Any surprises upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? Can I revert back to 7.0.2?

Has anybody out there run into any issues going from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3?  I've
gone through the readme, but I was just curious if there were any surprises
I should know about first.  Is 7.0.3 any more stable?  I'm really getting
tired of the constant crashing under Win98SE.  If I have problems with
7.0.3, can I revert to 7.0.2  by restoring a backup of the
Sybase\Powerbuilder 7.0 and the Sybase\Shared\Powerbuilder folders?
TIA - Dave

0
Dave
10/19/2001 3:51:00 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 19 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1101 Views

I don't suppose you want to hear that you've been putting yourself
through a year of torture since Sybase put out 7.0.2/C3 that really
settled the IDE down, eh? Didn't think so. <g> Going back should just
be a matter of uninstalling, reinstalling with the patches you want,
and regenning your code. However, I'd recommend hand impalement as a
slightly more enjoyable experience. <G>
As far as 7.0.3 goes, I'd suggest you go to the latest patch
available. Some of the early patches had a couple of runtime problems,
like issues with detail band height of zero, which may or may not
affect you. However, I haven't heard of any killer issues that are
unique to the latest builds.
Good luck,
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:51:00 -0700, "Dave Ringot" <daver@bwc.com>
wrote:
>Has anybody out there run into any issues going from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3?  I've
>gone through the readme, but I was just curious if there were any surprises
>I should know about first.  Is 7.0.3 any more stable?  I'm really getting
>tired of the constant crashing under Win98SE.  If I have problems with
>7.0.3, can I revert to 7.0.2  by restoring a backup of the
>Sybase\Powerbuilder 7.0 and the Sybase\Shared\Powerbuilder folders?
Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0