited internetreturn nvo).

-Don
> Have you taken a look at the getURL( ) function?  You
> should be able to use the URL to the image and pull it
> down (haven't tried it with images though, but I think it
> should work. YMMV).
>
> Doug Porter
> DailyAccess Corporation
> <Don> wrote in message
> > news:44999ca2.1ebb.1681692777@sybase.com... Is there a
> > way within a PB application to copy JPGs and other
> > documents that live on one of our corporate websites to
> the local machine that is running the application. >
> > I currently have set up a window that has a list of
> > resources for a given retreival argument. The user can
> > click on the individual items and there browser opens to
> > display the image or document (using HyperlinkToURL Fx).
> >
> > Now, users would like to be able to select multiple
> > items and save them to there local machine so that they
> > may burn CDs for third parties.

0
Don

Copy file from Server to local machine
Hi,  How can I copy a PDF document from the web server to my local machine (eg. to C:\ Temp  folder)       Thanksbadis This should be simple as downloading any file. Just right click on the link for pdf and click on Save Target As.Deepak I think you misunderstood me. I'm asking how can you do it programmatically.Eg. on a Button click to copy a document from the server's Path to my machines path. and how paths look like a url or physical?Sample code will be helpful Thanks     badis Here is some code which ...

Copying font file to the local client machine
Hi, I have an application that generate a report using microsoft word, I am using a spacific type of font and when I run the application I need to copy the file into windows fonts folder in the client machine.  My code: before the class begin I declared the following:<Assembly: RegistryPermissionAttribute(SecurityAction.RequestMinimum, _ All := "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE")> After clicking the Generate btn the font must be loaded: '--- Function to Add the Font '---- If Not File.Exists("C:\Windows\Fonts\ae_AlBattar.TTF") Then File.Copy(server.MapPath(&q...

copy files from the server to a temporary folder on the local machine
We would like to copy desktop applications from the server to a temporary folder on the local machine and run passing parameters. Is this possible? > {quote:title=DENNIS TELL CARLOS wrote:}{quote} > We would like to copy desktop applications from the server to a temporary folder on the local machine and run passing parameters. Is this possible? At face value, this would not be possible; browsers do not allow access to the local machine directly by the server... too much of a security risk. You might accomplish it if you create an ActiveX control, though. Scott is correct tha...

Failed to copy a file across the network to the local machine
Hi there,  Can someone show me how to copy a file across the network to the local machine?   I have a file that is located on the server and mapped it to the N:/ drive on the server and want to copy that file to the D:/ drive on the local machine, but it failed to copy it. When I traced thru the code and it failed to check the file exist in that ip address and failed to step into the code to copy  to the local machine. There is no restriction on the file, it allows all users to copy it,  Can someone show me the right way to do it? thanks, below is part of my co...

Copy files/directories from a local machine to remote one
Hello! I’m new in ASP.NET but I used ASP before. I am looking for ways to copy files and/or directories from my local machine to another remote machine (say, into a shared folder assuming I know the machine IP address). When copying all files from a directory and sub-directories, I should be able to pick only some of them (for instance, all files finishing in ".doc" and not exceeding 1 MB) How can I do that in ASP.NET, normal ASP or VB Script? It may be VB.NET since it seems to me that ASP.NET works with VB.NET whereas ASP didn’t use such things... The only way I ...

WebClient Problems
I am trying download a file from server and copy to the Hd local machine. I am used the WebClient but just not copy nothing and not show me any error... My code:            string remoteUri = "http://www.mysite/";           string fileName = "filetext.txt", myStringWebResource = null;           string fileNamed = "c:\\folder\\filetext.txt";           // Create a new WebClient instance.  &n...

File.Copy and File.CopyTo DO NOT COPY CONTENTS OF FILE!@
I posted on here before but no one has been of any help. I am trying to copy files of type .zip .jpg and .pdf from ones folder to another (I dont want to move it, just make a copy). How can I do this? When I use File.Copy and File.CopyTo it makes a new file in the right folder but has no content and it also erases the content on the orignal file. WTF? This is really making me mad. Visit VistaForums.com #1 Windows Vista Forum Here you go --->  http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=207Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP ww...

.Net Application for Copying files from remoteserver to local machine on regular time interval.
Hi, How can I create one .Net application which will   Copying files from remoteserver to local machine on regular time interval.I spend a lot of time for searching  this in google.but I am not able to find the exact solution  . If any one having any idea regarding the same please let me know ..   Thanks In Advance Hari      Why use ASP.NET?  A scheduled batch file is easy and clean.  Use the Windows scheduler service. Your other option is writing a Windows service, which isn't ASP.NET. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "M...

Identify file size of remote image on a image, without having to copy file to local file system
Hi I am builing some admin tools for a client and I am trying to identify the file size of an image via its URL (eg.  http://www.remotedomain.com/image.gif)  Is there a way of doing this without copying the image to the local file system and then manipulating the file locally to get its file size Many thanks inadvance Using a HttpWebRequest object, could you send a HEAD request and then use the ContentLength property of the corresponding WebResponse Thanks worked a treat, I used the following  Dim url As String = http://www.domain.com/image.gifDim obj_HTTPWebRequest A...

Copy files from one machine to another machine
--0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi all, I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet which will copy the files Please advice Regards Irfan. --0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322-- On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Irfan Sayed <irfan_sayed2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . > Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet whi...

Access remote URL from local file:// URL
Hi, I've been reading about security and the same origin policy in FireFox, but haven't found anything on accessing a URL on a remote server from a file that was opened from the local disk. In particular I want to open an XML file with a <?xsl-stylesheet ?> processing instruction that refers to an XSLT file on a server. FireFox block this file and doesn't do the transformation. I've tried changing the security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy to false, but that doesn't help. I am using FireFox 3.0.8. Has anyone any ideas on how to get around this? Tha...

Access remote URL from local file:// URL
Hi, I've been reading about security and the same origin policy in FireFox, but haven't found anything on accessing a URL on a remote server from a file that was opened from the local disk. In particular I want to open an XML file with a <?xsl-stylesheet ?> processing instruction that refers to an XSLT file on a server. FireFox block this file and doesn't do the transformation. I've tried changing the security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy to false, but that doesn't help. I am using FireFox 3.0.8. Has anyone any ideas on how to get around this? Tha...

Copy a file from one machine to another machine
Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums Hai All, I need a Help. How to copy a file from One Machine to another Machine in the same Network using C#. Please Enlighten me.   Thanx, Karthik.A   Hi, use the System.IO.File.Copy() method. You can lay a network share to the other server so the destination address becomes accessible. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. But i need to do it without Share if it's possible thro! FTP . I need the code. ...

Live Bookmark from local file (file:// URL) in Firefox 3
Hi, How can I add a Live Bookmark from a local file (file:// URL) in Firefox 3? In Firefox 2, if I go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks, I get to the Bookmarks Manager... Then I have File -> New Live Bookmark... that allows me to specify a file:// URL in Feed Location... However the same is not available in Firefox 3... And opening the RSS file in the browser just displays it as a XML and does not give me any Feed icons... Any ideas? Thanks, Filipe Anyone? Any way to use JavaScript or something like it to achieve it? I tried the "Force Content-Type&qu...

Web resources about - Copying jpg files to local machine from URLs - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Private copying levy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A private copying levy (also known as blank media tax or levy ) is a government -mandated scheme in which a special tax or levy (additional to ...

Zynga CEO Dispels Facebook Game Copying Accusations
... they are like the crew mechanic in our games. They give you a new way to interact with your friends. Zynga was also accused last week of copying ...

Showing Apple employee #8 some of my artifacts. He remembers manually copying the Star Wars cassettes ...
jurvetson posted a photo: He has a rig that fed eight recoding tape drives from one master, and he would manually copy eight tapes at a time ...

The Secret Pattern That Stops You Copying Bank Notes - YouTube
http://tomscott.com - @tomscott - There's a hidden pattern on banknotes, all around the world, that means photocopiers refuse to copy them.

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Australia risks copying US 'ag-gag' laws to turn animal activists into terrorists
When Amy Meyer saw a sick cow being pushed by a bulldozer outside a slaughterhouse, she did what any of us would in this age of iPhones and Instagram ...

Hardware vendors sue Dutch government over copyright levies - regulation, legal, Dutch Home Copying Foundation ...
... on hard disks, smartphones, tablets and MP3 players that are meant to compensate the music and movie industries for losses caused by home copying. ...

Grace Jones slams Lady Gaga for copying her, describes her as soulless - The Courier-Mail Search Search ...
GRACE Jones has slammed Lady Gaga in a new interview, saying she didn’t “feel a soul” when she met the controversial pop star.

Iran claims to be copying US drone
CTV.ca Iran claims to be copying US drone Herald Sun AN IRANIAN military commander said the country is building a copy of a US spy drone captured ...

Ex-cop pleads guilty to copying sex video
A former officer has pleaded guilty to copying a private sex video he found on the mobile phone of a victim who came to police for help last ...