Any surprises upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? Can I revert back to 7.0.2?

Has anybody out there run into any issues going from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3?  I've
gone through the readme, but I was just curious if there were any surprises
I should know about first.  Is 7.0.3 any more stable?  I'm really getting
tired of the constant crashing under Win98SE.  If I have problems with
7.0.3, can I revert to 7.0.2  by restoring a backup of the
Sybase\Powerbuilder 7.0 and the Sybase\Shared\Powerbuilder folders?

TIA - Dave

0
Dave

I don't suppose you want to hear that you've been putting yourself
through a year of torture since Sybase put out 7.0.2/C3 that really
settled the IDE down, eh? Didn't think so. <g> Going back should just
be a matter of uninstalling, reinstalling with the patches you want,
and regenning your code. However, I'd recommend hand impalement as a
slightly more enjoyable experience. <G>

As far as 7.0.3 goes, I'd suggest you go to the latest patch
available. Some of the early patches had a couple of runtime problems,
like issues with detail band height of zero, which may or may not
affect you. However, I haven't heard of any killer issues that are
unique to the latest builds.

Good luck,

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:51:00 -0700, "Dave Ringot" <daver@bwc.com>
wrote:

>Has anybody out there run into any issues going from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3?  I've
>gone through the readme, but I was just curious if there were any surprises
>I should know about first.  Is 7.0.3 any more stable?  I'm really getting
>tired of the constant crashing under Win98SE.  If I have problems with
>7.0.3, can I revert to 7.0.2  by restoring a backup of the
>Sybase\Powerbuilder 7.0 and the Sybase\Shared\Powerbuilder folders?

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Downgrade from 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 to 7.0.0
What would be the issues involved, and what steps would be needed to downgrade from either 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 back down to 7.0.0? Am I stuck with offloading the databases to flat files, uninstalling, installing the mandated version, and then re-importing the flat files? Any advice for this Sybase newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks. No issues, easy steps... I often switch between point releases simply by copying/renaming subdirectories of C:\Program Files\Sybase. Each time I install a new upgrade or EBF I make a copy of the subdirectory; on *this* laptop it now looks like ...

Does Thunderbird 0.7.3 use the same language pack as 0.7.1 and 0.7.2?
Does Thunderbird 0.7.3 use the same language pack as 0.7.1 and 0.7.2? Javier Javier SOLA schreef: > > Does Thunderbird 0.7.3 use the same language pack as 0.7.1 and 0.7.2? > > Javier yes. :-) -- Thunderbird NL http://thunderbirdnl.mozdev.org ...

Upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3hp1 #2
Hello all, I was wondering what the update process is from GW 7.0.2 to 7.0.3hp1. I have heard conflicting ideas about the way it needs to be done. Do I need to treat it as a GW system upgrade where the agents need to be taken down or as a patching of the system that can be done with the agents up and running? And WebAccess doesnt need to be reinstalled does it? That is just for when you move up a whole release like 6.x to 7.x is it not? All advice welcome Curious Sam -- CuriousSam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Wed...

Upgrading ASA from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3
Hi. One of our customers just applied the latest 7.0.3 update to his Novell server. Our application started misbehaving after the ASA upgrade to 703. Is it necessary to always upgrade the ASA client when upgrading the server? Our customer said that the Novell update he downloaded did not have a client update. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Doug ...

Upgrade from ASA 7.0.2 to 7.0.3
Where can I find the upgrade from ASA 7.0.2 to ASA 7.0.3 english version for Windows platform? I can find only French, German and Japanese versions. Thanks. Follow the instructions in my footer. Make sure you change time frame to all, since the 703 maintenance release is probably more than 6 months old. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set "Platform Preview" and "T...

Can I have 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 on the same machine?
I checked my registry, and it looks like all versions of PB 7 will use the same entries. Does this mean it would be impossible to load both versions on the same machine? Thanks W.F. The registry would be shared between the two, but you can load all the PB 7.0.2 DLLs, PB70.EXE and PB70.INI in one directory, and do the same for PB7.0.3 and run either. On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:55:13 -0500, William_Fortell wrote: >I checked my registry, and it looks like all versions of PB 7 will use the >same entries. Does this mean it would be impossible to load both versions >...

Upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 Question
This may be basic but I've actually never performed an upgrade before. I have a question regarding what actually happens during a certain part of the update/install wizard. During the wizard you are presented with Update GroupWise System dialog box that lists the three steps you need to perform. Here you must enter the location of your domain... no problem here. I eventually have to select Install and select a platform, NetWare. What I'm confused on is the part about the Installation Path. The wizard asks for a path where I want to install the GroupWise agent softw...

7.0.0 To 7.0.2 In Windows?
Longtime 5.5 user, just got 7.0.. Went first to update page to get latest patches. ALL the platforms EXCEPT Windows have a clearly marked: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Maintenance Release (English), Upgrade of 7.0.x to 7.0.2 Where under Windows it goes: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.2 to build 1462 7.0.2 09 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.1 to build 1176 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Verified Bug Fixes, Update of 7.01 to build 1169 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch ...

Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7
Name: Pat Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7 Comments: Update history is only displaying updates from 2.0.0.7 and below. Check for upgrades is not finding any. Updates were set to automatically download and install. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-AU; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Error ORA-01460 in PowerBuilder 7.0.2/7.0.3
Hello, I have several applications developed in PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and database Oracle 8.1.6. Now, we upgrade Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7 and in some application I will appear the error "ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested" when recovering the information of the database. I have upgraded PowerBuilder 7.0.2 to PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (Build 10213) and the problem persists. Any help that you can give me will be welcome Thank you Oscar Can you run the database application in trace mode and ...

Upgrading 7.0.0 database to 7.0.3
I have a database that was created in 7.0.0. I now use 7.0.3.2079. I'm having trouble upgrading the database. First, contrary to the help file, there was no upgrade utility in Sybase Central. At least, I can't find it. So I opened ISQL and ran the statement, 'alter database upgrade'. This caused the following message to pop up: ISQL Error Line 1, Column 16 Could not execute statement. ASA Error -198: Primary key for row in table 'SYSCAPABILITYNAME' is referenced in another table. The ISQL Messages window contained the following: Creating ...

Upgraded from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... is there a reason? On May 16, 1:45 pm, Dean Kay <dean...@earthlink.net> wrote: > Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The > downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... > is there a reason? I had a weird instance today, where Firefox locked up (no, that's not weird...lol) on Vista, and so Vista did the "checking for problems" process, and then...

Upgrading from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Hi all, My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. What is going on? Regards, alex ozgwei@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. > > However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have > just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. > > What is going on? > > Regards, > alex > Did you have 2.0.0.2 and updated to 2.0.0.3, and are not getting messages about 2.0.0.2? Lee ...

Upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3HP1
I am running all GroupWise 7.0.2 modules on a single NW6.5Sp7 server and plan to upgrade to 7.0.3HP1. I can run the upgrade using the gw703hp1_full_nlwin_us.exe download, right? Is there anything that I should be concerned with? My plan is not to auto-update the client until testing the SP3HP1 client on a few PCs and ensure everything is working before upgrading all the PCs. Thanks Wilson -- wilsonhandy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wilsonhandy wrote: > > I am running all GroupWise 7.0.2 modules on a single NW6.5S...

Web resources about - Any surprises upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? Can I revert back to 7.0.2? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Surprise Saguaros - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Surprise Saguaros are a baseball team that plays in the West Division of the Arizona Fall League . They play their home games at Surprise ...

Facebook’s Holiday Surprise: Snow In Chat Heads
Facebook’s promise to make chat get more festive was delivered in time for Christmas Eve Tuesday with the addition of snow to its Chat Heads ...

OBAMACARE: What should WE do about Chief Justice John Roberts? My answer just might surprise you. - Facebook ...
David Osborne hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel OBAMACARE: What should WE do about Chief Justice John Roberts? My answer just might surprise you. ...

Zuckerberg on Latest Privacy Issues: No Big Traffic Changes, Internal Surprise, Future of Instant Personalization ...
Yesterday, Facebook announced and started rolling out simpler user privacy controls. Afterward, I sat down with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg ...

Surprise Ride (@SurpriseRide) on Twitter

#OnlyOnTwitter: Announcements and surprises
... This week, a writer in New York casually noted that author @SalmanRushdie is following actress @MollyRingwald and was in for a bit of a surprise ...

Pope Francis Daily Surprise on the App Store on iTunes
Get Pope Francis Daily Surprise on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Surprise! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Enki is surprised that I now have a flash and flash cable

Aussie Builders surprise public with loud empowering statements - YouTube
Snickers paired up with Aussie builders to call out empowering statements to unsuspecting members of the public. This video features members ...

Wedding proposal: Aussie man surprises girlfriend
CHRIS Fung wanted to make his proposal to his girlfriend extra special.