Can't regenerate, can't open

In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when
the app is compiled.  When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of
Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed.  It has been migrated to current
version format, but must also be successfully regenerated".  But when I
try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me
regenerate.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
0
Rick

hi,

try to export and reimport the function ( check the code also)

hope it will help you

fran�ois
0
Fran
4/23/2001 3:39:00 PM
This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where we're
told we will be able to edit source code directly in the IDE without
exporting/importing). Export the source, make the changes in the .SRF and import
the changes. (I usually take a couple of iterations of this to get rid of all
the compile errors, but I'm sure you'll do it the first round. <g> Just in case,
it's OK to leave the export file open in the text painter when importing. Just
save, switch to Library painter and import. PowerBuilder doesn't hold a file
lock on files open with text painter.)

Good luck,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:09:43 -0400,
Rick Charnes <rick.charnes@thehartford.com> wrote:
>In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when
>the app is compiled.  When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of
>Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed.  It has been migrated to current
>version format, but must also be successfully regenerated".  But when I
>try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me
>regenerate.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2 now available at the SandboxCharitable donations without money?
CLICK FOR FREE MONEY!!The Hunger Site: http://www.thehungersite.com
The Rainforest Site: http://www.therainforestsite.com
The Kids AIDS Site: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com
The Child Survival Site: http://www.thechildsurvivalsite.com
The Breast Cancer Site: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
The Landmine Site: http://www.thelandminesite.com
0
Terry
4/23/2001 3:45:12 PM
Export the function. Comment out all the lines except the return. Import
it. Now it will regenerate. Uncomment and happy hunting!
Shawn
---- Rick wrote ----
In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when
the app is compiled.  When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of
Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed.  It has been migrated to current
version format, but must also be successfully regenerated".  But when I
try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me
regenerate.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

0
Shawn
4/23/2001 7:45:34 PM
Yep, that worked -- and on the first round.  Thanks, everybody.

In article <6IfUixAzAHA.205@forums.sybase.com>, sequel@techno-kitten.com
says...
> This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where we're
> told we will be able to edit source code directly in the IDE without
> exporting/importing). Export the source, make the changes in the .SRF and import
> the changes. (I usually take a couple of iterations of this to get rid of all
> the compile errors, but I'm sure you'll do it the first round. <g> Just in case,
> it's OK to leave the export file open in the text painter when importing. Just
> save, switch to Library painter and import. PowerBuilder doesn't hold a file
> lock on files open with text painter.)
>
> Good luck,

0
Rick

Can't open Can't delete
Name: Mike Gordon Email: mikeatmgendodotcodotnz Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't open Can't delete Comments: HELP I cannot open thunderbird after latest update. It has an error message thunderbird.exe is not a Win 32 command. I also cannot delet it to reload it I need some help Please Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore?
FF 4, Win 7 Prof can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How does one do that now? Thanks Louise On 4/3/2011 5:11 PM, louise wrote: > FF 4, Win 7 Prof > > can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. > > I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How > does one do that now? > > Thanks > > Louise found safe mode and disabled all my add-ons. The site, bose.com, still do...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Can't open my PDM
My colleague added a few things in the PDM file that I usually maintain, and now I can't open it. I get "Can't allocate enough memory !!!". I press OK, only to get the box again, and again, and again, and... My colleague can still open it on his machine. We're using 5.1.1, as we didn't really find 6.0 adding much at all. (And it seems that 6.0 mutiliates Swedish characters in an existing model.) However, I have the PowerDesigner 6.0 Demo installed, and with this I can open the PDM. The machine itself is running NT4 SP3, is a Pentium Pro with 96 MB, so I ...

Firefox can't open from URL on other App, can't shut down.
Until now, I had been using Firefox v1.0.2. Beginning yesterday, it became impossible to open a browser by clicking on a URL in either Polarbar Mailer or Pronews/2. There was one exception to this, at a time when there was no open Firefox window at all, when clicking on a URL did open a browser; that never happened if a Firefox window was already open. Shutting down Firefox in the usual way is now also impossible, unless it is done before much activity has taken place in the browser (only after a period of activity in the browser do these symptoms occur). It is possible to ...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

can't perform dumps
I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase 11.9.2-1 on Linux. Everytime I run: 'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server boot directory.' Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working? I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, winnerd@home.com Hi, Error 7205 could be give...

can't connect and can't scroll
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: can't connect and can't scroll Comments: Downloaded beta 6 several times and I can never get online. Everything else connected to the internet works fine, but I can't open a single page in firefox. Also, I'm currently using beta 4 so I don't know if this has been improved, but every time I minimize firefox and later maximize it, I can no longer use the mousepad on my laptop to scroll without reloading the page. Vista Home Premium 32-bit Dell XPS M1330 Intel T9300 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b4) G...

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are ...

Can't boot, can't update
I have upgraded from SuSE version 11.3 (which worked well) using zypper dup. Unfortunately, an earlier post regarding resolution of a CPU crash during boot turned out to be premature, as it is now intermittent. When booting, the system: (1) UDV reports a CPU crash (on-screen dump) (2) if the computer is reset (turned off, then on again), it will eventually either boot up normally (rare) or display a screen with a very wrong resolution setting. Repeatedly rebooting will eventually tease the system into normal operation, but it usually takes several attempts. Several Grub parame...

Web resources about - Can't regenerate, can't open - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Go forth and multiply — and regenerate
Go forth and multiply — and regenerate

New Doctor regenerates series and takes Tardis to a darker time
TINY. Listen. Beware. With these three clues, the new Doctor Who yesterday gave fans tantalising plot hints as to how the science-fiction series ...

How fasting for a few days can regenerate the immune system
Fasting for three days can regenerate the entire immune system, even in the elderly, scientists have found in a breakthrough described as ‘‘remarkable’’. ...

African mouse regenerates lost skin, cartilage and hair without scarring
... be feasible. According to the report, published in Nature , two species of the mouse (Acomys kempi and Acomys percivali) can not only regenerate ...

Ex-tropical storms Dorian, Flossie unlikely to regenerate
... tropical storms Dorian and Flossie are similarly facing unfavorable conditions thousands of miles apart, making it unlikely either will regenerate ...

EXIF ReGenerate fixes hundreds of image time stamps with a click
... the day/ hour/ minute offset, and manually adding it to/ subtracting it from each image in turn. Alternatively, you might just use EXIF ReGenerate ...

Breakthrough medical discovery: 3D printing might be used to regenerate nerves
Having significantly damaged nerve tissue is bad for a lot of reasons because it doesn't regenerate easily and it can lead to various serious ...

Fasting For Three Days Can Regenerate Your Entire Immune System
The breakthrough has been called "remarkable." flickr user Dennis Skley Fasting for as little as three days can regenerate the entire immune ...

Manuel regenerates, hits Mexico as hurricane
Hundreds of tourists stranded in Acapulco as storm system makes landfall again; 58 missing in landslide in southern village

Regenerate Your Closet With These 18 Doctor Who Dresses
I don’t think we’re saying anything controversial here — Doctor Who has always been about fashion. Doctors one to twelve have all had their own ...