Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control

When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to
datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i
have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the
source code generated is something like this

dw_window is my window
dw_1 is datawindow object on the window

forward
global type dw_window from window
end type
type st_1 from statictext within dw_window
end type
type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
end type
end forward

What this line of code specify?
type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window

Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically creates
a datawindow control?

And the other thing is by dragging and dropping the objects
on to the window by default it is taking the names which we
can see in the control list tab of forms properties can we
change the names? If so how?

Please give me the information at the earliest.
0
Santhoshi

Hi Santoshi, you should take a class at Sybase education.

You may start here :
http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0800e/pbgs

Since pb7, you can see objects properties in the right part of the IDE.
Open the window and click on the datawindow control.
With pb6 : right click -> properties

You can modify the name of the dw control using the "name" property.
Actually it is dw_1.

"dataObject" property is the name of the datawindow object. You can change it
using the button right to it.

On 15 Oct 2003 22:40:40 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
 <Santhoshi> wrote:
>When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to
>datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i
>have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the
>source code generated is something like this
>
>dw_window is my window
>dw_1 is datawindow object on the window
>
>forward
>global type dw_window from window
>end type
>type st_1 from statictext within dw_window
>end type
>type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
>end type
>end forward
>
>What this line of code specify?
>type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
>
>Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically creates
>a datawindow control?
>
>And the other thing is by dragging and dropping the objects
>on to the window by default it is taking the names which we
>can see in the control list tab of forms properties can we
>change the names? If so how?
>
>Please give me the information at the earliest.

Olivier Citeau from Paris, France
0
Olivier
10/16/2003 6:50:36 AM
You are from the VB world I presume.  Things are easier in
PB you will need to adjust to it.

> When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to
> datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i
> have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then
> the source code generated is something like this
>
> dw_window is my window
> dw_1 is datawindow object on the window
>
> forward
> global type dw_window from window
> end type
> type st_1 from statictext within dw_window
> end type
> type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
> end type
> end forward
>
> What this line of code specify?
> type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
>
> Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically
> creates a datawindow control?
>
> And the other thing is by dragging and dropping the
> objects on to the window by default it is taking the names
> which we can see in the control list tab of forms
> properties can we change the names? If so how?
>
> Please give me the information at the earliest.
0
dw
10/17/2003 4:07:03 AM
Sorry Olivier and Thank you.
I didnt explore it properly i got it now.

> Hi Santoshi, you should take a class at Sybase education.
>
> You may start here :

http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0800e/pbgs

> Since pb7, you can see objects properties in the right
> part of the IDE. Open the window and click on the
> datawindow control. With pb6 : right click -> properties
>
> You can modify the name of the dw control using the "name"
> property. Actually it is dw_1.
>
> "dataObject" property is the name of the datawindow
> object. You can change it using the button right to it.
>

> On 15 Oct 2003 22:40:40 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
>  <Santhoshi> wrote:
> >When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to
> >datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i
> >have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then
> the >source code generated is something like this
> >
> >dw_window is my window
> >dw_1 is datawindow object on the window
> >
> >forward
> >global type dw_window from window
> >end type
> >type st_1 from statictext within dw_window
> >end type
> >type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
> >end type
> >end forward
> >
> >What this line of code specify?
> >type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window
> >
> >Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically
> creates >a datawindow control?
> >
> >And the other thing is by dragging and dropping the
> objects >on to the window by default it is taking the
> names which we >can see in the control list tab of forms
> properties can we >change the names? If so how?
> >
> >Please give me the information at the earliest.
>
> Olivier Citeau from Paris, France
0
Santhoshi

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

Error in putting datawindow object in datawindow control
When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. Could anybody help me??? Same thing happend to me in previous version of 902 7509 <Rachel> wrote in message news:418669eb.61f4.1681692777@sybase.com... > When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's > Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I > restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. > Could anybody help me??? ...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

HALDUU/CANU Replace the DataWindow Object dynamically in a DataWindow control
I have an existing datawindow control for which I need to present different looks depending on the department using the control. There is quite a bit of logic around it so what I wanted to do do was resave with a different name of my original datawindow object and then use either object in the control. Thus when 1 type of user comes in 1 dw object is displayed and used and when another user type comes in another dw object is used. I believe I could probably use .ShareData, but was hoping I could simply replace the datawindow object for a single control (have done something similar f...

Help! How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want (dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter), THE SYSTEM WORKS. I made the executable without probl...

IS A BUG?. How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
Pablo Rovedo wrote: >I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in >runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want >(dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = >"dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). >When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter),THE SYSTEM WORKS. ...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

OLE object control inside a datawindow control
Hello, I need to add a OLE object control inside of a datawindow control, I need to know how can call the methods (and access to its properties) of the oleobject. I have try with this code but it results in error running the application: dw1.object.ole_object.aboutmethod() dw1.object.ole_object.propertyX = 1 I have get success if I do the same but adding the OLE object directly to the window, so that this code works OK: this.object.ole_object.aboutmethod() this.object.ole_object.propertyX = 1 But I need to work with a datawindow to do other questions, How have I to invoke ...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Help!!! Assign Datawindow into Datawindow object
Usually I used to assign a datawindow (dw_train) in a datawindow object (dw_1) in a window is go to propertise of datawindow object and browse for datawindow. My Question:- How to this action into pb script? If you want to assign datawindow 'd_my_dw' to a dw control dw_1 in your script, you would say dw_1.DataObject = 'd_my_dw' If you are going to make an executable, do not forget to include d_my_dw in your resource file. On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 07:34:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript CKS21 <cks21@tm.net.my> wrote: >Usually I used to...

Add datawindow control for master datawindow
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ?
Hi, I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically. So I did: dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1' The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE. Someone could help me ? Thanks, Alvason Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil I suspect that the dataobject ('dw_object1', the actual datawindow that you painted in the datawindow painter) is not being compiled into the .exe file, since its only reference is the string 'dw_object1'. If this is the case, you need to compile the executable with a .PBR file that include...

Object under datawindow control
Hi Is there any way to get a reference to the object that a particular datawindow control is on top of. For example, I have a datawindow that could be sitting on top of a rectangle object on a window, or the datawindow could just be sitting on the window, or the datawindow could be sitting on top of another datawindow on a window. What I'm trying to do here, is set the color of the datawindow at runtime, to be the same color as the object it is sitting on. I'm letting the user change colors and I want certain datawindows to blend into the same background color as whatever...

Web resources about - Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo