Send /Recieve SMS using PB

using powerbuilder How can I integrate with SMS center
(SMSC)
or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service
provider?

Then how can I send/receive SMS?

Haitham

John Strano answered a similar question recently in the general forum -
which is where this question belongs (unless you were planning to wait
to implement that in PB 12.5 or 15).

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 12/28/2010 3:06 AM, Haitham Refaay wrote:
> using powerbuilder How can I integrate with SMS center
> (SMSC)
> or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service
> provider?
>
> Then how can I send/receive SMS?
>
> Thanks
0
Jerry
12/28/2010 10:42:48 AM
John Strano answered that is using Sybase 365 we can send
msg.
but my question is different i need to integrate with SMS
center
(SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service
 provider?

Thanks
> John Strano answered a similar question recently in the
> general forum -  which is where this question belongs
> (unless you were planning to wait  to implement that in PB
> 12.5 or 15).
>

> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 12/28/2010 3:06 AM, Haitham Refaay wrote:
> > using powerbuilder How can I integrate with SMS center
> > (SMSC)
> > or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service
> > provider?
> >
> > Then how can I send/receive SMS?
> >
> > Thanks
0
Haitham
12/29/2010 9:35:28 AM
That's really going to depend on how your particular service provider
allows external communication other than over the phone system. If it's
email, there are code samples around to use SMTP and POP3.

On 12/29/2010 4:35 AM, Haitham Refaay wrote:
> John Strano answered that is using Sybase 365 we can send
> msg.
> but my question is different i need to integrate with SMS
> center
> (SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service
>   provider?
>
> Thanks
>> John Strano answered a similar question recently in the
>> general forum -  which is where this question belongs
>> (unless you were planning to wait  to implement that in PB
>> 12.5 or 15).
>>

>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>> Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> On 12/28/2010 3:06 AM, Haitham Refaay wrote:
>>> using powerbuilder How can I integrate with SMS center
>>> (SMSC)
>>> or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service
>>> provider?
>>>
>>> Then how can I send/receive SMS?
>>>
>>> Thanks
0
Jerry
12/29/2010 6:26:49 PM
Is there any example to how to use SMPP or UCP for send and
Recieve SMS from powerbuilder.

> That's really going to depend on how your particular
> service provider  allows external communication other than
> over the phone system. If it's  email, there are code
> samples around to use SMTP and POP3.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 12/29/2010 4:35 AM, Haitham Refaay wrote:
> > John Strano answered that is using Sybase 365 we can
> > send msg.
> > but my question is different i need to integrate with
> > SMS center
> > (SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS
> >   service provider?
> >
> > Thanks
> >> John Strano answered a similar question recently in the
> >> general forum -  which is where this question belongs
> >> (unless you were planning to wait  to implement that in
> PB >> 12.5 or 15).
> >>

> >> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> >> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> >> Enhancement Requests:
> >> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

0
Haitham

Send/Recieve SMS using PB
How can I integrate the computer / PC with SMS center (SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service provider? Then how can I send/receive SMS? Thanks ...

Send/Recieve SMS using PB #2
How can I integrate the computer / PC with SMS center (SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service provider? Then how can I send/receive SMS? Thanks Can anyone help me on my issue. > How can I integrate the computer / PC with SMS center > (SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service > provider? Then how can I send/receive SMS? > > Thanks Your very same question has already been addressed in the general and futures.dicussion sections. On 29 Dec 2010 06:37:09 -0800, Haitham wrote: >Can anyone help me on my issue. > >&...

To send/receive SMS using PB Appln
Hello, Using PB, how do I send/receive SMS from a GSM Modem ? I have a GSM (ie. Global System for Mobile communication) Modem configured on a COM1 port and a SIM card within it. I need to have a PB application that checks for any SMS' received on this SIM. Using AT commands, via Hyperterminal one can send SMS to other mobiles. The PB application can either straightaway generate an SMS and send it across or simulate an AT command. Any help in the above will be highly appreciated. Regards, Pranav Parikh. ...

How to send SMS though powerbuilder without using third party tool
How to send SMS though powerbuilder without using third party tool My esteemed colleague Bruce Armstrong gave this answer in this newsgroup about a year ago: Personalizing Your PowerBuilder Applications Using SMS and Voice Messaging http://pbdj.sys-con.com/read/358725.htm -- Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Archana" <archu.jg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bc15baec-e810-4915-8837-92b7e272d4a8@e37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > How...

sending/recieving message to other PB 5.0 application using winsockTCP protocol
Hi team, I have a application server developed in Power Builder 5.0 on Windows NT, we have around 400 clients. Clients sends/recieve message to server using Mailslot (UDP) protcol for further processing to other system. It is a two way message communication between client and server. Since message through mail slot communication layer is not supported in higher version (windows 2000). We want to change communication layer to winsock - TCP. We are trying to do this, using third party OCX control using OLE. Can any one help to find reliable third party tool through which client and s...

Sending/recieving message to Other System/ PowerBuilde application using third party OCX tool.
Hi team, I have a application server developed in Power Builder 5.0 on Windows NT, we have around 400 clients. Clients sends/recieve message to server using Mailslot (UDP) protcol for further processing to other system. It is a two way message communication between client and server. Since message through mail slot communication layer is not supported in higher version (windows 2000). We want to change communication layer to winsock - TCP. We are trying to do this, using third party OCX control using OLE. Can any one help to find reliable third party tool through which client and s...

sending sms or recieving sms from gsm modem to tracking unit
want to make an application which can send sms or recieve sms from gsm modem to tracking unit device. i want to write my own whole code means no outer libraries have to use within it. i want to write it my ownself . i have to made not for mobile device, i attached gsm modem with my computer through PCM slot.maifs Checkout this article. this might help u out. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/SMS.aspx?fid=457949&df=90&mpp=25&noise=3&sort=Position&view=Quick&fr=51MARK AS ANSWER IF MY POST HELPED YOU! THIS REDUCES TIME FOR OTHERS..! i have already checked i...

Using VS.NET to do a webby to send out sms using given server?????
i was assign a task by my school to do a webby which include SMS services. I was doing a hotel management system but i got no idea how the sms services code should be place in where n how should i link it??? Can anyone teach mi or show mi codes so that i can get a better idea of it.......Thankz...

Using SMS Through PowerBuilder
Hi there i'm using Powerbuilder ver 9 and i want to send and recieve mobile SMS through it Could any one tell me the best ActiveX Control for this purpose with my best regards Ahmad Alhowaimel ...

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Sending SMS using HTTP
Hi, I need to send SMS through ASP.NET application to mobiles to different parts of the world. I have planned to use a third party gateway and a dll file(Provided by them) to access that gateway (using HTTP). Can anyone explain me about this process in detail and it's requirements? Is there any other process which may be cost effective than this one ? Thanx in advance If you want to do that in a web application and you will be hosting it on a shared hosting platform, sometimgs DLL might not work. In that case you will need to use the HTTP API provided by teh gateway provide...

send sms by using email
hi all.....  is the any way we can send sms by using email ........ i looking for a solution to send sms message thru email to the mobile phone.... anyone got any good idea in solving this ? thanks Hello, The service is called Mail to SMS and it should be provided by your mobile provider, and if so, when you send a email message like 232323(telephone number)@yourMobileProvider.com it will be received like SMS by this number. Also the message length is limited. Check your mobile provider for instructions and ask if they provide mail to SMS service. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP...

Sending SMS using AT Commands.
Hi All,How can i use AT Commands to send SMS.I don't need to use Gateway.I just connect my Cell Phone in a COM port and using this in need to send SMS from my Application.It's very urgent.Please give some tips to attain this work. Thanx,Karthik.A Depends on your phone model and what AT commands it supportsThe 27.007 protocol documentation is here:http://webapp.etsi.org/key/key.asp?GSMSpecPart1=27&GSMSpecPart2=007while the 27.005 protocol documentation is here:http://webapp.etsi.org/key/key.asp?GSMSpecPart1=27&GSMSpecPart2=005These are two of the most popular protocol versions.Ausc...

Web resources about - Send /Recieve SMS using PB - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Greer Garson recieves the Oscar for Best-Actress at it's 15th Ceremony 1942.mpg - YouTube
A small scene from the longest Oscar Award acceptance-speech which is usually limited to 45 secs per category. Greer Garson who won the Best-Actress ...

KPMG Recieves an E-Discovery Smackdown
I don’t always cover electronic discovery, but when I do, I prefer juicy court decisions. And that’s what we have today. The United States District ...

Ferguson Police Recieve Donation of 50 Body Cameras in Wake of Michael Brown Shooting
Ferguson police officers began wearing body cameras on Saturday as marchers took to the streets to p...

Ethel Kenney recieves Medal of Freedom, highest civilian honor - Politics - The Boston Globe
WASHINGTON — When President Obama presented the Medal of Freedom to Ethel Kennedy, the 86-year-old matriarch received even more applause than ...

TalkTalk recieves ransom demand, but it's not clear who from - Business Insider
4 million customers' details may have been stolen, from emails to credit card details.

Honda Fit EV recieves EPA's highest MPG rating ever
The Environmental Protection Agency rated Honda's new electric car at 118 miles-per-gallon Read more by Bailey Johnson on CBS News' Dash.

TEENS ASPIRING TO MUSIC CAREERS RECIEVE REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE & ADVICE FROM PROS THANKS TO PARTNERSHIP ...
A dream for many, working with the best in the music business became a reality for 39 local high school students on Saturday at Best Buy GRAMMY ...

EWEA 2012 Conference Recieves WindMade Label
Europe’s premier wind conference, being held in Copenhagen, Denmark April 16 to April 19 this year, will receive a special label. The European ...

Bitcoin Exchange Startup Bex.io Recieves $525,000 in Funding
The company, which has built a bitcoin exchange platform, has received $525,000 in investment to fund its operations.

In Philadelphia and Ohio voting districts, Romney recieves zero votes
In Philadelphia and Ohio voting districts, Romney recieves zero votes