Bit-wise arithmetic operations with PB

Hi,
Does PB support bit-wise (or byte-wise) operations like XOR, AND, OR
etc?

--
Adnan �enyurt
/* Pilot Bilgisayar Yaz�l�m Hizmetleri Ltd. �ti.

Adnan

Not directly, but they can be scripted. In fact, they've been scripted
in the PFC Numeric service, so you might want to start there.

Good luck,

Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten

On Thu, 14 May 1998 10:31:17 +0300, "Adnan �enyurt"
<copilot@superonline.com> wrote:

>Does PB support bit-wise (or byte-wise) operations like XOR, AND, OR
>etc?

0
tvoth
5/14/1998 8:01:08 AM
Although there is support for bitwise comparisons in the PFC numerical
service, if you are doing any amount of comparisons this solution is very
slow.  My recommendation is to write a very simple dll in C/C++, it is allot
faster.

--

------------------------------
Steve Schaber

Terry Voth wrote in message <3565a46e.54825151@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Not directly, but they can be scripted. In fact, they've been scripted
>in the PFC Numeric service, so you might want to start there.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
>On Thu, 14 May 1998 10:31:17 +0300, "Adnan �enyurt"
><copilot@superonline.com> wrote:
>
>>Does PB support bit-wise (or byte-wise) operations like XOR, AND, OR
>>etc?

0
Steve

bit wise operation
s it possible to do a bit wise operation in SQLA? ...

PB 16 bit and PB 32 bit and API calls
Hello, I am trying to do a API call for a fingerprint reader. I have done all of the global declarations and I am sure all variables are mapped correctly. I don't get any errors from the function I am calling into, however I do get a PB error on the Global function I declared. The error is telling me that there is an invalid stack pointer. This function returns the number of the device which was created which is essentially a pointer. My question is this. Since I am running PB 7 which is 32 bit is it possible that if these ..DLL's I am calling into is 16 bit will I get ...

Working bit to bit on PB
Hi, I'm trying to work a binary file on PB, but i must work it bit to bit (not Byte to Byte). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in PB? (I'm currently using PB 7) Thanks a lot, Daniel Write your bit functions in a C .dll and call it as an external function call. That is easy and fast. <Daniel> wrote in message news:39F6718936B8E749007E925285256CB6.007E926085256CB6@webforums... > Hi, > I'm trying to work a binary file on PB, but i must work it bit to bit (not > Byte to Byte). > Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in PB? ...

PB missing bit-wise or(||) and and(&&)?
I have set up several "constant long ic_bitpos_1 = 1, _2 = 2, _3 = 4", etc... and need to use them in a comparison against another long int with a cumulative value: Here's the old VB code: Select Case at_Right_Type Case urt_Codes Security_Right = ((ao_Group_Rights.Rights_Codes And at_Right_Mask) <> 0) and the new PB code: choose case ii_bit_position case 1 lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_1 <> 0) case 2 lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_2 <> 0) case else lb_result = false // be safe...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

32 bit PowerBuilder and 16 bit executables
Hi, Well, I am glad to know that I'm not the only one having 32bit vs 16bit problems. We have a rather small app (6 pbls / an average of 4 objects per pbl). We are compiling this app as a 16 executable using PB5 32bit. The compile is good (I guess) but when I start the app I get an external reference error when the app tries to use a non visual residing in one of the DLLs. Now I have done all of the things that any good PB developer would do (specify all PBLs as PBDs, make sure all the DLLs are in the same directory as the EXE, make sure the EXE has a different name as the DL...

PowerBuilder application icon always 4-bit (even though it includes 8-bit and 24-bit images as well)
I have created an icon for our application based upon the instruction found on Microsoft's MSDN website (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html /winxpicons.asp). Per the instructions, the icon file includes a total of 9 images--three of each size arranged in increasing color depth (4-bit, than 8-bit, then 24-bit). I then specify the new icon in the Application Properties in PowerBuilder. Both in the development environment and on all the windows, it only uses the 4-bit icon. If, however, I build the application, the created EXE, when viewed...

Operating in 32-bit vs. 64-bit
I'm sure many of you are running installations that will help me with some questions, so here goes: I'm currently still running 32-bit versions of Windows (mainly XP Pro) on my machines (most of which are at least 5 years old). I'm considering upgrading to a more modern machine (probably i7 920), and switching to a 64-bit OS (would start with Vista 64-bit, then move to Win7 64-bit when it's released -- though am considering moving straight to the Win7 RC version). If running a 64-bit OS, does anyone have problems running RAD Studio in that environment? Do ...

Creating 16-bit apps in 32-bit PB
Can ANYONE create a 16-bit app in 32-bit PB? Sure. 16 bit machine code EXE/DLLs are created using the 32 bit version of PB 5.0. 16 bit p-code EXE/PBDs however, must be created using the 16 bit version of PowerBuilder. HTH, Don Roof [TeamPS] Kevin Gregg <kgregg@solaris1.mysolution.com> wrote in article <01bcc53b$40fa0240$0f02000a@klgregg>... > Can ANYONE create a 16-bit app in 32-bit PB? > ...

PB 32 Bit Executable to 16 bit Windows
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------89B6BC1D6ACB74E0966F8854 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am trying to create a 16 bit executable with the speed option enabled on NT4 and PB5.0.0.1. I believe there is a dll problem that is not letting the 16 bit OS run the executable. Would anyone have any suggestions for this. If you need any other information, I can also supply that. I have tried this many ways and get different errors for them. ...

32-bit & 16-bit PB apps
Is anyone successfully running a PB 5.0.0x 32-bit PB app and a 16-bit PB app simultaneously on the same machine? Note: There were fixes in 5.0.03 (changes in internal class names) that allowed this to happen. After this change, the class names between 16 and 32-bit were different, so could be loaded at the same time. Anything previous to 5.0.03, this is a known shortfall. However, be aware that the change in class names may break some testing tools' scripts built in previous versions (not the good testing tools, but some... ). The good testing tools know how to adjust for PB c...

16-bit PB calling a 16-bit DLL?
I am trying to build a "bridge" between a PB program (originally a 32-bit .exe) and a 32-bit DLL (I can't change this to 16-bit); both work flawlessly when run as 32-bit under Windows 95. Now... when I try to convert the PB app to 16-bit, and call my bridge pgm (a 16-bit .dll compiled with the Watcom C/C++ compiler v 10.?), I get a message "error calling external function..." when I try to access the function (the .dll loads fine). I have checked the spelling; I think the prototypes are correct, I have looked for samples (to no avail), etc. Does anyone kno...

16-bit and 32-bit of PB 5.03
Can I install both 16 and 32 bit versions of PB 5.03 on the same machine? What would be the implication of doing so? Thank you. ********************************************************************** Naneera Vidhayasirinun U of I Foundation 303 Harker Hall 1305 West Green Urbana, IL 61801 (217) 244-7737 Voice (217) 244-0134 Fax naneera@uiuc.edu ********************************************************************** Yes you can, but you can't run them on the same time ( anyway not always ). Be sure that you don't have either version ...

16 bits CCmail and 32 bits Powerbuilder app
Does any one know how to create and send email to 16bits ccmail 2.2 from 32 bits powerbuilder application ? Thanks in advance Check out my site : http://members.xoom.com/sanskrut It may help you!! All the best in advance!! Nirav. Zakia Pirzada wrote: > Does any one know how to create and send email to 16bits ccmail 2.2 from > 32 bits powerbuilder application ? > > Thanks in advance ...

Web resources about - Bit-wise arithmetic operations with PB - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Arithmetic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of numbers , especially the properties of the traditional operations between them— addition , subtraction , multiplication and division . Arithmetic ...

Arithmetic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... numbers , especially the properties of the traditional operations between them — addition , subtraction , multiplication and division . Arithmetic ...

Mental Arithmetic - train your brain! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Mental Arithmetic - train your brain! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Arithmetic Puzzle - Haskell live coding - YouTube
Live coding of Ruby Quiz 7 - Arithmetic Puzzle "Countdown" Unscripted, unedited, (uncut) - Haskell Uncut Read more at my blog post: http://c ...

Australia's deadliest sniper, Ian Robertson, 'never did the arithmetic'
The deadliest man in Australia comes from Melbourne, but he is not a gangster or a hitman. He is more a foxtrotting man, these days. He can do ...

Genetic anomaly could explain severe difficulty with arithmetic - The Science Show - ABC Radio National ...
... is that numbers are wired into the human brain and perhaps a genetic anomaly explains why some children have severe difficulties with arithmetic. ...

Help your kids master arithmetic with Monster Math 2
... upgrade to Monster Math 2 Pro and get access to new worlds, more advanced reporting, and all of the math skills. Help your kids master arithmetic ...

Price Drop: MencalHD:Mental Arithmetic Training,Improve Your Skills In Math
MencalHD:Mental Arithmetic Training,Improve Your Skills In Math 1.0 Device: iOS iPad Only Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 1.0 ( iTunes ...

Analysis: Republicans' budget plans require creative arithmetic to add up
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Analysis: Republicans' budget plans require creative arithmetic to add up Bellingham Herald WASHINGTON — Republicans ...

"Here's America today... frivolous entertainment, texting and Twitter replacing serious news reporting ...
If only we weren't so frivolous , if we could get serious , maybe we could figure it all out.