Changing 16 bit API calls to 32 bit API calls.

Hi.
I have an application which i am migrating from 16 Bit PB4 to 32 bit PB5. I have
the following 16 bit API calls in the application. Can someone please let me
what the corresponding 32 bit API calls would be and what libraries i can find
them in? Also, where can i find information on API calls?

function int FindWindow(string lpClassName, string lpWindowName)LIBRARY
"user.exe"
function int Winhelp(int iWindowHandle, string lpszhelpfile, uint fuCommand,
long dwData) Library "user.exe"
function ULONG MAPISendDocuments(uLong ulUIParm, string lpszDelimChar, string
lpszFilePaths, string lpszFileNames, uLong ulreserved) Library "MAPI.DLL"
function uint GetFreeSystemResources(uint nparm ) Library "user.exe"
function ulong GetFreeSpace (uint nlong) Library "kernel.exe"

// Crystal Reports
function int PEOpenEngine() LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PECloseEngine() LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEOpenPrintJob(string report) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEOutputToWindow(int jobh, string title, int left, int top, int
width, int height, int style, long hwnd) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEOutputToPrinter(int jobh, int nocopies) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEStartPrintJob(int jobh, boolean wait) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEClosePrintJob(int jobh) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PESetNthTableLogonInfo(int jobh, int tablen, REF structure
logoninfo, boolean prop) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetNthTableLogonInfo(int jobh, int tablen, REF structure
logoninfo) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PESetNthTableLocation(int jobh, int tablen, REF structure
tablelocation) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetNthTableLocation(int jobh, int tablen, REF structure
tablelocation) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetErrorCode (int jobh) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function string PEGetErrorText (int jobh) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PELogOnServer(string dllname, REF structure logoninfo) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PELogOffServer(string dllname, REF structure logoninfo) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PESetSelectionFormula(int jobh, string selformula) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetSelectionFormula(int jobh, REF UINT texthandle, REF int
textlength) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetHandleString(UINT texthandle, REF string buffer, int
textlength) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PESetFormula(int jobh, string formulaname, string formula) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetFormula(int jobh, string formulaname, REF UINT texthandle, REF
int textlength) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetNthFormula(int jobh, int formulan, REF UINT namehandle, REF
int namelength, REF UINT texthandle, REF int textlength) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetExportOptions(int jobh, REF structure PEExportOptions) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PEExportTo(int jobh, REF structure PEExportOptions) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PEPrintReport(string reportfilepath, boolean todefaultprinter,
boolean towindow, string title, int left, int top, int width, int height, int
style, long hwnd) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PESetPrintOptions(int jobh, REF structure printoptions) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetPrintOptions(int jobh, REF structure printoptions) LIBRARY
"CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetNTables (int jobh) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
function int PEGetNFormulas (int jobh) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
TIA,

Rohit
0
Rohit

All this info is in the WatCom SDK windows help file.  There it will tell you what
and if there is a corresponding 32 bit API command.

Rohit Sankholkar wrote:

> [...]
> int namelength, REF UINT texthandle, REF int textlength) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
> function int PEGetExportOptions(int jobh, REF structure PEExportOptions) LIBRARY
> "CRPE.DLL"
> function int PEExportTo(int jobh, REF structure PEExportOptions) LIBRARY
> "CRPE.DLL"
> function int PEPrintReport(string reportfilepath, boolean todefaultprinter,
> boolean towindow, string title, int left, int top, int width, int height, int
> style, long hwnd) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
> function int PESetPrintOptions(int jobh, REF structure printoptions) LIBRARY
> "CRPE.DLL"
> function int PEGetPrintOptions(int jobh, REF structure printoptions) LIBRARY
> "CRPE.DLL"
> function int PEGetNTables (int jobh) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"
> function int PEGetNFormulas (int jobh) LIBRARY "CRPE.DLL"

0
Ken

PB 16 bit and PB 32 bit and API calls
Hello, I am trying to do a API call for a fingerprint reader. I have done all of the global declarations and I am sure all variables are mapped correctly. I don't get any errors from the function I am calling into, however I do get a PB error on the Global function I declared. The error is telling me that there is an invalid stack pointer. This function returns the number of the device which was created which is essentially a pointer. My question is this. Since I am running PB 7 which is 32 bit is it possible that if these ..DLL's I am calling into is 16 bit will I get ...

16 bit and 32 bit api calls from PB app.
Hi, i have an application that i want to run on both windows 3.1 and windows 95 pc's. however, i am making some api calls in this application. i would like to make 16 bit api calls if the pc is running 3.1 and 32 bit calls if it is 95. is there any way i can find out what operating system the pc has, as soon as my app is started up? any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, Rohit Look at the environment object. This is what you need. Regards, Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] Elevated Technologies, Inc. - New York www.elevatedtech.com Rohit Sankholkar wrote in message ...

Converting 16-bit API calls to 32-bit using pbm_commnotify
I'm converting an old PB5.0 app to PB6.5 and having problems with API calls to do a credit card validation via modem. The original code appears to have been copy/pasted with only minor modifications from Sept/1995 PowerBuilder Developer's Journal ("Serial Communications Manager" http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/source/995/robinson.htm). Now I need to make it work with 32-bit APIs. I've never worked with serial communication before, so I feel a bit like a fish out of water here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The main problem I'm experiencing is with the p...

Calling 16 bit dll from 32 bit Powerbuilder
I want to know if it is possible to call a function out of a 16 bit dll from within a Power Builder App that was compiled in 32 bit. If so, How ? Hi, No. This is not possible direclty. The most simple way is to get a 32bit version of that DLL, but you probably don't have that right? So, your in deep shit. You could create a thunking layer, which is a 32bit layer, converting 32bit calls to 16bit but this is not an easy task to do. Other option is creating a 16bit VB oleserver which calls your DLL. This ole server can be used within your 32bit PB environment. But first, try to g...

32 bit calling 16 bit
Hi! We're trying to upgrade an app from PB5.02 - 16 bit to 6.5. The trouble is that we call a lot of third-party 16 bit DLL's. Both our interface and the third party part does database calls (MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5). Can anyone shed some light on how we'd do this? (One friend mentioned we needed a "thunk" layer. Another didn't think you could "thunk" PB. I don't know enough about "thunk" to know what to think...). Thanks! Dennis Dennis, >We're trying to upgrade an app from PB5.02 - 16 bit to 6.5. The trouble is &...

32-bit API Calls
I am trying to access the comm port in order to read data from a special input device. Does anyone have an example of how to do this. Thanks, Mike Christopher ...

ShellExecute 32 bit API Call
Hi! I am trying to use ShellExecute API function with PB 5.0.2 32 bit and WIn 95/NT. When the function is called, I get a message "Error Calling External Function ShellExecute" Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? Local Function Declaration FUNCTION ulong ShellExecute ( ulong hwnd, ref string lpOperation, ref string lpFile, ref string lpParameters, ref string lpDirectory, integer iShowCmd) LIBRARY "shell32.dll" User Object Function Script // This user object function receives the argument, as_docname which is the full path and filename to b...

Problems with 32 bit api call.
Hi, I am trying to run a dos command from my powerbuilder app, which zips a db file and copies it to a network drive. i want my powerbuilder app to wait till the dos command is done. the way i was doing this in windows 3.1 was to open a response window and use the run command in the open event of the response window to fire off a PIF file, which ran the dos batch file. I then started a timer event. In the timer event, i used the Findwindow api function to check whether the dos window was still open. if it wasn't, then i closed the response window and continued. In windows 95 ho...

Calling 16-bit functions (DLL) from 32-bit App?
I've migrated a 16-bit app to a 32-bit app recently. The one problem is that we purchased a communications DLL from a third party who has since gone out of business, so there's no chance at getting a 32-bit version. The DLL is 16-bit, and PowerBuilder (32-bit) has a problem opening the library. Is there anyway to call functions in a 16-bit DLL from a 32-bit application? Chris, Unfortunately not. Unless the DLL is 'thunkable', then it can't be accessed from PB. Who is/was the 3rd party vendor? hth, -- Anthony M. Perugini Principal Consultant CPDP,...

Calling 16 bit DLL from 32 bit PB app
Is it possible to call a 16 bit C DLL from a 32 bit PB application? If so, what is the correct calling convention in C. I am using PB 6.5.1 Thanks, Brian Wetzel wetzelb@mindless.com On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:24:23 -0500, "Brian Wetzel" <wetzelb@mindless.com> wrote: I seem to recall there used to be a white paper on the Sybase Web site describing how to access 16 bit ODBC from 32 bit PB. That makes me thing that it is possible, but I don't remember the specifics. You might want to check out the Sybase site and see if you can find anything. I'll check...

pascal(16-bit) or standard(32-bit) calling sequence
Is there any info on the Pascal(16-bit) or standard(32-bit) calling sequence, apparently C++ DLL's must be in this format in order, for PB to call them as local external calls, any examples...? My MS-VC++ source: // TestDLL.cpp : Defines the entry point for the DLL application. // #include "stdafx.h" BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule, DWORD ul_reason_for_call, LPVOID lpReserved ) { return TRUE; } bool TestDLL() { return true; } I'm sure there is info available on this s...

16-bit API calls for file information?
Hi, Does anyone know a way in which to get the date, version, etc. information about file using 16-bit version of PB enterprise 5.0.3? I've not be able to find a reference source for 16-bit APIs. Thanks for any help, Sean Campbell Hi, AFAIK, there are none. You have to create a DLL in order to get this information. Perfect job for a PB C++ userobject. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj Sean A. Campbell wrote in message <353EE593.65D964AC...

16-bit PB calling a 16-bit DLL?
I am trying to build a "bridge" between a PB program (originally a 32-bit .exe) and a 32-bit DLL (I can't change this to 16-bit); both work flawlessly when run as 32-bit under Windows 95. Now... when I try to convert the PB app to 16-bit, and call my bridge pgm (a 16-bit .dll compiled with the Watcom C/C++ compiler v 10.?), I get a message "error calling external function..." when I try to access the function (the .dll loads fine). I have checked the spelling; I think the prototypes are correct, I have looked for samples (to no avail), etc. Does anyone kno...

How to call a 16-bit app from a 32-bit powerb app? (WinNT,Win2k,WinXP)
Hi, In our powerbuilderapplication we call a little third-party16-bit dos application. The strange thing is that the third-party application runs if we start it manually, but it won't run if we start it from our pbapp!! Then we get the following fault... ntvdm-288 ..... 16-bits ms_dos subsystem ntvdm-288.248.2f0001 %systemroot%\system32\config.nt. The systemfile is not suited for ms-dos or ms-windows applications. Choose close or ..... The file is called from our powerbuilderapp with createprocess(.........) Thanks, ICE Try RUN( ) instead. /ck "ICE"...

Web resources about - Changing 16 bit API calls to 32 bit API calls. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

The Changing Light at Sandover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Changing Light at Sandover" is a 560-page epic poem by James Merrill (1926–1995). Sometimes described as a postmodern apocalyptic epic, ...

Is Facebook Changing How We Travel?
When one of your Facebook friends posts a photo album of their trip to Maui, they’re not just showing off — they might also be acting as a travel ...

Missed this week's Changing Track?... - 774 ABC Melbourne - Facebook
Missed this week's Changing Track? We've got you covered. Like to submit your own? Email it to 774drive@abc.net.au

Facebook changing PMD program to Facebook Marketing Partners
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look. Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
... draft great presentations and to become a more effective and convincing presenter. Twelve minutes which can 12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...