Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?

Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code
(applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of
Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code
(applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB
have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our
applications to the web?

JKerstens

Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web"
(started by "John") for a good stream of information.

JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrote in message
> Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing
code
> (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of
> Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code
> (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB
> have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our
> applications to the web?
>
> Thanks

0
Ginny

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1
I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1. Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for client support which I don't think I have? Thanks Hi Gary; Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian. :-( The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support. Good luck. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/pro...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

sqlsrv32.dll versions with PowerBuilder 6.5.1
If I am using PowerBuilder Enterprise v6.5.1 and I want to upgrade my database from MS SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0, what version of sqlsrv32.dll should I be using? We are currently using v2.65.0217. We do have v3.70.0961 in house. Please keep in mind, we are not upgrading PowerBuilder, just MS SQL Server. Chad You can use MSS 6.5 client software but I think you have to install MSS 7.0 client to communicate with Server 7.0. HTH Alex Osin <Chad_J.> wrote in message news:BC295D62A534EA2E0052762B85256B44.0052764185256B44@webforums... > If I am using PowerBuilder Enterpris...

PowerBuilder Code examples RTE (version 6.5)
The RTE code examples give a PB060 error when I printpreview the document. I use this feature in my programs. In PB 5.00 it worked... Is there a way to work round this error? Thanks ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 and PowerBuilder 6.5.1
I reverse engineered some objects into PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 from PB 6.5.1. If you look at the preview, it's wrong. global type u_ahs_em from u_em event type integer ue_set_readonly(boolean ab_readonly) ( ) event pfc_selectall pfc_selectall event type integer pfc_updatespending(powerobject apo_control[], ref powerobject apo_pending[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_accepttext(powerobject apo_control[], boolean ab_focusonerror) ( ) event type integer pfc_validation(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_updateprep(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 + OpenOffice1.1.1
Hello!! I have a file in format .DOC which i have to convert into format PDF. So I have installed OpenOffice what it has a option of "Export to PDF". It's OK. Put I have to make this process in PowerBuilder 6.5, so i have tried to make a connection to OpenOffice, with OLE Objects. OLEObject myoleobjectOO myoleobjectOO= CREATE OLEObject IF myoleobjectOO.ConnectToNewObject("??????????")<> 0 Then messagebox("OLE Error", "Cound not connect to Open Office") End IF myoleobjectOO.application.Open ("c:\...

PowerBuilder 6.5 + OpenOffice1.1.1 #2
Hello!! I have a problem. I have to create a connection to OpenOffice and then I have to Open a file (what it is created). After that I have to convert this file into PDF (Export PDF) My code is this: OLEObject myoleobjectOO myoleobjectOO = CREATE OleObject integer resultOO resultOO = myoleobjectOO.connecttonewobject ("com.sun.star.ServiceManager") messagebox ('Resultado Conexion OO', resultOO) //Create the Desktop OLEobject objDesktop objDesktop= myoleobjectOO.createInstance("com.sun.star.frame.Desktop") //Open a new empty writer d...

Web resources about - Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles