PSR Viewer for SWT...any plan ?

Hi there, I'm looking for PSR Viewer for SWT...any plan on it ?

THanks
0
JFuke

JFuke wrote:
> Hi there, I'm looking for PSR Viewer for SWT...any plan on it ?
>
> THanks

None and I wouldn't count on it. The export to PDF available in PB9 will
probably make the PSR obsolete in a very short period of time.

Jacek

0
Jacek
2/5/2003 6:43:55 PM
Well obsolete might be a bit strong. PSRs do have their charms. :-)

If the DataWindow is editable, changes can be made to the data and you
can save the DataWindow contents to other formats. I've seen some
pretty slick solutions implemented using PSRs.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:43:55 -0500, Jacek Furmankiewicz
<NOSPAM_jfurmankiewicz_AT_stssystems_DOT_com> wrote:

>JFuke wrote:
>> Hi there, I'm looking for PSR Viewer for SWT...any plan on it ?
>>
>> THanks
>
>None and I wouldn't count on it. The export to PDF available in PB9 will
>probably make the PSR obsolete in a very short period of time.
>
>Jacek

0
dfish
2/5/2003 7:30:24 PM
Dave Fish [Team Sybase] wrote:
> Well obsolete might be a bit strong. PSRs do have their charms. :-)
>
> If the DataWindow is editable, changes can be made to the data and you
> can save the DataWindow contents to other formats. I've seen some
> pretty slick solutions implemented using PSRs.

OK, for that, you're absolutely right. But for just saving the contents
and giving them to 3rd parties, then propably PDF will quickly dominate
(we already changed it to be the default file format in our "Save As"
window in the PB 9 beta version of our app)

Jacek

0
Jacek
2/5/2003 7:34:32 PM
hmm...in DataWindow, I can click on the column open another PSR viewer base
on the transactions that I have. I don't think PDF can do that. I even can
put a button in my report and allow the user to close up detail and become
a summary report. AND I don't think PDF can do that. :-)
I even make use of PSR to allow users to export and import the data. AND I
don't PDF can do that as well.

:-)

0
JDuke
2/6/2003 3:20:45 PM
No disrespect for SWT (as it is a great library and potentially Java's
last hope of still making an impact on the desktop), but let's be honest
here, the jury is still out whether it will make any impact in the
marketplace outside of Eclipse (not to mention there's still not even a
single book out on the topic and even IBM/OTI admits it's not quite
designed for use in stand-alone apps quite yet)

I'd rather see Sybase put its limited dev resources into something that
will give PB *real* benefits starting from day one, e.g. full
..Net/Windows.Forms port.

Jacek

0
Jacek