Calling 16 bit DLL from 32 bit PB app

Is it possible to call a 16 bit C DLL from a 32 bit PB application?  If so,
what is the correct calling convention in C.

I am using PB 6.5.1

Thanks,
Brian Wetzel
wetzelb@mindless.com

0
Brian

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:24:23 -0500, "Brian Wetzel"
<wetzelb@mindless.com> wrote:

I seem to recall there used to be a white paper on the Sybase Web site
describing how to access 16 bit ODBC from 32 bit PB. That makes me
thing that it is possible, but I don't remember the specifics. You
might want to check out the Sybase site and see if you can find
anything. I'll check around with some people I work with and see if
they know anything.

FWIW
Jon Credit[TeamSybase]
DONT_SPAM_ME_JCredit@Sprynet.com
http://jcredit.home.sprynet.com

>Is it possible to call a 16 bit C DLL from a 32 bit PB application?  If so,
>what is the correct calling convention in C.
>
>I am using PB 6.5.1
>
>Thanks,
>Brian Wetzel
>wetzelb@mindless.com

0
NOSPAM_JCredit

Calling 16 bit dll from 32 bit Powerbuilder
I want to know if it is possible to call a function out of a 16 bit dll from within a Power Builder App that was compiled in 32 bit. If so, How ? Hi, No. This is not possible direclty. The most simple way is to get a 32bit version of that DLL, but you probably don't have that right? So, your in deep shit. You could create a thunking layer, which is a 32bit layer, converting 32bit calls to 16bit but this is not an easy task to do. Other option is creating a 16bit VB oleserver which calls your DLL. This ole server can be used within your 32bit PB environment. But first, try to g...

Calling 16-bit functions (DLL) from 32-bit App?
I've migrated a 16-bit app to a 32-bit app recently. The one problem is that we purchased a communications DLL from a third party who has since gone out of business, so there's no chance at getting a 32-bit version. The DLL is 16-bit, and PowerBuilder (32-bit) has a problem opening the library. Is there anyway to call functions in a 16-bit DLL from a 32-bit application? Chris, Unfortunately not. Unless the DLL is 'thunkable', then it can't be accessed from PB. Who is/was the 3rd party vendor? hth, -- Anthony M. Perugini Principal Consultant CPDP,...

16 bit and 32 bit api calls from PB app.
Hi, i have an application that i want to run on both windows 3.1 and windows 95 pc's. however, i am making some api calls in this application. i would like to make 16 bit api calls if the pc is running 3.1 and 32 bit calls if it is 95. is there any way i can find out what operating system the pc has, as soon as my app is started up? any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, Rohit Look at the environment object. This is what you need. Regards, Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] Elevated Technologies, Inc. - New York www.elevatedtech.com Rohit Sankholkar wrote in message ...

16-bit PB calling a 16-bit DLL?
I am trying to build a "bridge" between a PB program (originally a 32-bit .exe) and a 32-bit DLL (I can't change this to 16-bit); both work flawlessly when run as 32-bit under Windows 95. Now... when I try to convert the PB app to 16-bit, and call my bridge pgm (a 16-bit .dll compiled with the Watcom C/C++ compiler v 10.?), I get a message "error calling external function..." when I try to access the function (the .dll loads fine). I have checked the spelling; I think the prototypes are correct, I have looked for samples (to no avail), etc. Does anyone kno...

PB 16 bit and PB 32 bit and API calls
Hello, I am trying to do a API call for a fingerprint reader. I have done all of the global declarations and I am sure all variables are mapped correctly. I don't get any errors from the function I am calling into, however I do get a PB error on the Global function I declared. The error is telling me that there is an invalid stack pointer. This function returns the number of the device which was created which is essentially a pointer. My question is this. Since I am running PB 7 which is 32 bit is it possible that if these ..DLL's I am calling into is 16 bit will I get ...

How to call a 16-bit app from a 32-bit powerb app? (WinNT,Win2k,WinXP)
Hi, In our powerbuilderapplication we call a little third-party16-bit dos application. The strange thing is that the third-party application runs if we start it manually, but it won't run if we start it from our pbapp!! Then we get the following fault... ntvdm-288 ..... 16-bits ms_dos subsystem ntvdm-288.248.2f0001 %systemroot%\system32\config.nt. The systemfile is not suited for ms-dos or ms-windows applications. Choose close or ..... The file is called from our powerbuilderapp with createprocess(.........) Thanks, ICE Try RUN( ) instead. /ck "ICE"...

32-bit & 16-bit PB apps
Is anyone successfully running a PB 5.0.0x 32-bit PB app and a 16-bit PB app simultaneously on the same machine? Note: There were fixes in 5.0.03 (changes in internal class names) that allowed this to happen. After this change, the class names between 16 and 32-bit were different, so could be loaded at the same time. Anything previous to 5.0.03, this is a known shortfall. However, be aware that the change in class names may break some testing tools' scripts built in previous versions (not the good testing tools, but some... ). The good testing tools know how to adjust for PB c...

Creating 16-bit apps in 32-bit PB
Can ANYONE create a 16-bit app in 32-bit PB? Sure. 16 bit machine code EXE/DLLs are created using the 32 bit version of PB 5.0. 16 bit p-code EXE/PBDs however, must be created using the 16 bit version of PowerBuilder. HTH, Don Roof [TeamPS] Kevin Gregg <kgregg@solaris1.mysolution.com> wrote in article <01bcc53b$40fa0240$0f02000a@klgregg>... > Can ANYONE create a 16-bit app in 32-bit PB? > ...

16 bits CCmail and 32 bits Powerbuilder app
Does any one know how to create and send email to 16bits ccmail 2.2 from 32 bits powerbuilder application ? Thanks in advance Check out my site : http://members.xoom.com/sanskrut It may help you!! All the best in advance!! Nirav. Zakia Pirzada wrote: > Does any one know how to create and send email to 16bits ccmail 2.2 from > 32 bits powerbuilder application ? > > Thanks in advance ...

Running Concurrent 32-bit and 16-bit PB apps
We developed an exe application in PB5 32-bit. Since we needed to use third-party 16-bit dlls for one module, we developed a stand-alone 16-bit exe that is run by the 32-bit and use DDE to communicate between the two. In addition, we want to terminate the 16-bit exe when the 32-bit exe is closed. Although the relationship between the 16-bit and 32-bit has always been touchy, we have been able to run them concurrently. Unfortunately, we have been unable to bring both applications down gracefully. Usually we get a WIN95 version of the GPF ("This application will be closed&...

Run 32 bit app from 16 bit app
We want to run Excel 97 (32-bit) from a PB app (16-bit PB5.0.2). We cannot get Excel 97 to run from a 16-bit PB app with the "Run(Excel.exe)" function. How can we get it to work? Is it any work-around, outside software or middle ware to enable us to do this? TIA, Soo You can try using an excel OLE control and calling the ole_control.Activate(OFFSITE!) command to activate excel. Be careful though I have had difficulty using a 16-bit pb app making ole calls on a 23-bit OS like Win95 - it seems to cause big gpf's. Soo Lam wrote: > We want to run Excel 97 (...

Run 32-bit app from 16-bit app
We want to run Excel 97 (32-bit) from a PB app (16-bit PB5.0.2). We cannot get Excel 97 to run from a 16-bit PB app with the "Run(Excel.exe)" function. How can we get it to work? Is it any work-around, outside software or middle ware to enable us to do this? TIA, Soo ...

Creating a "thunk" between a 16-bit DLL and 32-bit PB6 app
Here's my problem: I have a 16-bit DLL which is currently being used by an old PB 4.0 application that will eventually be upgraded to PB 6.0. (This DLL is a simplified interface DLL over the 16-bit winsock.dll for TCP/IP communication with a DEC/VAX server program.) Of course, this system was developed before my time and the source code for the DLL is nowhere to be found. I do have the function prototypes from the global external function declarations in the PB 4 app. I am developing a separate PB 6.0 application that will require the same communication conduit to the same s...

Can 16 bit PB 5.0.02 call 32 bit Outlook 97??
A 16 bit PB 5.0.02 application can't use the maillogon function to initiate a mail session with the 32 bit Microsoft Outlook mail client. The application performs the maillogon call (sending the appropriate profile name) and then returns an error message to the user indicating that the mail session could not be started. This has been tested on both Windows 95 (SR1) and Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack 3). A 32 bit version of the same app. works fine. The 16 bit app. does work with the 16 bit Outlook client, although the user still has to select a profile even though th...

Web resources about - Calling 16 bit DLL from 32 bit PB app - sybase.powerbuilder.general

London Calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
London Calling is the third studio album by the English punk rock band The Clash . It was released in the United Kingdom on 14 December 1979 ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Free VoIP Calling Added To Facebook Messenger For IOS In The U.K.
Voice-over-Internet-protocol calling has made its way across the pond for Facebook Messenger users, as the social network updated its iOS version ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook roundup: video ads, voice calling, logos and more
... than three per day at launch. It is unclear whether the ads will autoplay in the feed or not. More Messenger for Android users get free calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Calling woman II - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Marcel Oosterwijk's photos on Flickr. Marcel Oosterwijk has uploaded 2195 photos to Flickr.

Skype bringing free group video calling to iPhone and iPad
Skype today announced that it’s bringing free group video calling— a feature it’s long had available on the desktop—to mobile devices including ...