Can PB 6.5 be connected to MS SQL 7.0?

Hello,

I have connected to MSSQL7.0 by ODBC or MSSQL6X successfully and created a
Table.

Open database painter, then select this table, then press data manipulation
(grid) button, appears:
"this column's data type (code) requires the use of an embedded SQL
statement."

Open datawindow, new a datawindow by quick select from this table, appears:
"Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'FROM'". No any column was listed for the
selected table.

Is PB 6.5 not compatible with MS SQL 7.0?
Is there any new driver for it?

Any solution?

Thanks very much for advanced

Dong Zu Ming

0
Dong

In article <QaiGn35X#GA.217@forums.powersoft.com>,
gzdongzm@public.guangzhou.gd.cn says...
> Hello,
>
> I have connected to MSSQL7.0 by ODBC or MSSQL6X successfully and created a
> Table.
>
> Open database painter, then select this table, then press data manipulation
> (grid) button, appears:
> "this column's data type (code) requires the use of an embedded SQL
> statement."
>
> Open datawindow, new a datawindow by quick select from this table, appears:
> "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'FROM'". No any column was listed for the
> selected table.
>
> Is PB 6.5 not compatible with MS SQL 7.0?
> Is there any new driver for it?
>
> Any solution?
>
> Thanks very much for advanced
>
> Dong Zu Ming

you might check the dowload site at www.sybase.com I think I read that
there was a native driver for 7.0 out now.
0
andyt
2/24/1999 2:54:03 AM
Hello,

Would you please tell me the detail URL of the native driver for MS-SQL 7.0
or send it to me by email?
Thank you very much.

Dong Zu Ming

>you might check the dowload site at www.sybase.com I think I read that
>there was a native driver for 7.0 out now.

0
Dong
2/24/1999 12:56:49 PM
There is no specific native driver for MS SQLServer 7.0, however, modifications
have been made to the PBMSS60.DLL to work with (but not support new features
of) SQLServer 7.0.  You can get that patch at:

ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/mssnew/mssnew.zip

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

Dong Zu Ming wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please tell me the detail URL of the native driver for MS-SQL 7.0
> or send it to me by email?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Dong Zu Ming
>
> >you might check the dowload site at www.sybase.com I think I read that
> >there was a native driver for 7.0 out now.

0
Jim
2/24/1999 1:22:31 PM
Thank you very much. It works almost well for the table created in database
painter. But if I create dw by selecting other table not created by PB, a
GPF appears. I wonder those tables which are not registered in pbcattbl and
pbcatcol will cause GPF. How to do?

Dong Zu Ming