Copy Datawindow Data to a Structure

Hi,

I have seen an example of copying data of a datawindow to a Structure, but I
don't remember the syntax.  CAn you help me?

I have tried:

structrue_x istr_x
dw_1.object.data = istr_x
The above works but dw_1 contains more than 1 row, so I tried

structrue_x istr_x[ ]
dw_1.object.data = istr_x

Then I got a systemerro.

Kathy
Kathylo@bigfoot.com
PB 5 16Bit

0
Kathy

Kathy

Your subject gives the impression that you want to copy the data FROM the
datawindow TO a structure. But your sample script does the other way round.
Otherwise you are on the right track. That is:

structrue_x istr_x[ ]
istr_x = dw_1.object.data

Hope I am on the right track!!

Anil

Kathy LO wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen an example of copying data of a datawindow to a Structure, but I
> don't remember the syntax.  CAn you help me?
>
> I have tried:
>
> structrue_x istr_x
> dw_1.object.data = istr_x
> The above works but dw_1 contains more than 1 row, so I tried
>
> structrue_x istr_x[ ]
> dw_1.object.data = istr_x
>
> Then I got a systemerro.
>
> Kathy
> Kathylo@bigfoot.com
> PB 5 16Bit

0
Anil

Datawindow objects data copying
How can we copy data from one datawindow object of free form presentation style to another datawindow object that has more number of fields than latter ? To be more clear ------------------ 1. "dwo_one" has 10 fields. 2. "dwo_two" has 20 fields. I need to copy data from datawindow object "dwo_one" to "dwo_two". Does presentation style of the datawindow objects has any impact on the data copying ? On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:11:25 +0530, Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can we copy data from one datawi...

Using C data structures inside Perl data structures
Hiya, Brian keeps encouraging me to get on the Inline train, so here I am. =) I'm wondering whether there's a better way to embed C data structures inside Perl data structures. I don't need to access them from Perl (I'm using Inline wrappers for that), so I don't think Inline::Struct is the ticket. So far I have this hacky method: ----------------------------------------------------- int create_struct (SV *self, double x, double y) { double *fooey; HV *datahash; fooey = malloc(10*sizeof(double)); fooey[0] = x; fooey[1] = y; ...

copying complex data structures
the following will not work: $arrayref_one = $arrayreftwo; #it's just making a new name for the same #reference. the following works fine: foreach my $a (0..$what){ foreach my $b (0..$why){ $arrayref_one->[$a]->[$b] = $arrayref_two->[$a]->[$b]; } } it would be nice to have something to copy complex data structures that isn't going to be a code maintenance headache- the above is dependent on the data structure being a "2 dimensional array" of particular size. i don't want that restriction. any help would be apreciated :)...

Copy data from Dynamic datawindow
I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by users based on this code: new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql, & 'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL) ...... dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create) However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and paste the data into, say notepad, etc... How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns and then copy them? Thanks for any help. if you want to copy a selection of data, you'll need to compose it into a string (eg. tab-...

Copy blobcolumn data between datawindows
I need to copy the data in a blobcolumn to another blobcolumn in another datawindow (which contains another table with different columns - but it does have a blobcolumn). I do not find anything in the documentation about it. And the Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjectBlobColumn class unfortunately does NOT have an "ObjectData" property... Does anyone have an idea on how to do it (without having to first save the target row in the target datawindow to the database) ? Best regards Lars Sweden Well, GraphicObjectBlobColumn probably wouldn't...

Copy Table structure only
We have SQL Enterprise Manager (8.0).  Is there any way to Copy a Table from one database to another with only the Structure (design) - not all the Data?  I can't find any option in the Import Data Wizard that only copies the Table structure.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks  jP You can generate script for the table and compile it on the target server. Right click on the table in EM, All Tasks -> Generate SQL Script... ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

General Question On Data Structure
hi all, i got a though situation here. i would like to create some kind of "layer" between my application and my sql dbase. so when a user changes, deletes, inserts,... data, it would NOT directly change in my dbase but ONLY when the user clicks on a general update button. kind of function so errors can be undone ? caching data ? i thought this could maybe be accomplished by using a dataset and do all the interaction with the dataset and push it to the database when the user clicks on that one update button. now i don't know HOW and WHERE to start with such a thing. ...

Copy Data from Datawindow to RTF edit
Hi, I would like to know how to insert data from datawindow to a RTF editor! Kathy kathylo@bigfoot.com To cut, paste, or copy rich text using an RTF edit or DW you have to use the RTF functions: copyRTF(), cutRTF(), pasteRTF() To copy from an RTF dw or edit to a nonRTF just use the regular copy and paste functions. All formatting is automatically removed. To copy in the other direction, from a non RTF DW or edit to a RTF DW or edit, I think you'd have to extract the string, add starting and ending rtf codes (export a rtf file and view in text mode) then copytoclipbo...

copy a datawindow into another datawindow
I have an instance datawindow declared : Ex: u_dw idw Then I do the following function: Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw) Script : idw = adw In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw I thought : u_dw ldw ldw = idw But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen. How can I copy idw into ldw without destroying ldw when I destroy idw? Thanks for your time! Sandra Sandra, All you are doing is copying object reference to another variable. You are not actually copying datawindow. Use rows...

Saving Excel Format when Copying Data from a Datawindow...
I am tasked with adding functionality to automate the maintenance of a formatted Excel Spreadsheet. Data will be updated in a PowerBuilder window, and the user wants a formatted Excel Spreadsheet to reflect the changes without losing or screwing up the formatting of the spreadsheet. The formatting consists of variable column headers (data dependent) and variations in the color of rows and columns. Anyone have a clue as to how this can be done? I'm stumped!!! It seems like there should be a way to do this. I REALLY appreciate any help!!! Thanks!!! Ted Jones Thanks Terry. ...

Let user select and copy data from datawindow??
I would like to let the user mark any part that he like with the mouse inside a datawindow. The selected text can be copyed or deleted from the sheet using the ordinary function keys: CTRL + C or CTRL + X and so on. Is there any function in the system ( PB6) that support this action or do I have to write the code myself ? Is there anybody who have had this problem before ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks If you use a Grid datawindow, you can select in this way. Then use Describe("DataWindow.Selected") to get information about which rows/columns have ...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Tring to Copy my data & structure from My SQL
I am tring to redesign my site with a SQL Server 2005, and i need to import my Data & Structure from My SQL to the New SQL Server that i am settin up. The site now is on a Linux box and moving it to a Windows 2003 Server Box. So My SQL will not work anymore. Please Help Thanks   Bill...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

Web resources about - Copy Datawindow Data to a Structure - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo