Are you using PB 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with PB 5.0.04??

PB 5.0.04 applications connected to SQL Anywhere 5.5 will GPF on
disconnect when ODBC 3.5 or greater is installed.  I believe this may
only happen for win95 as opposed NT/98.

Replacing PBODB050.DLL with the PB 5.0.03 version has been a common
'folk remedy'.  We have just discovered a problematic side-effect:

If instead of connecting to SA 5.5, you connect to SA 7, and your PB
application uses datawindows which retrieve through calls to Stored
Procedures, then such a retrieve produces a database error:

	Select error: SQLSTATE = S1009
	[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Invalid use of null pointer

We replaced the 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with the 5.0.04 version
and saw this error disappear.

0
NOSPAM__dharrel

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

Which version? pb 5.0.0 vs 5.0.04 or greater version
PB 5.0.0 to 5.0.04 Curious if anyone remembers specific issues resolved for upgrade from 5.0.0 to 5.0.04. We have a large number of applications. If some are still 5.0.0 and others are 5.0.04 will that create problem during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 6.x The other alternative seems to upgrade to newer major version of 6.x? What version of 6 is most stable? Where can I buy PB 6? How about intermixing 5.0.0 applications with 6.x applications during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 7.x I see a number of complaints about the speed of PB 7. Intermixing 5.0.0 with 7.x? Brian <brian@ufr...

ODBC GPF circumvention
Hello, Thought I'd check back to see whether a solution previously to a problem is still viable. PB 5.0.04 Apps GPF on db 'disconnect' when new Microsoft software such as Office 2000 is loaded. Apparently new ODBC support files are not compatible with this version of PB. I've learned two solutions on this news group: 1) Replace the upgraded 'odbc files' with older ones 2) Distribute 5.0.03 version of pb0db050.dll I like the second solution best - less impact on the client environment. Question: Has anyone since learned any reason why 5.0.03...

Migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04
--------------C1E58613E9D89D454B249812 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Background For the seek of Y2K compliance, we are about to migrate our application from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04. We have used PFC 5.0.03 to build the application with some customization in the pfe*.pbl libraries. Questions Q1. Are there any Y2K related bugs being fixed from PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? Q2. If we have decided to migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04, is it we must also migrate the PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? In order to avoid any functional impact, except for...

GPF in of_getitemany using PB 5.0.03/PFC 5.0.03 with 32 bit exe's
Hello all, I have just spent the day tracing a GPF right down into PFC, and I have found a problem which I cannot resolve. Basically, on insert of a row into a child DW, of_getitemany is called as part of the required column service (which is called from the itemerror service). of_getitemany (al_row, as_column) is called on the newly inserted row for a decimal column This function then calls of_GetItemany ( al_row, as_column, Primary!, FALSE ) getitemdecimal is then called on the datawindow and returns null I have placed a beep statement before the return statement at th...

PB 5.0.04 with ODBCjt32.dll version 4.0
We have an old PB 5.0.04 application that began to error out as soon as the new mdac 3.5 was loaded onto the PC. It errors when trying to access a local mdb database. The problem turned out to be ODBCjt32.dll version 4.0 because the app runs properly when we replace that dll with version 3.5. The error is Error #: 3 Messafe: Array boundry exceeded Object: u_mas_misc_an2 Window / Menu: u_mas_misc_an2 Event: of_demo_proconnect Line: 47 or it gives an SPID error. Does anyone know how to get PB 5 apps to work with the new...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 5.0.02 to 5.0.04
Hi, We updated PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to 5.0.04 on a WIN95 machine with the update downloaded from the Sybase Support site but the Help / About window still says version 5.0.02! I tried writing a small app that gets the PBMajorRevision, PBMinorRevision and PBFixesRevision from the Enviroment object and still get 5, 0, and 2, respectively. The executables and DLL's have date/time stamps of 3/98 and later indicating that the update occurred. The same update applied to an NT machine shows the correct version 5.0.04 in the Help / About window, so this may be a WIN95-specific probl...

Migrating from PB v5 to v5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03.
Hello, 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support? I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering requests via Query Builder yields nothing. Thank you very much. Deborah (Information Products Group) Deborah Blakeney wrote: > > Hello, > > 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate > from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can > anyone offer advice? Do the...

Oracle 8.0.5 and PB 5.0.04
We are having a number of problems trying to go to Oracle 8.0. One problem is on a simple update we get ORA-25123 Too many components specified in the name. . Does Sybase support this version of Oracle and 5.0.04? Any suggestions Mark Which database driver are you using. I'm not having any problems with the 7.2 and 7.3 drivers. On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:21:58 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Mark Drummond <mdrummond@energyimperium.com> wrote: >We are having a number of problems trying to go to Oracle 8.0. > >One problem is on a sim...

PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 on the same PC
Finally, I have been approved to upgrade our application from PB 5.0.04 to PB 7. 0. I have run test migrations to determine any initial problems that need to be addressed and other than a few problems everything appears to work correctly. Anyway, the company I work for will require the need to support users still using the PB 5.0.04 version of the application. My concern is maintaining both PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 at the same time. Until all our users are caught up on releases this poses to be a maintenance nightmare. Are there any issues or concerns that I need to be aware when insta...

PB 5.0.04 upgrade to PB 8.0
Has anyone done an upgrade from PB 5 to 8? I'm about to attempt this and I was wondering if there is any information out there to help me with this. The applications that need to be migrated are using the PFC 5.0 and cornerstone 5.0. I don't think the Cornerstone 5.0 can be migrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Wallach mwalla@ca.ibm.com I upgraded and app from 5.0.04 to 8. We don't use the pfc though. One issue I found is that some of the editmask start acting weird. For example, if you use a datetime editmask that uses am/pm, once you tab off i...

5.0.03 PFC with 5.0.02 PB
Our group would like to upgrade to 5.0.03 because of the bug fixes for the PFC pbls, but we are hesitant due to the regression errors in 5.0.03 PowerBuilder. Is there any reason we couldn't upgrade our PFC pbls to 5.0.03 but keep our PowerBuilder at 5.0.02? I would expect it to work fine, but would like to get other opinions. TIA -Jay Paulsen Running 16 bit PB under NT 4.0, we ran PB 5.0.02 with PFC 5.0.00 for a few months of development and had no problems related to the different versions. Eventually we did re-synch. The only re-synching problems we had were a coup...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Web resources about - Are you using PB 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with PB 5.0.04?? - sybase.powerbuilder.general