Cannot use SQL Anywhere 5.0 after updating to 6.5

Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors

DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709.
Registers:
EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216
EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150
ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7
EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89
Stack dump:

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

memory violation using SQL Anywhere 5.0 / 5.5
I need some advise or help in producing a correct executable under Windows NT 4.0. I'm (still) working under SQL Anywhere 5.0, 5.5 respectively. My problem is the following: The SQLPP Preprocessor replaces my Embedded SQL Statement EXEC SQL CONNECT ... by the call dbpp_connect_40( (sqlcaptr), &__SQLV_messe_1, __SQLV_messe_2, __SQLV_messe_3, SQLNULL, SQLNULL, SQLNULL ); But the execution of this function aborts with the message The instruction at <adress> referenced memory at <adress>. The memory could not be read. At ...

Linux EAServer 6 + unixODBC + SQL AnyWhere 5.5.0.5
Dear All, I have the following problem: I just wanted to create a webDW which retrieves data from an SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5 database. After deploying, I cannot see data on the webpage, and the EAServer log file shows the following line: [OdbcConnection] ODBCError: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002, Msg: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified. As I figured out ( hopefully in a good way ), I have to create a proper data source configuration in the odbc.ini file. My question is: How can I get a Linux driver for SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5? O...

Cannot use SQl Sample Database 5.0 after updating to 6.5 PB... pls help
Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709. Registers: EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7 EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89 Stack dump: Is it possible that the 5.0 database was upgraded? I'm just thinking out loud here.... I can't think of a reason that the PB 6.5 upgrade would cause the SQL Anywhere db engi...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.5 and VMWare
Are there any known issues with using SQL Anywhere on a Virtualised VMWare server, especially around replication processes ? We have a replication intensive db that our corporate IT dept want to virtualise onto a new server running VMWare. I need to know if there are any do's and don'ts that we should be aware of. Thanks in advance VMWare is not actually a support platform for ASA. Having said that, because VMWare is designed to be a virtual OS, we should still run within this environment. If there are problems that are encountered in a VMWare session, that cannot be r...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Novell 5.0
Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. There is an EBF that allows 5.5.04 to run in a NW 5 environment. Mark Black schrieb: > > Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a > client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. > When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Netware 5.0
I understand that SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 as shipped will not work properly with Novell Netware 5.0. Has anyone heard whether Sybase intends to release a version update to resolve these problems such as version 5.5.05? Alternatively, is there a later build of version 5.5.04 which will resolve the problems? Yes, there is an EBF available through Tech Support that allows 5.5.04 to run on Netware 5. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and Sql Anywhere 5.5
I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal database errors ever since I switched my application from Powerbuilder 5.0 to 7.0. Do you know of any known problems with this. If so, what can I do about it? Please advise Define fatal database errors? Do you mean assertions? If so, read http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1010805. /ck <Jim_Sacks> wrote in message news:1B0972BF2418D403004477D285256AF2.004477E185256AF2@webforums... > I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal > database errors ever since I s...

Sql anywhere 5.5 and 6.0 comptability
Hi everyone, I would like to know if Sql anywhere 5.5x and 6.0 are compatible, I mean I am using Sql Anywhere 5.5 and one of our client bought the 6.0 version. My application will work with 6.0? Thanks ---------------------------------------- Frederic MARGARIDO Fred@radiosoft.org If it is an embedded SQL app, then you will have to recompile using the new preprocessor. If it is an ODBC app then you will need to use a 6.0 ODBC datasource as opposed to a 5.x ODBC data source. You will still want to test it thoroughly and check the 6.0 documentation for listed behaviour chang...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

Web resources about - Cannot use SQL Anywhere 5.0 after updating to 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Fake Video? Woman Steals From Child On Black Friday: ‘Why Are You Being So Aggressive?’
There are Black Friday videos being uploaded to YouTube that show shoppers behaving badly. One video, named “Lady steals from KID! Black Friday ...

Trump outdoes himself with this mocking/not mocking of a disabled reporter.
My take on this story ? Trump — seeming free and wild — somehow hits an absolutely precise line. It's so precise that I want to credit him with ...

Man jumped White House fence while whispering 'let's do this' while Obamas were still inside
WASHINGTON — A man draped in an American flag climbed over the fence at the White House on Thursday, prompting a lockdown as the first family ...

Kremlin says Turkey's Erdogan requests meeting with Putin in Paris
Reuters Kremlin says Turkey's Erdogan requests meeting with Putin in Paris Reuters MOSCOW Russia said on Friday that Turkish President Tayyip ...

French singers pay emotional tribute to Paris Attack victims 'when we have only love, to talk to guns' ...
"When we have only love, to talk to guns, and just a song to convince a drum." "So, having nothing, but the strength to love, we will have in ...

Big Balloons, Heavy Security for NYC Thanksgiving Parade
Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade; St.

Sony Working on App to Stream PS4 Games on Mac and PC
Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida has announced on Twitter that the company is working on an official Remote Play app for Mac and PC, enabling users ...

Similarities to Jim Jones and the Cult of Climate Change
Guest opinion by Arkady Bukh, Esq The apocalypse of an alleged climate change shares many of Jones’ cult-like qualities. Jim Jones, the People’s ...

Rebel Wilson Wishes Her Fans a Happy Pre-Thanksgiving!
Rebel Wilson is all smiles as she makes her way through Heathrow Airport on Wednesday (November 25) in London, England. The Pitch Perfect 2 ...

Social Elites Slammed on Pope Francis’ Kenya Visit
Pope Francis’ Kenya visit concluded Friday with a visit to Kangemi, a poor shanty town on the outskirts of Nairobi. The visit to such a poor ...