Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC

I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5
build 444. The error I'm getting is:

SQLSTATE: S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Vincent
vuv@gte.net

0
Vincent

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
Hi all I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? TIA >I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. >How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? >How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? >TIA It's been a while, but you need to install the odbc excel driver and then configure a datasource just like any other odbc datasource. You might check the faxback documents on the sybase web s...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Powerbuilder connecting to Lotus Notes via the Notes ODBC Provider
Hi, I am a Developer on the Lotus NotesSQL team. NotesSQL is a 2.x ODBC driver for Lotus Notes. Recently, a customer reported a problem between Powerbuilder connecting to a Notes database via the Notes ODBC drivers (named NotesSQL, available at http://www.lotus.com/notessql). I had gotten an eval of Powerbuilder 7.0 (Version 7.0 Build 5031) from your website and tested the connection and saw the issue. The issue reported was that making a connection between Powerbuilder and the NotesSQL driver and putting the Username and Password in their respective fields in the database...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

how can powerbuilder get access system talbes via odbc?
Dear all: I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok? Thanks David I carry out this operation with Adaptive Server Anywhere. I do not know access, but I think that one can make the same thing. "david" <info@foreinfo.com> a �crit dans le message news: Oh6nrh#JDHA.220@forums-1-dub... > Dear all: > > I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i > think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok? > > Thanks ...

ODBC 3.0...can't connect anymore via Powerbuilder
I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0... Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from Powerbuilder. I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral. When I try to connect from the database painter 1) the db engine fires up 2) I log in, and this seems to go fine 3) I get the message: "An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database driver." And then the connection fails. I thought it was that PB didn't fully upgrade ODBC or something, so I installed NT Service Pack 3 ...

Powerbuilder 8: cant get primary key information from ms-access via ODBC
Hi, using Powerbuilder 6.5 it is possible to get the primary key information of tables create in MS Access via the odbc driver (also the odbc doesnt support this function). We just changed to Powerbuilder 8 and these functionality is gone. It is no longer possible to get the primary key information, I can only see an index called 'primarykey'. What has changed between 6.5 and 8? Is there any chance to get the primary key information with Powerbuilder 8 like 6.5 did? TH ...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

Powerbuilder ODBC Connection Details
One of our customers has asked me to supply a detailed description of how our application connects with their database. Powerbuilder provides such easy database connectivity that, well, I've never really thought about the nuts and bolts of connecting. When "SQLCA.DBMS= ODBC" and an ODBC DSN is specified, what files, etc., does the pb runtime expect to read? Any other details are appreciated. Thanks, Doug 1) The ODBC system files. This is so deeped rooted into the the Windows OS that I cannot list the specific files. The ODBC system files are included in ...

OpenIngres-ODBC-Powerbuilder Connectivity
Hi, Can somebody help me with using Powerbuilder5/6 on win95 with OpenIngres 1.1 on VAX/VMS. The relevant details are as follows : I. Hardware & Software involved: --------------------------------- 1. VAX 4105 as the database server with VMS 5.5-2 2. Intel Pentium MMX 200 based PC (Digital 3100) with Microsoft Windows 95 ver 4.00.1111 3. Network protocol - TCP/IP on client as well as the server 4. OpenIngres 1.1 5. Powerbuilder 6.0/5.x 6. Intersolv ODBC drive for OpenIngres ver 3.00 7. OpenIngres/Net ver 1.2 on Windows 95 (includes Visual DBA) II. Activities carried...

Powerbuilder
Can any one help with creating a connection to providex(Mas 90) database from Powerbuilder. I set up the profile using the Mas 90 data source , I am able to connect but get powerbuilder message saying it cannot create Catalog tables. I can only then see one table. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

odbc connection via access
Has anyone ever experienced the following. When using MS Access with read only priv. via an ODBC connection to ASA having duplicate rows of a table displayed? Upon investigating it's just that, the duplicates are only being displayed (hundreds of times) the actual db is fine. Any suggestions. It's version 5.5.04. If you have written a query with multiple tables you may have left off the necessary syntax to join the tables in a logical way. If you leave off the join syntax you'll get a Cartesian join which joins every row with every other row from each table. ...

Web resources about - Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles