Web Services Support Now and Future?

It seems from the quantity of posts in the PB groups that there are a
lot of people calling web services from PB Classic.  As a contractor, I
have used them at several different clients, and except for a few issues
like lack of component pooling, no ODBC connection pooling, and the bug
where the destructor never fires, been very happy until recently. 2
months ago, I had a problem calling a web service after successfully
running the PB Project to create the proxy, data structures, etc.  No
problem, I figured, my company has Sybase Support!  I called support,
opened up a case, and tried to work through the issue with the support
person.  The problem turned out to be that the web service DLL that gets
created was not correct.  I was then informed that Powerbuilder uses 2
windows exe's to create this DLL (wsdl.exe and csc.exe) and that there
was a known bug in wsdl.exe, so it wasn't Sybase's problem.  They told
me to try to manually build the DLL by running the wsdl.exe, then edit
the .cs file that it creates, changing array occurrences of [][] to [].
 This half worked.  I was able to call the simplest function
"sayHello()" (which didn't require authentication).  I got the response
but PB said it "found a response type of 'text/plain' but expected
'text/xml'.  The response did contain the "hello" I expected but not the
format that PB expected.  What's worse, I then tried to call the "real"
functions I needed, but basic authentication was not working at all.  We
have narrowed it down to the DLL, but since PB technically doesn't build
that, it doesn't seem to be supported.

(Sorry for the length above)
My questions to the powers that be at Sybase/SAP is, how can you not
support something you build from PB?  We have many areas using this
service successfully, including .NET and Java groups.  All have used the
same WSDL to create their proxies.  Why is VS2008 able to use the same
WSDL and create good objects, but not PB.  VS must use the same windows
exe's right?  I also downloaded SoapUI, and in 20 minutes had all of the
services working.  Considering how tightly integrated PB and .NET are
becoming, this really needs to be done better going forward.
</rant>
0
Kevin

Hi Kevin;

   I agree ... WS's generally work well, but in some cases seem to be OTL.
Yet, in VS2008/2010 it is effortless to get it working. I think that Sybase
needs to address this area in a lot more detail. You now have improved WS
support in PB 12.Net using the new WCF feature. This feature might get you
around these problems as WCF is a different and more robust WS architecture.
However, this means that you *must* migrate your PB application to WPF which
can add a detrimental effects such as: compiling to one large EXE, no MDI
support, no support for dynamic PBD's, etc which could hamper your
application's functionality thus offsetting the WPF transition value that
would enable the WCF gain as a valuable ROI.

  I would suggest that you pursue this with Sybase and add this as an issue
/ fix to the PB  enhancement forum (http://my.isug.com/p/cm/ld?fid=187). For
those PB developers that are also experiencing the same limitations as Kevin
I would also recommend that you do the same to raise the visibility of this
issue as a "show stopper" within Sybase.

In the near future, PB will have support for REST-full web services that
should put it "on par" with VS 2010. However, the time frame for this is
unclear at the moment. Maybe someone at Sybase can add some clarity here.

PS: I feel your pain!

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Kevin R"  wrote in message news:4d010404$1@forums-1-dub...

[...]

Chris
12/10/2010 9:00:56 PM
On 10 Dec 2010 13:00:56 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
<cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:

>   I agree ... WS's generally work well, but in some cases seem to be OTL.
>Yet, in VS2008/2010 it is effortless to get it working. I think that Sybase
>needs to address this area in a lot more detail. You now have improved WS
>support in PB 12.Net using the new WCF feature. This feature might get you
>around these problems as WCF is a different and more robust WS architecture.
>However, this means that you *must* migrate your PB application to WPF which
>can add a detrimental effects such as: compiling to one large EXE, no MDI
>support, no support for dynamic PBD's, etc which could hamper your
>application's functionality thus offsetting the WPF transition value that
>would enable the WCF gain as a valuable ROI.

Actually, that is incorrect.  You can create a WCF proxy as part of a
..Net assembly target, and then reference that from other PB .Net
applications (WinForm/WebForm) via conditional code blocks or a
Classic PB application via CCW.

0
Bruce
12/10/2010 11:41:18 PM
Correct ... thanks Bruce!

However, Kevin would have to migrate away from Win32 to do that.

"Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message

On 10 Dec 2010 13:00:56 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
<cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:

>   I agree ... WS's generally work well, but in some cases seem to be OTL.
>Yet, in VS2008/2010 it is effortless to get it working. I think that Sybase
>needs to address this area in a lot more detail. You now have improved WS
>support in PB 12.Net using the new WCF feature. This feature might get you
>around these problems as WCF is a different and more robust WS
>architecture.
>However, this means that you *must* migrate your PB application to WPF
>which
>can add a detrimental effects such as: compiling to one large EXE, no MDI
>support, no support for dynamic PBD's, etc which could hamper your
>application's functionality thus offsetting the WPF transition value that
>would enable the WCF gain as a valuable ROI.

Actually, that is incorrect.  You can create a WCF proxy as part of a
..Net assembly target, and then reference that from other PB .Net
applications (WinForm/WebForm) via conditional code blocks or a
Classic PB application via CCW.

0
Chris
12/12/2010 6:56:55 PM
I think you missed the last part of that post:

"a Classic PB application via CCW."

On 12 Dec 2010 10:56:55 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
<cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:

>Correct ... thanks Bruce!
>
>However, Kevin would have to migrate away from Win32 to do that.
>

>"Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>
>On 10 Dec 2010 13:00:56 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
><cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>
>>   I agree ... WS's generally work well, but in some cases seem to be OTL.
>>Yet, in VS2008/2010 it is effortless to get it working. I think that Sybase
>>needs to address this area in a lot more detail. You now have improved WS
>>support in PB 12.Net using the new WCF feature. This feature might get you
>>around these problems as WCF is a different and more robust WS
>>architecture.
>>However, this means that you *must* migrate your PB application to WPF
>>which
>>can add a detrimental effects such as: compiling to one large EXE, no MDI
>>support, no support for dynamic PBD's, etc which could hamper your
>>application's functionality thus offsetting the WPF transition value that
>>would enable the WCF gain as a valuable ROI.
>
>Actually, that is incorrect.  You can create a WCF proxy as part of a
>.Net assembly target, and then reference that from other PB .Net
>applications (WinForm/WebForm) via conditional code blocks or a
>Classic PB application via CCW.
0
Bruce
12/12/2010 10:30:01 PM
Ooops ... yes, I missed that one - sorry.

In general though, Kevin seems to be indicating that Sybase needs to take
WS's to the next level and be on par with Java and VS in its prowess over
XML result set handling.

I think you missed the last part of that post:

"a Classic PB application via CCW."

On 12 Dec 2010 10:56:55 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
<cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:

>Correct ... thanks Bruce!
>
>However, Kevin would have to migrate away from Win32 to do that.
>

>"Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>
>On 10 Dec 2010 13:00:56 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
><cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>
>>   I agree ... WS's generally work well, but in some cases seem to be OTL.
>>Yet, in VS2008/2010 it is effortless to get it working. I think that
>>Sybase
>>needs to address this area in a lot more detail. You now have improved WS
>>support in PB 12.Net using the new WCF feature. This feature might get you
>>around these problems as WCF is a different and more robust WS
>>architecture.
>>However, this means that you *must* migrate your PB application to WPF
>>which
>>can add a detrimental effects such as: compiling to one large EXE, no MDI
>>support, no support for dynamic PBD's, etc which could hamper your
>>application's functionality thus offsetting the WPF transition value that
>>would enable the WCF gain as a valuable ROI.
>
>Actually, that is incorrect.  You can create a WCF proxy as part of a
>.Net assembly target, and then reference that from other PB .Net
>applications (WinForm/WebForm) via conditional code blocks or a
>Classic PB application via CCW.

0
Chris
12/13/2010 2:38:30 AM
Well I wouldn't consider that taking WS to "the next level", but I would
like them to work when Java and VS have no problem.  I'd consider that
"catching up" rather than next level.  There's no reason we should have
to learn a new language to do something that's supposed to be a feature
of PB.  Bruce, I do appreciate the suggestion, at least you are offering
a possible workaround (albeit for a PB shortcoming).

My original question to Sybase still stands - how can you not support
something you build from PB (again something that is supposed to be a
feature of PB) ?  If not supported, there should be a disclaimer saying
that the DLL is actually NOT built by PB and isn't supported if it
doesn't work.

On 12/12/2010 9:38 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
> Ooops ... yes, I missed that one - sorry.
>
> In general though, Kevin seems to be indicating that Sybase needs to
> take WS's to the next level and be on par with Java and VS in its
> prowess over XML result set handling.
>

> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>

> I think you missed the last part of that post:
>
> "a Classic PB application via CCW."
>
> On 12 Dec 2010 10:56:55 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
> <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>
>> Correct ... thanks Bruce!
>>
>> However, Kevin would have to migrate away from Win32 to do that.
>>

>> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>>
>> On 10 Dec 2010 13:00:56 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
>> <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>>
>>>   I agree ... WS's generally work well, but in some cases seem to be
>>> OTL.
>>> Yet, in VS2008/2010 it is effortless to get it working. I think that
>>> Sybase
>>> needs to address this area in a lot more detail. You now have
>>> improved WS
>>> support in PB 12.Net using the new WCF feature. This feature might
>>> get you
>>> around these problems as WCF is a different and more robust WS
>>> architecture.
>>> However, this means that you *must* migrate your PB application to WPF
>>> which
>>> can add a detrimental effects such as: compiling to one large EXE, no
>>> MDI
>>> support, no support for dynamic PBD's, etc which could hamper your
>>> application's functionality thus offsetting the WPF transition value
>>> that
>>> would enable the WCF gain as a valuable ROI.
>>
>> Actually, that is incorrect.  You can create a WCF proxy as part of a
>> .Net assembly target, and then reference that from other PB .Net
>> applications (WinForm/WebForm) via conditional code blocks or a
>> Classic PB application via CCW.

0
Kevin
12/13/2010 3:00:33 AM
I meant the "next level" for PB but alas, you are correct in that only plays
"catch up" with the other IDE players.  :-(

"Kevin R"  wrote in message news:4d058c51@forums-1-dub...

Well I wouldn't consider that taking WS to "the next level", but I would
like them to work when Java and VS have no problem.  I'd consider that
"catching up" rather than next level.  There's no reason we should have
to learn a new language to do something that's supposed to be a feature
of PB.  Bruce, I do appreciate the suggestion, at least you are offering
a possible workaround (albeit for a PB shortcoming).

My original question to Sybase still stands - how can you not support
something you build from PB (again something that is supposed to be a
feature of PB) ?  If not supported, there should be a disclaimer saying
that the DLL is actually NOT built by PB and isn't supported if it
doesn't work.

On 12/12/2010 9:38 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
> Ooops ... yes, I missed that one - sorry.
>
> In general though, Kevin seems to be indicating that Sybase needs to
> take WS's to the next level and be on par with Java and VS in its
> prowess over XML result set handling.
>

> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>

> I think you missed the last part of that post:
>
> "a Classic PB application via CCW."
>
> On 12 Dec 2010 10:56:55 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
> <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>
>> Correct ... thanks Bruce!
>>
>> However, Kevin would have to migrate away from Win32 to do that.
>>

>> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>>
>> On 10 Dec 2010 13:00:56 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
>> <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>>
>>>   I agree ... WS's generally work well, but in some cases seem to be
>>> OTL.
>>> Yet, in VS2008/2010 it is effortless to get it working. I think that
>>> Sybase
>>> needs to address this area in a lot more detail. You now have
>>> improved WS
>>> support in PB 12.Net using the new WCF feature. This feature might
>>> get you
>>> around these problems as WCF is a different and more robust WS
>>> architecture.
>>> However, this means that you *must* migrate your PB application to WPF
>>> which
>>> can add a detrimental effects such as: compiling to one large EXE, no
>>> MDI
>>> support, no support for dynamic PBD's, etc which could hamper your
>>> application's functionality thus offsetting the WPF transition value
>>> that
>>> would enable the WCF gain as a valuable ROI.
>>
>> Actually, that is incorrect.  You can create a WCF proxy as part of a
>> .Net assembly target, and then reference that from other PB .Net
>> applications (WinForm/WebForm) via conditional code blocks or a
>> Classic PB application via CCW.

0
Chris
12/13/2010 3:17:54 AM
Kevin can you provide me with the Case ID? I'd like to investigate
this incident.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

PowerBuilder Blog:
http://blogs.sybase.com/powerbuilder/

On 12 Dec 2010 19:00:33 -0800, Kevin R <kjr_23@nospam.yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Well I wouldn't consider that taking WS to "the next level", but I would
>like them to work when Java and VS have no problem.  I'd consider that
>"catching up" rather than next level.  There's no reason we should have
>to learn a new language to do something that's supposed to be a feature
>of PB.  Bruce, I do appreciate the suggestion, at least you are offering
>a possible workaround (albeit for a PB shortcoming).
>
>My original question to Sybase still stands - how can you not support
>something you build from PB (again something that is supposed to be a
>feature of PB) ?  If not supported, there should be a disclaimer saying
>that the DLL is actually NOT built by PB and isn't supported if it
>doesn't work.
>
>On 12/12/2010 9:38 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>> Ooops ... yes, I missed that one - sorry.
>>
>> In general though, Kevin seems to be indicating that Sybase needs to
>> take WS's to the next level and be on par with Java and VS in its
>> prowess over XML result set handling.
>>

>> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>>

>> I think you missed the last part of that post:
>>
>> "a Classic PB application via CCW."
>>
>> On 12 Dec 2010 10:56:55 -0800, "Chris Pollach"
>> <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Correct ... thanks Bruce!
>>>
>>> However, Kevin would have to migrate away from Win32 to do that.
>>>

>>> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message

>>> Actually, that is incorrect.  You can create a WCF proxy as part of a
>>> .Net assembly target, and then reference that from other PB .Net
>>> applications (WinForm/WebForm) via conditional code blocks or a
>>> Classic PB application via CCW.

0
Dave
12/14/2010 12:06:40 AM
Thanks Dave,
 It is #11634312, originally submitted in Oct.  Feel free to contact my
personal email if you'd prefer to take this offline.

Kevin

On 12/13/2010 7:06 PM, Dave Fish [Sybase] wrote:
> Kevin can you provide me with the Case ID? I'd like to investigate
> this incident.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> PowerBuilder Blog:
> http://blogs.sybase.com/powerbuilder/
>
> On 12 Dec 2010 19:00:33 -0800, Kevin R <kjr_23@nospam.yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Well I wouldn't consider that taking WS to "the next level", but I would
>> like them to work when Java and VS have no problem.  I'd consider that
>> "catching up" rather than next level.  There's no reason we should have
>> to learn a new language to do something that's supposed to be a feature
>> of PB.  Bruce, I do appreciate the suggestion, at least you are offering
>> a possible workaround (albeit for a PB shortcoming).
>>
>> My original question to Sybase still stands - how can you not support
>> something you build from PB (again something that is supposed to be a
>> feature of PB) ?  If not supported, there should be a disclaimer saying
>> that the DLL is actually NOT built by PB and isn't supported if it
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> On 12/12/2010 9:38 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>>> Ooops ... yes, I missed that one - sorry.
>>>
>>> In general though, Kevin seems to be indicating that Sybase needs to
>>> take WS's to the next level and be on par with Java and VS in its
>>> prowess over XML result set handling.
>>>

>>> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>>>

>>> I think you missed the last part of that post:
>>>
>>> "a Classic PB application via CCW."

0
Kevin
12/14/2010 2:37:19 AM
Dave,
 Did you find anything out on this?

Thanks,
Kevin

On 12/13/2010 7:06 PM, Dave Fish [Sybase] wrote:
> Kevin can you provide me with the Case ID? I'd like to investigate
> this incident.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> PowerBuilder Blog:
> http://blogs.sybase.com/powerbuilder/
>
> On 12 Dec 2010 19:00:33 -0800, Kevin R <kjr_23@nospam.yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Well I wouldn't consider that taking WS to "the next level", but I would
>> like them to work when Java and VS have no problem.  I'd consider that
>> "catching up" rather than next level.  There's no reason we should have
>> to learn a new language to do something that's supposed to be a feature
>> of PB.  Bruce, I do appreciate the suggestion, at least you are offering
>> a possible workaround (albeit for a PB shortcoming).
>>
>> My original question to Sybase still stands - how can you not support
>> something you build from PB (again something that is supposed to be a
>> feature of PB) ?  If not supported, there should be a disclaimer saying
>> that the DLL is actually NOT built by PB and isn't supported if it
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> On 12/12/2010 9:38 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>>> Ooops ... yes, I missed that one - sorry.
>>>
>>> In general though, Kevin seems to be indicating that Sybase needs to
>>> take WS's to the next level and be on par with Java and VS in its
>>> prowess over XML result set handling.
>>>

>>> "Bruce Armstrong"  wrote in message
>>>

>>> I think you missed the last part of that post:
>>>
>>> "a Classic PB application via CCW."

0
Kevin

Are Futures the future of DOMRequest?
Hi, There is a draft for futures (promise-like mechanism) [1] which hopefully would replace DOMRequest. One question is whether they could replace it. FirefoxOS and Gaia in particular make heavy use of current APIs which define DOMRequest objects or equivalent (SMSRequest, FileRequest...). If Futures can repace DOMRequest, that's awesome. If they cannot, one idea is to make DOMRequest inherit from DOMFuture. Thoughts? David [1] https://github.com/slightlyoff/DOMFuture ...

Future Oracle support of Powerbuilder
Does anyone know if Sybase plans further Oracle support for future releases (> 8.1.6). We are running into serious problems with our customer using newer Oracle DB servers when we compare the Oracle support deadlines with the officially by Powerbuilder supported Oracle versions. Oracle support deadlines: Version Planned Desupport Date 7.3.4 1 January 2001 (terminal release) 8.0.4 1 April 2000 8.0.5 1 July 2000 8.0.6 30 Se...

Do pocket PowerBuilder support Web Services?
Can I declare a web services function call in the Pocket PowerBuilder? If support what Web Services standard support? DOC/RPC you can use pocketsoap: see http://pocketpb.codexchange.sybase.com/ Pip wrote: > Can I declare a web services function call in the Pocket PowerBuilder? If > support what Web Services standard support? DOC/RPC ...

Web Service Suport In Near Future?
Hey Scott, Are there any plans to add web service support to the blogging platform so people can programatically post to their blogs? Thanks, Nathan It's already there. Here are some tools you can use to do this too: http://dottextwiki.scottwater.com/default.aspx/Dottext.AuthoringOptions ..Text has supported the metaWeblog API since it's earliest incarnation. It's not soap, if that's what you're specifically asking, but technically xmlrpc are ws and you can definitely programmatically implement the metaWeblog endpoints. Details on using existing third-party clients like ...

IE Web Controls support from MS
Hi Does anyone know what ms is going to do with the IE Web Controls since they advertise that they are no longer supported? I'd also like to know if anyone has come across equivalent j-script examples that will function like the tabstrip and multipage controls? Thanks and regards, Bas...

AtomPub RESTful MVC Controller
With ADO.Net Data Services recently adding AtomPub support for RESTful data access (and GData using the protocol) I'd love to see either the MVCToolkit or MVCContrib providing an AtomPubController and routing samples. (And couple that with OpenId (dotnetopenid) and JQuery integration for the ultimate StarterKit!) Do you agree that AtomPub is a good base standard to follow for web app APIs? IMHO the controller would need to be custom because the application determines what content to include in the feed (and how to process updates).An abstract AtomPubContoller mig...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks ComputerWorld!!! What a piece of .... I haven't read the article, but I don't have to. I had a subscription to ComputerWorld once. ComputerWorld was one of the biggest fans of the Apple is dead movement. Guess they were wrong there... The journalism in that magazine is terrible. Over the course of a year subscription, I read most of the articles for about six months. Then I threw it away until the subscription ...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hello Every one!!, Could any body tell me for how long the demand for powerbuilder programmer exists... the recent trend shows everything is going on to be web dependendent. I'm bit worried ab't security of my job.. i'm with PB since the release of Ver.4.0.. and bit reluctant to leave PB now. could anybody suggest me whether should i move on to Java or simillar techonologies or should i get along with PB?? Please respond to me... Thanks!! Regards, Dhawan. It never hurts to expand your skillset by picking up new languages. PowerBuilder is still going strong, Syb...

The future of Indy or what are your plans for the future?
Sorry if a topic in the wrong section, but very interesting: what are the plans for the development of Indy (if any)? Are there any plans to create a bug-trekker? And from a personal question: Do you plan to implement support for SSH? I'll add the following question : will the SuperCore package (fibers, IOCP, etc.) be revived ? That was a great project ;) <pavel dobryakov> wrote in message news:125448@forums.codegear.com... > Sorry if a topic in the wrong section, but very interesting: what are the > plans > for the development of Indy (if any)? There are no d...

support future?
i had logged a case (Case 11322211) about PB crashing on a garbageCollect() call from 10.5.1# 6565 onwards, while not crashing in 10.5.1#6551. The repro case i had submitted is a pfc- based application. After weeks of investigation, i get to hear from support that pfc-based repro-cases cannot be accepted by sybase support because pfc is not supported. i don't understand why i got this feedback: - the crash clearly occurs on a native pb call - garbageCollect() - the repro case is entirely written in native pb script (yes, even pfc is written in powerscript) - the fact that the p...

The future of PowerBuilder...
That subject line should get your attention. <g> I'm very pleased with the participation in this group. We've obviously provided a well for a very thirsty group of developers! As you may or may not know, PB 9 is about to go into Beta and the feature set has pretty much been frozen. I know a lot of these requests are for very useful features and hopefully many will some day be incorporated into PB. I don't know what can be done for PB 9 at this point. Just don't want to falsely get people's hopes up. What I would like to do, is raise the discussion to a h...

The future of Powerbuilder
I am looking for opinions and viewpoints. I think Powerbuilder has 2 distinct and quite different markets. The small to medium sized software market and corporate IT market. In the software market where results are easy to measure on the bottom line I think PB is doing just fine. The productivity, efficiency and swift development process suites that market just fine. Just keep your customers happy. I am amazed at what I have seen in PB based software packages considering the total lack of documentation. That speaks volume on the capabilities of PB if you just get into it. O...

The Future of PowerBuilder
Hello! Earlier this year, I came across an article in one of the weekly industry newspapers that stated that Sybase was telling major customers that PowerBuilder will be discontinued after version 8.0. (I can't remember which newspaper had the story and I can't seem locate it by doing a Google search. But I'm not making this up - I really did see it.) At the PowerBuilder Information Site ( www.justpbinfo.com ) I came across the following article: ------------------------------------------------ The Future of PowerBuilder Is there life after PowerBuilder 8? Rum...

Should this formum be titled Futures or No Futures?
Should this formum be titled Futures or No Futures? > Should this formum be titled Futures or No Futures? I'd say possible futures if Sybase gets there act together sharply but most likely "slowly stagnating into a lingering death - no future"! Jack D. It depends, will we be disccussing the product, or your future career as a comedian? <g> Distruptive change is hard. Some people don't want to adapt. That's why when Microsoft originally introduced .Net, so many people, including many Microsoft MVPs, lobbied for the continuation of the "c...

Web resources about - Web Services Support Now and Future? - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

GM gets aggressive and launches a car-sharing service for the future when no one owns cars
... is a threat," said GM's president Don Ammann during a press conference for reporters. On Thursday, the company plans to announce a new service, ...

Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services
Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services Business Wire (press release) INDIANAPOLIS(BUSINESS ...

"American Heroes: Portraits of Service" exhibit - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel ...
Portraits of veterans went on display Wednesday in a new gallery at the Belmont Village Senior Living Community in Cardiff.

GM hits the gas with new car-share service
After more than 100 years of selling cars, GM is giving car-sharing a spin with a new service targeting the growing mobility-on-demand market. ...

Police: Drive-Thru Customers Attacked Burger King Worker Over Slow Service
We know it can be frustrating to wait for your food to be cooked, bagged, and passed to your eagerly awaiting hands, but it is never okay to ...

Cox Gives Up on Its 'Me Too' Streaming Video Service -
Cox has given up on the company's streaming video service before it has even hit the broader market. Back in November we noted how Cox was the ...

IBM might buy live video service UStream for $130 million
The first name that comes to mind when you hear "live-streaming video" might be Twitch, but even despite how that service has grown, it isn't ...

Landesk Unveils Service Desk 2016 with Skype Adapter
The Design App Store allows service desk administrators to create, view and select new modules and customizable capabilities.

Meet Zum, An On-Demand Ride Service For Kids
Zum launches out of beta today. Can it make parents trust the Uberization of child care? While Ritu Narayan was working as a group product manager ...