compatibility of Powerbuilder 9 with SQL server 2000

can anyone provide me documentation were PB9 SQL server2000 compatibility is
captured in detail?

0
Anthony

What you mean?
PB9 is working just fine with SQL Server 2000.
If you want to see some thing which are specific to Microsoft SQL Server -
like DBPARAm and e.t.c
just search for Microsoft SQL Server in PB9 Help
"Anthony" <quoter1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> can anyone provide me documentation were PB9 SQL server2000 compatibility
> is
> captured in detail?

0
Grigoris

Unable to connect to SQL server 2000 from Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I have Power Builder 9 installed in Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition . I also have SQL server 2000 client compenents installed in the same server. I use an INI file to connect my application to the database. The DBMS in the INI file is MSS Microsoft SQL server Iam able to create a DSN, connect via ISQLW but when i try to login to the application there is no connectivity established. I get the error Database Error: Transaction not connected SQLCODE:0 SQLDBCODE:-1 Can someone tell me why such a error ? ...

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

Powerbuilder 9/SQL Server 2005
Currently we develop and support applications in Powerbuilder 9 against SQL Server 2000 using the native db drivers. Would there be any issues running these applications in PB9 against SQL Server 2005 that I should be aware of? It depends on what you call "native". MSS is the old db-lib client and is not supported by MS. OLE_DB with TCP/IP transport should work fine. I have done some work for a client that still has pb9 and use my local databases which are sql2005 and saw no issues. <Peter Santos> wrote in message news:43cbc0fc.767d.1681692777@sybase.com.....

powerbuilder connection to sql server 2000
Hi everyone, when I try to connect to our sql server 2000 db i get this error message. SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. How do I fix this. Mark ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I'll have to guess, since you didn't provide the info, but you must be using a rather old version of PB (i.e., 6.5 or earlier). MS updated ODBC to support additional datatypes and PB was updated to support them subsequently. On 30 Dec 2004 17:26:32 -0800, "mark" &l...

Powerbuilder 8 and SQL Server 2000
We have loaded Powerbuilder 8 on a XP machine that contains SQL Server 2000 client software (active connection). According to the Powerbuilder documentation, I should be prompted at installation time to indicate whether I wish to load the SQL Server 2000 native database driver. However, I receive no such prompt at installation, and the pbmss80.dll is not installed on my machine. What am I doing wrong? What edition of PowerBuilder are you installing? Desktop and Professional do not have the native driver options. On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:28:50 -0500, Betsy_Holt wrote: >We...

SQL Server 2000 and PowerBuilder 6
What can I do to work in PowerBuilder 6 with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, when the error 'SQLSTATE=S1003 - Program type out of range' is apear? (I try connect to a MS SQL Server through ODBC 3.5 and connection is succesfull, but when i try retrieve a datawindow, this error is apear.) Thanks ...

PowerBuilder 10 and SQL SERVER 2000
I have a strange issue. I have many windows in my application that uses Master Detail. When adding a new record to the master and the detail datawindows and then saving the indenity column in the master record is supposed to be added to the detail datawindow and saved as well. I use the pfc_linkage service and on updatestart of the detail datawindow get the ID of the row in the Master datawindow and add that to the new row in the detail datawindow. This works for all my applications since PB 5 and any PB10 application running on a XP client. On the Windows 2000 client the Master...

PowerBuilder & MS SQL Server 2000
We have an application that we would like to implement using PB 8.x as the front end and MS SQL Server 2000 as the backend. Just wondering how homogenous the two really are. I have searched through some of the old messages in the PB general newsgroup in Google and I see instances of "this doesn't work here and this doesn't work there". Of course, a newsgroup like this is where you would get such messages. I know there are people that use it (SQL Server 2000) with PB. I'm just wondering how much, and with what degree of success? Will anyone take a guess as...

Powerbuilder 10.5
I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current installation." Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use OLEDB Drivers for this ? try using this... SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL Server;Database=dbname'" hope this help mike <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase....

SQl server 7.0 and Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello there. I have this situation we,re working with Powerbuilder 9.0 and SQL Server 7.0 with an original application developed in Powerbuilder 6.5, this mean that we made the update to 9.0, well after that in some SQL that involve string field like char or varchar the values were evaluated with double quoted like this example type in "1","2". Select * from clients Where tipo in " 1","2" Well this syntax generated error because dont recognize del double quote, now the syntax must use single quoted '1', '2' li...

Connection of PowerBuilder 10 to Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Hello, I use PowerBuilder 10.2.1 (Build 9557), Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and OLE DB connection. I have a datawindow using Store Procedure to retrieve. After retrieving the datawindow, I have a SQL statement fetching loop, and I will call another store procedure in the looping. Once the datawindow with store procedure is retrieved, another store procedure cannot be executed in the SQL cursor fetching loop. The sqlerrtext message is that "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.". Howev...

Powerbuilder 6.0 and MS SQL Server 2000
Greetings all! I have searched far and wide on the internet for the following problem. I have figured out a work around, but would like to know if anyone has solved the issue (other than the you need to upgrade answer). We have a PB 6.0 application with a MS SQL Server 2000 Database on an NT box. The application works fine, we have no problems running the application. The problem is in the development environment. I can connect to the database with MSS SQL Server 6.x native driver, but it has problems. It cannot create a datawindow without getting an error. It says&qu...

Creating a SQL Server 2000 compatible .BAK file from SQL Server Management Studio Express
Hi,My webhost (1and1) is running SQL Server 2000 and their web tool supports the import of .bak files. However, when I try to import my .bak files created in SQL Server Management Studio Express I get the following error:"The backed-up database has on-disk structure version 611. The server supports version 539 and cannot restore or upgrade this database. RESTORE FILELIST is terminating abnormally."I have  Googled this error and learnt that 2005 .bak files are not compatible with 2000 .bak files. I'm just wondering if there are any work arounds to this or alternative tool...

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Support in Powerbuilder 7.0
Is there non-OLE support for SQL Server 2000 in Powerbuilder 7.0? If not, what can I do (besides upgrade to PB 8)? Charles Sustek You can use the native MSS driver, but it won't support newer functionality (MS doesn't support the old client drivers anymore either). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Google: http://groups.google.com "Charles Sustek" <csustek@acep.org> wrote in message news:aXfY7Lh8BHA.290@forums.sybase.com... > Is there non-OLE suppo...

Web resources about - compatibility of Powerbuilder 9 with SQL server 2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Astrological compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Android Design in Action: Sleep Monitors and Backward Compatibility - YouTube
Join Nick Butcher, Adam Koch and Roman Nurik as they discuss various elements of Android Design. This week, we'll take a look at the sleep monitor ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Xbox One finally finds its feet with backwards compatibility, games-focused dashboard
... snappy video game system. On Friday Microsoft began rolling out the biggest software update yet to its Xbox One console, adding backwards compatibility ...

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Lego teases updated Mindstorms EV3 with new Linux firmware, infrared, and iOS compatibility
... that it will launch an updated Mindstorms EV 3 kit later this year that runs new Linux firmware with out-of-the box iOS and Android compatibility. ...