cannot access powerbuilder configure odbc or databases

After installing powerbuilder 5.0 on NT4 sp3 .... and then go into
powerbuilder and
click on configure odbc and get the infinite hourglass
Could anyone tell me what the problem could be ?
I've tried to uninstall (which has never been successful and i end up
deleting the directories and do a regclean)
and re-installing it.  And i still get the same results.

0
Distributed

Dist,

Can you get to the ODBC setup through the control panel? Also, try
reinstalling (no need to uninstall) PB and verifying that you install all
required ODBC drivers. You may also have to go to the "Native Drivers"
choice and select ODBC to get the PB-to-ODBC communication working right.

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamPS]

Distributed Systems wrote in message <01be76cf$fa37a090$2419f1a7@chin-mx>...
>After installing powerbuilder 5.0 on NT4 sp3 .... and then go into
>powerbuilder and
>click on configure odbc and get the infinite hourglass
>Could anyone tell me what the problem could be ?
>I've tried to uninstall (which has never been successful and i end up
>deleting the directories and do a regclean)
>and re-installing it.  And i still get the same results.

0
Millard

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Access to any database with PowerBuilder
Hi We are developing an application which will run with any RDBMS (oracle 7, 8, Sybase, Informix, DB2/AS400,...) . Only one RDBMS will be used on each site, but each customer may choose any RDBMS... This implies of course that we keep the SQL quite standard ... and other things .... Has anyone of you hints or ideas about this subject ? I find PowerBuilder is quite good when using ONE RDBMS, but not when generic code must be written And of course, ANSI SQL 89 or 92 is so restrictive, we must go further ... Thanks for any reply Hi, Our company has created a ...

Powerbuilder database configuration problem
Recently I was given some source code that uses a Sybase SQL Anywhere database as its back end. I can view the source code but if I try and go into a data window Powerbuilder is not connecting to this database, rather I believe it trys to go to the Powerbuilder example database. The database that corresponds to the source code mentioned was not originally created on my machine. How can I configure Powerbuilder to recognize a database that was not originally created on that machine? Thanks in Advance. What you want to do is configure an ODBC datasource for that database...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

import database from oracle to ms access through powerbuilder..!!
Hi everybody, environment: Powerbuilder8.0 Oracle8i MS Access XP I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this.. Thanks, Noaman Mughal Pipeline object. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 4 Sep 2003 19:00:40 -0700, "noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >environment: >Powerbuilder8.0 >Oracle8i >MS Access XP > >I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through >powerbuilder....

Single Powerbuilder Application Accessing multiple database
My current PB6.5 application is running on an NT4 and Oracle 8i platform. I would like to know if it is possible for a single PB application accessing more than one database. I was thinking of building an interface within my existing application to access a Lotus Note database while at the same time logon to the Oracle database. Can this be done easily? Does anybody got a PB application that looks at two databases? Regards, PB Apps Developer Sure. Just create and connect another transaction object. Meng_Woon wrote in message ... >My current PB6.5 application is running o...

Powerbuilder 7.03 and ODBC problems with Access
I am having several problems with Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000, ODBC and Microsoft Access 2000. I believe the problem is related to the version of MDAC installed on the machine. I have the latest patches from Sybase for Powerbuilder. The problems appear in the following situations: I get an "Out of memory" error when the following embedded SQL command is executed on Windows 2000: SELECT DISTINCTROW Max(FINALIST.APP_YEAR) INTO :li_year FROM FINALIST; Also, I cannot view the data source within the datawindow painter. I tried it on other Windows 2000 and ...

how to develop PowerBuilder applications that access Lotus Notes databases.
I need to access Lotus Notes databases, but I don't know how to get RTF field. I only access non-RTF field by using the PowerBuilder Library for Lotus Notes. If I want to get a RTF field by using PB Library for Lotus Notes,I only get a string that has 255 chars.HOW can I do? ...

Web resources about - cannot access powerbuilder configure odbc or databases - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles