Can't regenerate, can't open

In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when
the app is compiled.  When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of
Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed.  It has been migrated to current
version format, but must also be successfully regenerated".  But when I
try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me
regenerate.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
0
Rick
4/23/2001 3:09:43 PM
πŸ“ sybase.powerbuilder.general
πŸ“ƒ 62418 articles.
⭐ 19 followers.

πŸ’¬ 4 Replies
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ 1734 Views

hi,

try to export and reimport the function ( check the code also)

hope it will help you

franοΏ½ois
0
Fran
4/23/2001 3:39:00 PM
This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where we're
told we will be able to edit source code directly in the IDE without
exporting/importing). Export the source, make the changes in the .SRF and import
the changes. (I usually take a couple of iterations of this to get rid of all
the compile errors, but I'm sure you'll do it the first round. <g> Just in case,
it's OK to leave the export file open in the text painter when importing. Just
save, switch to Library painter and import. PowerBuilder doesn't hold a file
lock on files open with text painter.)

Good luck,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:09:43 -0400,
Rick Charnes <[email protected]> wrote:
>In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when
>the app is compiled.  When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of
>Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed.  It has been migrated to current
>version format, but must also be successfully regenerated".  But when I
>try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me
>regenerate.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2 now available at the SandboxCharitable donations without money?
CLICK FOR FREE MONEY!!The Hunger Site: http://www.thehungersite.com
The Rainforest Site: http://www.therainforestsite.com
The Kids AIDS Site: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com
The Child Survival Site: http://www.thechildsurvivalsite.com
The Breast Cancer Site: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
The Landmine Site: http://www.thelandminesite.com
0
Terry
4/23/2001 3:45:12 PM
Export the function. Comment out all the lines except the return. Import
it. Now it will regenerate. Uncomment and happy hunting!
Shawn
---- Rick wrote ----
In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when
the app is compiled.  When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of
Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed.  It has been migrated to current
version format, but must also be successfully regenerated".  But when I
try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me
regenerate.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

0
Shawn
4/23/2001 7:45:34 PM
Yep, that worked -- and on the first round.  Thanks, everybody.

says...
> This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where we're
> told we will be able to edit source code directly in the IDE without
> exporting/importing). Export the source, make the changes in the .SRF and import
> the changes. (I usually take a couple of iterations of this to get rid of all
> the compile errors, but I'm sure you'll do it the first round. <g> Just in case,
> it's OK to leave the export file open in the text painter when importing. Just
> save, switch to Library painter and import. PowerBuilder doesn't hold a file
> lock on files open with text painter.)
>
> Good luck,

0
Rick