Accessing Outlook calendar data from a Powerbuilder application.

Hi,

I want my application (developed in PowerBuilder) to access calendar data in
Microsoft Outlook.
I am rather blank on how to approach this task, so if someone could guide me
to some relevant resources on the net I would be very thankful.

Regards Vegard

0
vegard

Use OLE and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). To learn more about OLE,
review the application techniques manual on that subject. For VBA, go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library and search for Outlook.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

"vegard" <vegard@timerecorderdata.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want my application (developed in PowerBuilder) to access calendar data
in
> Microsoft Outlook.
> I am rather blank on how to approach this task, so if someone could guide
me
> to some relevant resources on the net I would be very thankful.
>
> Regards Vegard

0
Chris
2/17/2003 2:19:06 PM
Another approach is to use ADO, which can access Exchange data if
configured appropriately.
0
David_T

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Powerbuilder and Outlook Calendar
I want to pass Meetings info from PB application to MSoutlook Calendar. It works for creation, but I also want to update if modified in PB Applic. Therefore I need to store MyKey somewhere in this calendar record. I have add a field in outlook in which I intend to store myKey. The creation of the userfield works well (I can see it with outlookspy) but when I want to store an info in it, nothing happens. ( no info, but no errors mentionned) If I update this outlook userfield it through OutlookSpy, It works: I can store and later on retrieve through PB this KeyID I checked on di...

PowerBuilder Crashes when trying to access data window data source
Hi there, I installed powerbuilder on a new computer and now it crashes when I open a data window and then try to access the data source (SQL). It bombs out completely with no error message. The version of powerbuilder is8.0 and it worked fine on the previous computer. I have regenerated the data window, exported and imported the data window etc but nothing seems to fix the problem. The problem also occurs if I make a new data window. I can access the database (oracle) in the database painter fine. Anyone any idea what is going on ? Thanks Hugh > I installed p...

data exchange between PowerBuilder applications
PowerBuilder 11.5.1 I am looking for a possibility to exchange data between two or more PowerBuilder applications which are all under my control. I tried to use the Send()/Post() functions. I pass the values in the wordParm and longParm respectively. This works fine for numeric data only. But I was not able to pass string data this way. Obviously the String(longParm, "address") Syntax does not work over more than one PowerBuilder application - which actually is no surprise. Is there another way in PowerBuilder to do this (apart from using DDE)? Andi Hi Andi, ...

Accessing data in Excel from Powerbuilder
Hi, I am importing data from an Excel workbook into a Powerbuilder (version 8.03 build 9704) datawindow via ODBC. The user is asked to enter the name of the excel file in an application window, and I would like to pass this filename onto the transaction object. But I'm not able to find out which property to use in the transaction object. When the Connect-statement is issued, the user is prompted for the filename, which I want to avoid. Does anyone know where to enter this filename in the trans. object ? Here is the code ltr_excel = create transaction ltr_excel.DBMS = "...

Accessing Excel data from PowerBuilder
I am trying to access data in an Excel spreadsheet from PowerBuilder. After reviewing the PB documentation and a number of posts from these newsgroups, I figured that I can do it in one of three ways: 1. Save As text from the Excel file, then use a method like ImportFile to bring the data into PB; 2. Use OLE to access the Excel file; 3. Use ODBC to access the Excel file. (1) doesn't meet my requirements (I need to be able to bring in the data directly from Excel, without any intermediate steps), so that left me with options (2) and (3) (OLE or ODBC). I should say a bi...

Exchanging Data Between Two PowerBuilder Applications
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0265_01C4F318.55FDAF30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. I am trying to figure out a way to send a String from one = running PB application to another running PB application. From my = research so far, it looks like the SendMessage API call comes close, and = I think it might actually do the trick if I were sending a Long instead = of a String. However, I definitely need to send character data, and I = am unable to come up with a solution...

Generating PowerBuilder Applications from Data Model
A few years ago I used a version of PowerDesigner (perhaps AppModeller) to generate a functioning PowerBuilder application directly from a physical data model. It was fine for editing static data. I now have PowerDesigner 9.5.0 and want to do it again for static data. I can't find how to do it in this version of PowerBuilder. Any ideas? The functionality of AppModeler was not carried forward to PD 7, 8 or 9.x. However, using the 9.5.2 release, you are able to generate and reverse engineer PB extended attributes in the PDM. In the OOM, you can now reverse engineer your entire...

Using PowerBuilder to Access Data from IQ?
We're designing our new business intelligence application and try to get much more information about IQ. Our current application is developed by using PowerBuilder. Can we still use PB to access data from IQ? How is the query performance? Thanks in advance! Jihong Yes, you may continue to use Powerbuilder, depending on your version you may have to upgrade the ODBC driver. The query peformance at the server side will be like nothing you have ever seen! "Jihong Huang" <Jihong.Huang@moh.gov.on.ca> wrote in message news:0h#KHM9G$GA.213@forums.sybase.com... ...

Accessing Infomaker reports from powerbuilder applications
Hi.Can anyone who has worked with Infomaker reports , please tell me how to create and access Infomaker reports from a powerbuilder application at runtime. Thanks, Goutam I have never tried this, but maybe you can add your infomaker libraries to your PB app with SetLibraryList( librarylist ) You might want to try Database Genius. With it you can create and modify Powersoft Reports just as you would in Powerbuilder and Infomaker. Download it at our web site: http://www.svsoftware.net -- S.V. Software http://www.svsoftware.net Database Genius 1.0.1 includes a way to create repor...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error: Datastore Access
Currently, we are experiencing problems with a component, in production, under load. The logs identify one datastore as the "culprit"; however, the component does not die in the same place. The component either dies in one of two methods while accessing the datastore. The datastore creation and initialization (e.g., dataobject, transaction object, retrieve) are identical. The interesting part, the data was just retrieved successfully (no errors logged checking the datastore's instance variable is_dberror), so the data should exist. >>> Are there any known m...

Single Powerbuilder Application Accessing multiple database
My current PB6.5 application is running on an NT4 and Oracle 8i platform. I would like to know if it is possible for a single PB application accessing more than one database. I was thinking of building an interface within my existing application to access a Lotus Note database while at the same time logon to the Oracle database. Can this be done easily? Does anybody got a PB application that looks at two databases? Regards, PB Apps Developer Sure. Just create and connect another transaction object. Meng_Woon wrote in message ... >My current PB6.5 application is running o...

how to develop PowerBuilder applications that access Lotus Notes databases.
I need to access Lotus Notes databases, but I don't know how to get RTF field. I only access non-RTF field by using the PowerBuilder Library for Lotus Notes. If I want to get a RTF field by using PB Library for Lotus Notes,I only get a string that has 255 chars.HOW can I do? ...

Outlook and PowerBuilder
How can I send information from powerbuilder on click of a command button to Microsoft Outllok Thanks I would suggest you take a look at the information i posted to VJR (Sending info from PB to Microsoft Outlook) I think it should help you, depending on what you want to do with outlook (there are many things) Have Fun! -- Vennlig hilsen Klaus Myrseth Information Highway AS VJR <rnd@foundationsoft.com> wrote in message news:37c44a9f.21793837@forums.powersoft.com... > How can I send information from powerbuilder on click of a command > button to Microsoft Outllo...

Web resources about - Accessing Outlook calendar data from a Powerbuilder application. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles