Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control

When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to
datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i
have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the
source code generated is something like this

dw_window is my window
dw_1 is datawindow object on the window

forward
global type dw_window from window
end type
type st_1 from statictext within dw_window
end type
type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
end type
end forward

What this line of code specify?
type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window

Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically creates
a datawindow control?

And the other thing is by dragging and dropping the objects
on to the window by default it is taking the names which we
can see in the control list tab of forms properties can we
change the names? If so how?

Please give me the information at the earliest.
0
Santhoshi
10/16/2003 5:40:40 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 16 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 986 Views

Hi Santoshi, you should take a class at Sybase education.

You may start here :
http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0800e/pbgs

Since pb7, you can see objects properties in the right part of the IDE.
Open the window and click on the datawindow control.
With pb6 : right click -> properties

You can modify the name of the dw control using the "name" property.
Actually it is dw_1.

"dataObject" property is the name of the datawindow object. You can change it
using the button right to it.

On 15 Oct 2003 22:40:40 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
 <Santhoshi> wrote:
>When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to
>datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i
>have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the
>source code generated is something like this
>
>dw_window is my window
>dw_1 is datawindow object on the window
>
>forward
>global type dw_window from window
>end type
>type st_1 from statictext within dw_window
>end type
>type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
>end type
>end forward
>
>What this line of code specify?
>type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
>
>Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically creates
>a datawindow control?
>
>And the other thing is by dragging and dropping the objects
>on to the window by default it is taking the names which we
>can see in the control list tab of forms properties can we
>change the names? If so how?
>
>Please give me the information at the earliest.

Olivier Citeau from Paris, France
0
Olivier
10/16/2003 6:50:36 AM
You are from the VB world I presume.  Things are easier in
PB you will need to adjust to it.

> When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to
> datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i
> have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then
> the source code generated is something like this
>
> dw_window is my window
> dw_1 is datawindow object on the window
>
> forward
> global type dw_window from window
> end type
> type st_1 from statictext within dw_window
> end type
> type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
> end type
> end forward
>
> What this line of code specify?
> type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
>
> Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically
> creates a datawindow control?
>
> And the other thing is by dragging and dropping the
> objects on to the window by default it is taking the names
> which we can see in the control list tab of forms
> properties can we change the names? If so how?
>
> Please give me the information at the earliest.
0
dw
10/17/2003 4:07:03 AM
Sorry Olivier and Thank you.
I didnt explore it properly i got it now.