Can I have 6.5.0 and 6.5.1 installed on the same PC?

I need to have these two versions installed simultaneously (one app is still
on 6.5.0 and will stay there, but another one is going to 6.5.1).

If I just install them in different directories and make sure they use their
own /Shared directories, will that be sufficient or is there something
else I should be aware of?

TIA

Jacek Furmankiewicz
STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com

Jacek

No, I need two instalaltions of PB (i.e. the IDE).

I have one app that will stay on 6.5.0 and another one that will
be migrated to 6.5.1 / EFB 1163.

I was hoping I could compile them both from the same PC, just by
starting up the different version of PB that is required.

If I install one in C:\program files\sybase, while the other one goes into
d:\program files\sybase,

wouldn't they have separate Shared directories?

Jacek

Chris Gross <cgross@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Two installations of PB or two PB apps?
>
> No, if you want two installations of PB.
>
> Yes, if you want to install two apps built with different versions of PB.
> Just place the deployment dlls in the same directory as the application.
>
> Chris
>
> Jacek Furmankiewicz <jfurmankiewicz@stssystems.com> wrote in message
> > I need to have these two versions installed simultaneously (one app is
> still
> > on 6.5.0 and will stay there, but another one is going to 6.5.1).
> >
> > If I just install them in different directories and make sure they use
> their
> > own /Shared directories, will that be sufficient or is there something
> > else I should be aware of?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > Jacek Furmankiewicz
> > STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com

Jacek
4/5/2000 6:55:59 PM
Two installations of PB or two PB apps?

No, if you want two installations of PB.

Yes, if you want to install two apps built with different versions of PB.
Just place the deployment dlls in the same directory as the application.

Chris

Jacek Furmankiewicz <jfurmankiewicz@stssystems.com> wrote in message
> I need to have these two versions installed simultaneously (one app is
still
> on 6.5.0 and will stay there, but another one is going to 6.5.1).
>
> If I just install them in different directories and make sure they use
their
> own /Shared directories, will that be sufficient or is there something
> else I should be aware of?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Jacek Furmankiewicz
> STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com

Chris
4/5/2000 7:27:50 PM
Yes, and both of them will be in your path. Whichever one is first will be the
one used. Only way I know would be to *move* the PB6.5 runtime files into your
PB6.5 EXE directory, that way 6.5 would run whatever it found locally while
6.5.1 would resolve using the path.

HTH,
Bill

Jacek Furmankiewicz wrote:

> No, I need two instalaltions of PB (i.e. the IDE).
>
> I have one app that will stay on 6.5.0 and another one that will
> be migrated to 6.5.1 / EFB 1163.
>
> I was hoping I could compile them both from the same PC, just by
> starting up the different version of PB that is required.
>
> If I install one in C:\program files\sybase, while the other one goes into
> d:\program files\sybase,
>
> wouldn't they have separate Shared directories?
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Furmankiewicz
> STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com
> Chris Gross <cgross@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Two installations of PB or two PB apps?
> >
> > No, if you want two installations of PB.
> >
> > Yes, if you want to install two apps built with different versions of PB.
> > Just place the deployment dlls in the same directory as the application.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > Jacek Furmankiewicz <jfurmankiewicz@stssystems.com> wrote in message
> > > I need to have these two versions installed simultaneously (one app is
> > still
> > > on 6.5.0 and will stay there, but another one is going to 6.5.1).
> > >
> > > If I just install them in different directories and make sure they use
> > their
> > > own /Shared directories, will that be sufficient or is there something
> > > else I should be aware of?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jacek Furmankiewicz
> > > STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com

Bill Green[TeamSybase]

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn
Find things like:
-- Print to PDF component
-- Lotus Notes E-Mail component
-- Taking existing PB apps to the web white paper

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com

Bill
4/6/2000 3:49:31 PM
I believe that no matter how many versions of PB 6x you have installed, the
same PB.INI file gets used. I tried to have two loaded but BOTH instances
insisted on using the one PB.INI even though each installation had its own
PB.INI. I could find no Registry entry so I assume that the first one on the
path gets used.

"Jacek Furmankiewicz" <jfurmankiewicz@stssystems.com> wrote in message
> I need to have these two versions installed simultaneously (one app is
still
> on 6.5.0 and will stay there, but another one is going to 6.5.1).
>
> If I just install them in different directories and make sure they use
their
> own /Shared directories, will that be sufficient or is there something
> else I should be aware of?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Jacek Furmankiewicz
> STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com

Larry

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

kdesvn 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 for KDE 3.5 subversion 1.6.3?
Installed: Code: -------------------- Subversion 1.6.3-1.1 KDE 3.5.10 -------------------- I upgraded subversion to 1.6.3, and wanted to make sure I had the latest kdesvn for KDE 3.5 and subversion 1.6.3. I went to kdesvn support site but it wasn't clear if 1.0.5 was sufficient for subversion 1.6, so I downloaded kdesvn 1.0.6 and built it myself (previously 1.0.5 had come from opensuse). Everything looked okay, but... When I click on the Help | Info about kdesvn part I see: Code: -------------------- Built with subversion library 1.4.4 Running ...

selecting ? selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9. go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6
hello friends selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4.(sometime even 5., 6.) is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9.(sometimes 5., 6.,) go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow ?? recordcount is almost 1.050.000.. i do selecting 1.2.3. go on same page with treeview1.. treeview1 in masterpage.master.. gridview1 and datasource1 are in pagelist.aspx (it connets datasource1)..productnumber is primarykey for index.. kategori, kategori1 and kategori2, price, datemin are index from keys/index in table1 (right clicking menu)....

segv: 5.005_03, 5.6.0, 5.6.1, bleadperl
This one is proving very difficult to isolate, since it seems to depend on minor details of memory shuffling. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to remove the database accesses in the process of trying to cut the script down, which will make it particularly difficult to reduce it to a postable test case. I believe the primary cause is regexp context trashing in a nested substitution; I'm filling in templates using, in this case, a substitution like: $self->{text} =~ s{ \s* % repeat \s+ ((?-x:$tag)) % (.*?) \s* % /repeat \s+ \1 % }{ ...

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

Can I: Client 6.5.6 w/ Server 6.5.5
Real basic, can I run the SP 6 client software against the SP 5 server agents? Ryan Yep Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6
I ran the patch upgrade for gw 6.5 to get us to sp6. Ran the update and rebooted. all seem to upgrade except the gwia component. It was soft abending the server. I tried re installing the gwia from the new SDD directory and it still did not work. Is there any problems with going from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6 directly? gw 6.5.1 (poa, mta, gwia, webaccess on same server). One post office. novell 6 sp 5. Normally not, but try deleting sccfilt.bin, if it exists. <rmburt@nationalindemnity.com> wrote in message news:_Z7Qh.2389$mb6.563@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I r...

GW 6.5.1 to 6.5.5
We were going to patch our GW 6.5.1 system to 6.5.5 this weekend. Anything to look out for? Anything special to make sure it goes smoothly? Can I do a /copyonly or do I need to do each install for my MTA, PO, Webaccess and GWIA? I currently use Guinevere 2 for our incoming/outgoing internet mail. We will probably be going to GW 7 after the first of the year and thought that being up to 6.5.5 might make the upgrade to GW 7 smoother. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. You can do a /copyonly with agents and gwia only. Web Access need to be installed from scratch, jus...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

GW 5.5 on NW 5.1 -> GW 6.5 on NW 6.5
Hi All, Setup: I have a single tree (TRINET) with 3 Netware 6.5 SP4 servers (INTL, ENV, AUSTIN) running file/print services. In this same tree I have 2 Netware 5.1 SP8 servers (MASTER, EMAIL). MASTER does nothing but have the PO and DO sitting in it's OU on the tree. It is NOT providing any services such as file/print. The server named EMAIL is running GroupWise 5.5 EP SP5. We have a Linux based web server (apache) at a remote site (co-lo) running the WebAccess that connects to EMAIL. I have a NEW server ready to take on an installation of Netware 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5. ...

Web resources about - Can I have 6.5.0 and 6.5.1 installed on the same PC? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops