Plans for PowerBuilder 11.1 and 11.1.1

I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
Vista

Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
..NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
replace the IE Web Controls.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase
-1
Dave

Good grief ! Informix 10 finally !!! ... Now that version 11 is almost
out there.

Well That's good news.

J.

Dave Fish [TeamSybase] escribi�:
> I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
> Vista
>
> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
> replace the IE Web Controls.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase

0
Jean
7/7/2007 4:16:31 PM
Informix 10 support may actually be included in an EBF as I believe
the coding work is done and it just needs to go through testing. I'll
ask the developer to start working on Informix 11 support. :-)

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 7 Jul 2007 09:16:31 -0700, Jean Sagi <jeansagi@myrealbox.com>
wrote:

>Good grief ! Informix 10 finally !!! ... Now that version 11 is almost
>out there.
>
>Well That's good news.
>

>J.
>

>Dave Fish [TeamSybase] escribi�:
>> I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
>> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
>> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
>> Vista
>>
>> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
>> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
>> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
>> replace the IE Web Controls.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase

1
Dave
7/7/2007 4:24:29 PM
Those RAD controls for Web Forms apps, are those going to be the telerik
(spelling) ones?

Dave Fish [TeamSybase] wrote:
> I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
> Vista
>
> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
> replace the IE Web Controls.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
0
Troy
7/7/2007 11:27:57 PM
Yes, if we can finalize the license agreement with them. That's one of
the reasons they didn't make it into the GA version. They are a small
company but they have done some great things with web controls.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 7 Jul 2007 16:27:57 -0700, Troy <troy-no-spam@onesplace.com> wrote:

>Those RAD controls for Web Forms apps, are those going to be the telerik
>(spelling) ones?
>
>Dave Fish [TeamSybase] wrote:
>> I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
>> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
>> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
>> Vista
>>
>> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
>> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
>> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
>> replace the IE Web Controls.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
0
Dave
7/8/2007 2:30:51 AM
 > I'll ask the developer to start working on Informix 11 support. :-)

Informix 11 has really cool new features. Nice to see it supported in pb.

J.

Dave Fish [TeamSybase] escribi�:
> Informix 10 support may actually be included in an EBF as I believe
> the coding work is done and it just needs to go through testing. I'll
> ask the developer to start working on Informix 11 support. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> On 7 Jul 2007 09:16:31 -0700, Jean Sagi <jeansagi@myrealbox.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Good grief ! Informix 10 finally !!! ... Now that version 11 is almost
>> out there.
>>
>> Well That's good news.
>>

>> J.
>>

>> Dave Fish [TeamSybase] escribi�:
>>
>>> I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
>>> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
>>> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
>>> Vista
>>>
>>> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
>>> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
>>> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
>>> replace the IE Web Controls.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave Fish
>>> Sybase

0
Jean
7/8/2007 12:20:16 PM
Will the PB 11 user get the 11.1 and 11.1.1 upgrade?

"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
> Vista
>
> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
> replace the IE Web Controls.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase

0
TOMMS
7/9/2007 3:39:28 AM
Yes, these upgrades will be available for downloads by anyone who has
11.0.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 8 Jul 2007 20:39:28 -0700, "TOMMS" <h_choon@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Will the PB 11 user get the 11.1 and 11.1.1 upgrade?
>
>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>>I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
>> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
>> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
>> Vista
>>
>> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
>> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
>> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
>> replace the IE Web Controls.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase

0
Dave
7/9/2007 4:12:42 AM
will that be for winforms as well?
thanks
vsv
> Yes, if we can finalize the license agreement with them. That's one of
> the reasons they didn't make it into the GA version. They are a small
> company but they have done some great things with web controls.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> On 7 Jul 2007 16:27:57 -0700, Troy <troy-no-spam@onesplace.com> wrote:
>
>>Those RAD controls for Web Forms apps, are those going to be the telerik
>>(spelling) ones?
>>
>>Dave Fish [TeamSybase] wrote:
>>> I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
>>> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
>>> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
>>> Vista
>>>
>>> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
>>> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
>>> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
>>> replace the IE Web Controls.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave Fish
>>> Sybase

0
vsv
7/9/2007 8:16:54 AM
No - these are replacements for the IE Web Controls only.

On 9 Jul 2007 01:16:54 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>will that be for winforms as well?
>thanks
>vsv
>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, if we can finalize the license agreement with them. That's one of
>> the reasons they didn't make it into the GA version. They are a small
>> company but they have done some great things with web controls.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> On 7 Jul 2007 16:27:57 -0700, Troy <troy-no-spam@onesplace.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Those RAD controls for Web Forms apps, are those going to be the telerik
>>>(spelling) ones?

0
Jim
7/9/2007 4:12:36 PM
We are just starting a project in Smart Client in .NET.
We haven't crystalized on the front end yet.
However, seriously we are trying to move away from PB for marketability,
developer shortage, presentation that looks too old.
We will be able to stick to DW.NET but the capabilities compared to
Infragistics and other .NET control providers is dismal with DW.NET.
It would make sense if any of those cute controls are integrated into
DW.NET.
Obviously that is not going to be the case.
Also all the control providers are on par with .NET release schedule &
support WPF.
DW.NET will be in a year or 2. It is still doing catchup that will not help
us.
vsv

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> No - these are replacements for the IE Web Controls only.
>
> On 9 Jul 2007 01:16:54 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>will that be for winforms as well?
>>thanks
>>vsv
>>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes, if we can finalize the license agreement with them. That's one of
>>> the reasons they didn't make it into the GA version. They are a small
>>> company but they have done some great things with web controls.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave Fish
>>> Sybase

0
vsv
7/9/2007 4:25:46 PM
"marketability, developer shortage, presentation that looks
too old."

Slapping technology into PB will not solve any of these
MAJOR issues.

The first 2 are Sybases responsibility.  The 3rd could be
well on its way to being solved in the client server space
with Felix and Kodigo added to PB.

If you need cute controls then use Infragistics.  The
purpose of the datawindow isnt as 'cute controls'. Gee you
cant really use the datawindow when Autocad is what you need
or you cant really use the datawindow when Visio is what you
need... etc etc.

However since graphing is an important business function,
that must be upgraded.

> We are just starting a project in Smart Client in .NET.
> We haven't crystalized on the front end yet.
> However, seriously we are trying to move away from PB for
> marketability,  developer shortage, presentation that
> looks too old. We will be able to stick to DW.NET but the
> capabilities compared to  Infragistics and other .NET
> control providers is dismal with DW.NET. It would make
> sense if any of those cute controls are integrated into
> DW.NET. Obviously that is not going to be the case.
> Also all the control providers are on par with .NET
> release schedule &  support WPF.
> DW.NET will be in a year or 2. It is still doing catchup
> that will not help  us.
> vsv
>
> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> > No - these are replacements for the IE Web Controls
> only. >
> > On 9 Jul 2007 01:16:54 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com>
> wrote: >
> >>will that be for winforms as well?
> >>thanks
> >>vsv
> >>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com>
> wrote in message
> >>news:31j0931fov8bh4giq5254g87mq7rnkrm80@4ax.com... >>>
> Yes, if we can finalize the license agreement with them.
> That's one of >>> the reasons they didn't make it into the
> GA version. They are a small >>> company but they have
> done some great things with web controls. >>>

> to be the telerik >>>>(spelling) ones?

> release for November >>>>> of this year and the new
> features will be Incremental compile for .NET >>>>>
> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA
> testing on >>>>> Vista

> that adds AJAX >>>>> Support for Web Forms applications
> (to minimize postbacks), EAServer >>>>> .NET Client
> support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to >>>>>
> replace the IE Web Controls. >>>>>

0
Bob
7/9/2007 5:14:39 PM
Dave,
I have been working with PB since version 3.0 and the only thing that I
would ask from Sybase would be to add some stability to a version before
they put it out on the market.

I have just finished loading V11 and if you open a nvo based on the
transaction object and close it then click on it again. You get blown out of
Powerbuilder with a error message An unhandled win32 exception occurred in
pb110.exe [3552]. The way that this version is looking it is less stable
than version 7 which would GPF 10 -15 times aday. That is not quality in my
book.

You call customer support with a true issue such as this and they want you
to pay to find a work around or a fix. I guess this is the only way that
Sybase can make any money it is not going to get new users with stablitiy
issues such as this. When you do call and start a issue the screw around
until you basically give up with no solution from them but they still keep
you $250.

What is going to happen when Sybase finally kills enough of the old time die
hard PB developers?

-Jim
"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November
> of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET
> targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on
> Vista
>
> Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX
> Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer
> .NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to
> replace the IE Web Controls.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase

0
Jim
7/11/2007 4:16:37 PM
"Jim Schneider" <Jim@onfinal.com> wrote in message
> What is going to happen when Sybase finally kills enough of the old time
> die hard PB developers?
>
> -Jim

Where have you been for the last couple of years? That already happened...

0
Philip
7/11/2007 5:20:18 PM
> Dave,

<snip>

> I have just finished loading V11 and if you open a nvo based on the
> transaction object and close it then click on it again. You get blown out
> of Powerbuilder with a error message An unhandled win32 exception occurred
> in pb110.exe [3552]. The way that this version is looking it is less
> stable than version 7 which would GPF 10 -15 times aday. That is not
> quality in my book.

I can't recreate that error.  Must be some other factor involved...

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Paul
7/11/2007 6:29:55 PM
Paul
OS is xp latest service pack
Steps
I have installed Powerbuilder 11.0 from a download from Sybase.
Inherited an object from the PFC transaction object named it nvo_trans.
Inherited an nvo_trans to a object named nvo_user_trans.
open that object in the painter
close it
click on the object again in the system tree and like clockwork I am kicked
out.

I have actually remove pb11.0 and 10.5 and reinstalled pb 11.0 for a second
time
with the same results.
It is just frustrating
-J

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <phoran AT sybase DOT com> wrote in message

> "Jim Schneider" <Jim@onfinal.com> wrote in message
>> Dave,
>
> <snip>
>
>> I have just finished loading V11 and if you open a nvo based on the
>> transaction object and close it then click on it again. You get blown out
>> of Powerbuilder with a error message An unhandled win32 exception
>> occurred in pb110.exe [3552]. The way that this version is looking it is
>> less stable than version 7 which would GPF 10 -15 times aday. That is not
>> quality in my book.
>>

> I can't recreate that error.  Must be some other factor involved...
>
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Jim
7/12/2007 12:28:48 AM
I agree with you whole heartily and I am just about to that point.
It is totally ridicules and it will be blamed on the OS like most of the
problems that
you report to $ybase.

"Philip Salgannik" <PhilipSalgannik@work.com> wrote in message

> "Jim Schneider" <Jim@onfinal.com> wrote in message
>> What is going to happen when Sybase finally kills enough of the old time
>> die hard PB developers?
>>
>> -Jim
>
> Where have you been for the last couple of years? That already happened...

0
Jim
7/12/2007 12:31:21 AM
I'm not having luck reproducing it either. There must be some other
causal factor. Here's some questions running through my mind:

- Are you able to reproduce it in some other app (like a PFC sample app)?

- What type of target are you in? (WinForms? WebForms? PBWin32?)

- What is the application's transaction object (SQLCA) type?

- What method are you using to inherit? (menu/dialog, RMB on the system
tree)

- If you export the object that crashes it (and anywhere up the
inheritance tree) does anything look exceptional? (maybe that's assuming
you look at a lot of transaction object exports <g>)

- Is there something in your n_tr (I'm assuming that's what you mean by
"PFC transaction object")? If you clear it out, do you get the same
problems? (If there's something in there, knowing your DBMS may be
important)

You've obviously got a problem. If we can figure out what the causal
factors are, we can get a reproduction to Sybase and get it in their
development queue.

Let us know,

--
*********************************
PowerBuilder for $95? No.

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
7/12/2007 2:47:20 PM
Terry,
Try the same using the "Peat" PFC application with the same results.
This time I just tried to open the w_r_actuals window and it blows.
I don't even need to try a transaction object and your right I look at
exported transaction objects almost daily <G>
I am going to try to regen the entire project and see if that helps
Thanks
-J

"Terry Voth [TeamSybase]" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> *** For a limited time, use promotion code MP20224C to get a $10 (USD)
> discount
> on a complete new or renewal membership
>
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungry
> http://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox

0
Jim

Web resources about - Plans for PowerBuilder 11.1 and 11.1.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles