Complete List of Message# to be used in Send() function?

Hi all,

I'm interested in a list of alvailable Message# for use in <Send ( handle, 
message#, lowword, long )>

ACTUALLY,
I'd like to send a <Ctrl+A> keystroke on a richtext adir control!

NOTE THAT I tried :
SUBROUTINE keybd_event( int bVk, int bScan, int dwFlags, int dwExtraInfo) 
LIBRARY "user32.dll"

rte.Setfocus()
keybd_event(17, 1, 1, 0) /*Ctrl Dwn*/
keybd_event(65, 1, 1, 0) /* KeyA Dwn */

BUT AFTER THAT,
the Right Control key remains in <key down> state!!!

Any suggestion?

Thank you
Stelios Stylianou


0
Stelios
4/14/2010 12:44:15 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 19 followers. Follow

3 Replies
659 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47760

You need to simulate the key releases as well!
Cntl press
A press
A release
Cntl release

-- 
Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests: 
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement


"Stelios Stylianou" <piosarota@piosarota.com.cy> wrote in message 
news:4bc5b89f@forums-1-dub...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in a list of alvailable Message# for use in <Send ( handle, 
> message#, lowword, long )>
>
> ACTUALLY,
> I'd like to send a <Ctrl+A> keystroke on a richtext adir control!
>
> NOTE THAT I tried :
> SUBROUTINE keybd_event( int bVk, int bScan, int dwFlags, int dwExtraInfo) 
> LIBRARY "user32.dll"
>
> rte.Setfocus()
> keybd_event(17, 1, 1, 0) /*Ctrl Dwn*/
> keybd_event(65, 1, 1, 0) /* KeyA Dwn */
>
> BUT AFTER THAT,
> the Right Control key remains in <key down> state!!!
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thank you
> Stelios Stylianou
>
> 


0
Jerry
4/14/2010 3:57:09 PM
Thanks for your reply!
That works just fine when executing just these 5 statements?

I was wondering...
Si there any way to do the same using send() command, like the example on
your link:
Equivalent to pressing CTRL + V
send(handle(rte_1),770,0, 0)

Is there any way I could translate any ctrl+key combination to a "Windows
Message#"?

Thanks again
Stelios

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
news:4bc5e5d5@forums-1-dub...
> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47760
>
> You need to simulate the key releases as well!
> Cntl press
> A press
> A release
> Cntl release
>
> -- 
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
>
> "Stelios Stylianou" <piosarota@piosarota.com.cy> wrote in message
> news:4bc5b89f@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm interested in a list of alvailable Message# for use in <Send (
>> handle, message#, lowword, long )>
>>
>> ACTUALLY,
>> I'd like to send a <Ctrl+A> keystroke on a richtext adir control!
>>
>> NOTE THAT I tried :
>> SUBROUTINE keybd_event( int bVk, int bScan, int dwFlags, int dwExtraInfo)
>> LIBRARY "user32.dll"
>>
>> rte.Setfocus()
>> keybd_event(17, 1, 1, 0) /*Ctrl Dwn*/
>> keybd_event(65, 1, 1, 0) /* KeyA Dwn */
>>
>> BUT AFTER THAT,
>> the Right Control key remains in <key down> state!!!
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Stelios Stylianou
>>
>>
>
>



0
Stelios
4/15/2010 4:11:17 PM
That's a bit over my head. You might look at 
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-us?query=wm_

-- 
Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests: 
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement


"Stelios Stylianou" <piosarota@piosarota.com.cy> wrote in message 
news:4bc73aa5$1@forums-1-dub...
> Thanks for your reply!
> That works just fine when executing just these 5 statements?
>
> I was wondering...
> Si there any way to do the same using send() command, like the example on
> your link:
> Equivalent to pressing CTRL + V
> send(handle(rte_1),770,0, 0)
>
> Is there any way I could translate any ctrl+key combination to a "Windows
> Message#"?
>
> Thanks again
> Stelios
>
> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
> news:4bc5e5d5@forums-1-dub...
>> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47760
>>
>> You need to simulate the key releases as well!
>> Cntl press
>> A press
>> A release
>> Cntl release
>>
>> -- 
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
>> Product Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>>
>> "Stelios Stylianou" <piosarota@piosarota.com.cy> wrote in message
>> news:4bc5b89f@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in a list of alvailable Message# for use in <Send (
>>> handle, message#, lowword, long )>
>>>
>>> ACTUALLY,
>>> I'd like to send a <Ctrl+A> keystroke on a richtext adir control!
>>>
>>> NOTE THAT I tried :
>>> SUBROUTINE keybd_event( int bVk, int bScan, int dwFlags, int 
>>> dwExtraInfo)
>>> LIBRARY "user32.dll"
>>>
>>> rte.Setfocus()
>>> keybd_event(17, 1, 1, 0) /*Ctrl Dwn*/
>>> keybd_event(65, 1, 1, 0) /* KeyA Dwn */
>>>
>>> BUT AFTER THAT,
>>> the Right Control key remains in <key down> state!!!
>>>
>>> Any suggestion?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Stelios Stylianou
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> 


0
Jerry
4/15/2010 4:33:42 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Which Message # to use with Send function ?
Where can I find all windows messages with number to use in Send() Powerscript function ? Do you have some links ? Do you have files ? Thanks ! Yvan Lussier R&D Algo Design inc. On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:11:00 -0500, ylussier@yahoo.com (Algo Design) wrote: >Where can I find all windows messages with number to use in Send() >Powerscript function ? >Do you have some links ? >Do you have files ? > >Thanks ! Yvan, A good reference for this is the help file installed with the PB Watcom C++ painter \Watcnt\BinNT\WIN32.HLP It contains the explana...

Sending a message using a list
I want to send a message using a TB address book list but I do not want anyone who receives the message to see the e-mail address of others on the list. How can I do this ? I tried putting the list as to the To: address and I tried putting the list as the Cc: address, but all the e-mails in the list still show. Edward Diener wrote: > I want to send a message using a TB address book list but I do not want > anyone who receives the message to see the e-mail address of others on > the list. > > How can I do this ? > > I tried putting the list as to the To...

Using Send () Function to Drop Down List for DDDW
I am trying to cause the drop down list (DDDW) to be displayed for a column using PB script. I found the example code to trigger a Tab using Send(Handle(object),256,9,0) but I haven't been able to get similar logic to trigger F4 or Alt-Down to work. Has anyone done this ? TIA, Doug I am using PB 5.0.03 32 under Win95. You need to use GetFocus() API to get the handle of the DDDW and send a F4 to it. Good luck. Mason Liu Object Labs, Inc. Doug Webb wrote in message <80QqL9To9GA.221@forums.powersoft.com>... >I am trying to cause the drop down list (...

Sending/recieving message to Other System/ PowerBuilde application using third party OCX tool.
Hi team, I have a application server developed in Power Builder 5.0 on Windows NT, we have around 400 clients. Clients sends/recieve message to server using Mailslot (UDP) protcol for further processing to other system. It is a two way message communication between client and server. Since message through mail slot communication layer is not supported in higher version (windows 2000). We want to change communication layer to winsock - TCP. We are trying to do this, using third party OCX control using OLE. Can any one help to find reliable third party tool through which client and s...

Send a message with a different way that send an email using outlook
Guys I don't know what is happening with me or my outlook express, this is the fouth time that I try to send this post and all are included in the first one, so I had to change the title, I hope this is the last try TIA Osvaldo "Osvaldo Valenzuela" <ovalenzuela@ias-tecnomex.com> wrote in message news:... Sorry if I post my problem again, I noted that I sent it with date of yesterday, this is not my good day, thanks again. "Osvaldo Valenzuela" <ovalenzuela@ias-tecnomex.com> wrote in message news:... Hi all, maybe it sounds very strang...

Using personal distribution list sends mail to many users not listed
Hi, we have migrated from groupwise 6.04 to groupwise 7.0 on our backend servers - a few agents were also migrated to GW 7.01 The clients an still on GW 6.04. when users are sending emails using a personal distribution list their mails are delivered to a large number of users not listed in this personal distribution lists. Any suggestions ? Best regards, Superjoker superjoker wrote: > Any suggestions ? Well, this isn't normal GW behavior - so I'd check to make sure that the frequent contents books do not have users that are not in the regular address bo...

How to get rid of warning message "A program is trying to send..." when sending email using Outlook 2007
Hi, How do you find a way to get rid of the warning message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf...." when sending an email (using MAPI) using Outlook 2007 from a PowerBuilder application? I would like an email message sent with an attachment automatically without interruption. BusyBeaver There is a setting that your email admin can change to avoid that message. I don't know what it is but I know it exist because we had the same problem years ago. Another option is to ditch mapi and use smtp instead. I just recently changed our syst...

"function eval must be called directly, and not by way of a function of another name" error message on eval use
I'm upgrading an app that embeds Firefox from FF 2 to FF 3. Scripts that use eval worked with FF 2, but they get an error message with FF 3. "function eval must be called directly, and not by way of a function of another name" FWIW, our C++ code to load the script files looks like this. The error happens regardless of myIsChrome's value. NS_ENSURE_STATE( myScriptContext ); nsEmbedString returnValue; PRBool isUndefined = PR_FALSE; myScriptContext->EvaluateString( script, NULL, // Use default scop...

I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder?
I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder? Count the bytes. You know the length of every object, because strings have to be initialized before seneding them to the API call. On 19 Jan 2006 08:11:55 -0800, kdioses@sybase.com wrote: >I would or someone else use a API function where you must >use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the >size of a structure in powerbuilder? Nothing, though I've been asking for a SizeOf function in PB since ver...

Use hyperlink to send ID field to a Function
 (I marked my other post as Resolved when I found a NEW "bug" in my code today ....  Thanks!!!!  MichaelOSS here again ...  Here is what I am trying to do.  Click on a Resource hyperlink and send ("push") that clicked hyperlink ResourceID to a fucntion.  I have the code as outlined above but it "pushes" over ALL the ResourceID's, not just the one ResourceID that I clicked.  I'm 99% there, just need to get the Function to receive ResourceID from the hyperlink clicked. Code that send...

"function eval must be called directly, and not by way of a function of another name" error message on eval use
I'm upgrading an app that embeds Firefox from FF 2 to FF 3. Scripts that use eval worked with FF 2, but they get an error message with FF 3. "function eval must be called directly, and not by way of a function of another name" Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C9021F.D2AD3C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable FWIW, our C++ code to load the script files looks like this. The error = happens regardless of my...

pbnovell SEND message function()
Hi, We're running an PB5.0.3 App in a distributed environment. The server side app takes care of printing. However, depending on the nature of the item being printed (whether it's urgent or not) a group of users needs to be notified. We want to user the Novell SEND message functionality. The pbnovell.pbl that comes with PowerBuilder contains a SEND MESSAGE capability. However, we do not need the entire .pbl, just the functionality of the "send message." Has anyone seen documentation on just what functions are used/needed to access the send functionality i...

sending each unsent messages multiple times when sending unsent messages
For an extension under development I plan to use the "Unsent Message Folder". I don't understand if there is a configuration / setup to decide where this folder is located (or can be reconfigured to) --- similar to the configuration for "Sent Folder". Is there _ONE_ "standard" location like "Local Folder/Unsent Messages" and that one is valid for all accounts? For all POP and all IMAP? I just saw the following bug. It's status is : *Status <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html#status>*: VERIFIED FIXED, b...

Web resources about - Complete List of Message# to be used in Send() function? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
... their fit, less TV-addicted counterparts. In particular, couch potatoes had slightly lower brain processing speeds and worse executive function, ...

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Learning F# – Passing Parameters to Functions
One of the first issues I faced when learning F# was finding out how to specify multiple parameters to a function. While this might sound obvious ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

Resources last updated: 12/28/2015 11:17:20 PM