PowerBuilder . NET

What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ?

Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ??

Nestor

Nestor wrote:
> What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ?
>
> Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ??
>
> Thanks

MSIL.

--
Roy
0

Leon Habinsky.

"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:41855a69$1@forums-2-dub...
> Nestor wrote:
> > What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ?
> >
> > Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ??
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> MSIL.
>
> --
> Roy

0
Leon
11/1/2004 1:50:15 PM
Leon Habinsky wrote:
> It means I will be able to use assemblies written in any MSIL compliant
> language in PB and vice versa?
>
> Leon Habinsky.
>
> "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
> message news:41855a69$1@forums-2-dub...
>
>>Nestor wrote:
>>
>>>What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ?
>>>
>>>Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ??
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>MSIL.
>>
>>--
>>Roy

Where did you find ".NET Compiler under PB"? An article, ...?

Jason
0
Jason
11/1/2004 3:02:36 PM
Eventually, yes. I believe this is slated for post-PB11. You
should, however, be able to use assemblies created in PB
from any .NET-compliant language.

--
Roy

> It means I will be able to use assemblies written in any
> MSIL compliant language in PB and vice versa?
>
> Leon Habinsky.
>
> "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]"
> <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> > news:41855a69$1@forums-2-dub... Nestor wrote:
> > > What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ?
> > >
> > > Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ??
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > MSIL.
> >
> > --
> > Roy

0
Roy
11/1/2004 4:29:07 PM
Great! It is very promising.

Leon Habinsky.
<Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]> wrote in message
> Eventually, yes. I believe this is slated for post-PB11. You
> should, however, be able to use assemblies created in PB
> from any .NET-compliant language.
>
> --
> Roy
>
> > It means I will be able to use assemblies written in any
> > MSIL compliant language in PB and vice versa?
> >
> > Leon Habinsky.
> >
> > "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]"
> > <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in message

> > > MSIL.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Roy

0
Leon

Why Powerbuilder's future is .Net
Does Sybase think traditional PB need not to improve any more? ////////////////////////////////////// string ls_me ls_me = 'an honest PB customer' Choose case PBversion case < 'PB11' messagebox('Oh','I am be fed up with the ugly UI and I need B/S development') case 'PB11' #IF Defined PBNATIVE Then messagebox('God','any difference with PB6?') #Elseif Defined PBWEBFORM Then messagebox('Good','it is abstractive but performance need optimize') #Elseif Defined PBWINFORM Then ...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

POWERBUILDER FUTURE?
i am in Powerbuilder for past 4 Years.....currently i am in india. But my projects are in my last 4 years almost maintenance & migration to advanced techniques...almost zero development and the sad news is ,powerbuilder developers are very less when compared to advance techniques... u know the PB versions are also coming yearly once & introducing new concepts also almost not useful(i discussed with lot of PB developers almost they are not using the advance techniques) so everybody is going slowly out of PB technology... In india last few years Pb usage is re...

The Future of PowerBuilder
Hello! Earlier this year, I came across an article in one of the weekly industry newspapers that stated that Sybase was telling major customers that PowerBuilder will be discontinued after version 8.0. (I can't remember which newspaper had the story and I can't seem locate it by doing a Google search. But I'm not making this up - I really did see it.) At the PowerBuilder Information Site ( www.justpbinfo.com ) I came across the following article: ------------------------------------------------ The Future of PowerBuilder Is there life after PowerBuilder 8? Rum...

The future of Powerbuilder
I am looking for opinions and viewpoints. I think Powerbuilder has 2 distinct and quite different markets. The small to medium sized software market and corporate IT market. In the software market where results are easy to measure on the bottom line I think PB is doing just fine. The productivity, efficiency and swift development process suites that market just fine. Just keep your customers happy. I am amazed at what I have seen in PB based software packages considering the total lack of documentation. That speaks volume on the capabilities of PB if you just get into it. O...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks Bala wrote in message <#AImoYME$GA.270@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi, > >Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - >The Future of Powerbuilder? >Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Except you should not believe everything you read. I remember the mutterings after PB 6.5 and currently Sybase is shipping EAS which PB 7.0 forms part of. Again I was at Sybase TechW...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks ComputerWorld!!! What a piece of .... I haven't read the article, but I don't have to. I had a subscription to ComputerWorld once. ComputerWorld was one of the biggest fans of the Apple is dead movement. Guess they were wrong there... The journalism in that magazine is terrible. Over the course of a year subscription, I read most of the articles for about six months. Then I threw it away until the subscription ...

The future of PowerBuilder...
That subject line should get your attention. <g> I'm very pleased with the participation in this group. We've obviously provided a well for a very thirsty group of developers! As you may or may not know, PB 9 is about to go into Beta and the feature set has pretty much been frozen. I know a lot of these requests are for very useful features and hopefully many will some day be incorporated into PB. I don't know what can be done for PB 9 at this point. Just don't want to falsely get people's hopes up. What I would like to do, is raise the discussion to a h...

Powerbuilder or .Net
I have an old application that was written in Power++ (C++ tool with datawindows) It appears that the newer versions of Sybase SQL Anywhere may not be compatable with this old datawindow. The question is if i need to replace this application would it be better to use .NET or Powerbuilder. I know C++ and have never used Powerbuilder. My application uses several hundred datawindows so I was guessing that Powerbuilder may be an easier port. How difficult is it to learn Powerbuilder? Thanks TPS Option #1... Look at Datawindow.Net to port datawindows into a C# Framework. Datawin...

PowerBuilder.Net
I have mentioned this idea a couple of times but have not heard from any Sybase employees. I think that instead of spending a bunch of time and money adding .Net deployment to PowerBuilder they should instead create a brand new product called PowerBuilder.Net. PowerBuilder.Net would be a native .Net language that combined the best features of PowerBuilder ( DataWindow, the way inheritance works, etc ) with the .Net framework. Being able to reuse existing PB code in the new product isn't as important as being able to reuse developer knowledge. Allot of companies are c...

PowerBuilder.NET
What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? Thanks You should ask this over in the powerbuilder.future_directions section, not a PocketBuilder section. On 31 Oct 2004 04:05:31 -0700, "Nestor" <nesfree@hotmail.com> wrote: >What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? > >Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? > >Thanks > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on develo...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hello Every one!!, Could any body tell me for how long the demand for powerbuilder programmer exists... the recent trend shows everything is going on to be web dependendent. I'm bit worried ab't security of my job.. i'm with PB since the release of Ver.4.0.. and bit reluctant to leave PB now. could anybody suggest me whether should i move on to Java or simillar techonologies or should i get along with PB?? Please respond to me... Thanks!! Regards, Dhawan. It never hurts to expand your skillset by picking up new languages. PowerBuilder is still going strong, Syb...

PowerBuilder future
I wonder what is the future of PB. I have just saw an article which Jhon Chen (Sybase CEO) says the following: According to Chen the company had become over-diversified, and lost sight of its core competencies. "A lot of our businesses were very inefficient," he explains. "I was asking, 'why are you doing this?' You know we had an SAP consulting business - what for? We had a product that competed with Microsoft Visual Basic - what for? I had to get rid of some bits and pieces." In my understanding, the only Sybase product that have competed with VB is...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder . NET - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles