InfoMaker - Changing Graph Object (bars, slice, etc.) Colors

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.  If not,
please tell me were I should post it.

We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and
InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users.  Our development
language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on
getting it.

After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed
here by Sybase Tech Support.

We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify
which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph.

Currently we can't (or don't know how to) do this.

Thanks

Scott Huerta
Distinctive Solutions Corporation
Scott Huerta
Distinctive Solutions Corp.
0
Scott

The whole graphing engine needs to be revamped.  I'm all in favour!

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com
"Scott Huerta" <scott@dissol.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.  If not,
> please tell me were I should post it.
>
> We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and
> InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users.  Our development
> language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on
> getting it.
>
> After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed
> here by Sybase Tech Support.
>
> We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify
> which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph.
>
> Currently we can't (or don't know how to) do this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott Huerta
> Distinctive Solutions Corporation
> Scott Huerta
> Distinctive Solutions Corp.

0
Terry
2/16/2006 9:00:17 PM
One copy of PowerBuilder would give you the capability to write code
to manipulate the colors to use for each bar, slice, etc.

The graphing package does need to be updated and a good enhancement
would be to allow users to specify colors in the DataWindow painter.
Please enter it as an enhancement request at www.sybase.com/support

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 16 Feb 2006 12:04:22 -0800, Scott Huerta <scott@dissol.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.  If not,
>please tell me were I should post it.
>
>We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and
>InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users.  Our development
>language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on
>getting it.
>
>After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed
>here by Sybase Tech Support.
>
>We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify
>which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph.
>
>Currently we can't (or don't know how to) do this.
>
>Thanks
>
>Scott Huerta
>Distinctive Solutions Corporation
>Scott Huerta
>Distinctive Solutions Corp.

0
dfish
2/16/2006 11:53:28 PM
Dave,

It's time that Sybase recognizes that IM needs to be able to stand on its
own feet.  The stock answer 'use PB to do this' just doesn't cut it.  Scott
Huerta's dilemma  is a prime example.

--

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> One copy of PowerBuilder would give you the capability to write code
> to manipulate the colors to use for each bar, slice, etc.
>
> The graphing package does need to be updated and a good enhancement
> would be to allow users to specify colors in the DataWindow painter.
> Please enter it as an enhancement request at www.sybase.com/support
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> On 16 Feb 2006 12:04:22 -0800, Scott Huerta <scott@dissol.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.  If not,
> >please tell me were I should post it.
> >
> >We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and
> >InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users.  Our development
> >language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on
> >getting it.
> >
> >After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed
> >here by Sybase Tech Support.
> >
> >We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify
> >which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph.
> >
> >Currently we can't (or don't know how to) do this.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Scott Huerta
> >Distinctive Solutions Corporation
> >Scott Huerta
> >Distinctive Solutions Corp.

0
Terry
2/17/2006 12:15:14 AM
I understand and agree. I was just trying to offer an immediate
solution. Enhancement are needed, however I believe that some people
(not participating in this thread, BTW) expect PowerBuilder
functionality in a $195 product.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 16 Feb 2006 16:15:14 -0800, "Terry Dykstra"
<tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote:

>Dave,
>
>It's time that Sybase recognizes that IM needs to be able to stand on its
>own feet.  The stock answer 'use PB to do this' just doesn't cut it.  Scott
>Huerta's dilemma  is a prime example.
>
>--
>Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>http://www.pb9books.com
>product enhancement requests:
>http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

>"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
>> One copy of PowerBuilder would give you the capability to write code
>> to manipulate the colors to use for each bar, slice, etc.
>>
>> The graphing package does need to be updated and a good enhancement
>> would be to allow users to specify colors in the DataWindow painter.
>> Please enter it as an enhancement request at www.sybase.com/support
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> On 16 Feb 2006 12:04:22 -0800, Scott Huerta <scott@dissol.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.  If not,
>> >please tell me were I should post it.
>> >
>> >We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and
>> >InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users.  Our development
>> >language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on
>> >getting it.
>> >
>> >After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed
>> >here by Sybase Tech Support.
>> >
>> >We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify
>> >which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph.
>> >
>> >Currently we can't (or don't know how to) do this.
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >
>> >Scott Huerta
>> >Distinctive Solutions Corporation
>> >Scott Huerta
>> >Distinctive Solutions Corp.

0
dfish
2/17/2006 1:51:31 AM
Scott,

Can you contact me offline?  You email server is rejecting the
scott@dissol.com address.
Remove the dontreply_ and .x from my e-mail.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com
product enhancement requests:
"Scott Huerta" <scott@dissol.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.  If not,
> please tell me were I should post it.
>
> We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and
> InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users.  Our development
> language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on
> getting it.
>
> After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed
> here by Sybase Tech Support.
>
> We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify
> which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph.
>
> Currently we can't (or don't know how to) do this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott Huerta
> Distinctive Solutions Corporation
> Scott Huerta
> Distinctive Solutions Corp.

0
Terry

Graphs in a composite datawindow object
I have produced a number of datawindow objects of presentation style GRAPH and data source of Stored Procedure. The graph type is COLUMN and there is a Series of data presented (i.e., multple columns per category value). The colors chosen for these bars are; RED, GREEN, etc. My client does not like the fact that we are presenting column(bar) charts with Red, Green bars. (Note: a fairly common form of color blindness among men Red/Green color blindness.) How can I control the selection of color for the bars. Oh, one more piece of the puzzle. These graphic datawindow objects are...

graph modify bar in bar graph
Hello all, I have one stacked bar chart, and I need to modify one or more of those bars on click. The goal is to enhance the clicked bar, so it sort of stands out from the rest. I would like to do this without changing the color of the bar. Does anyone know of a way of doing this? I am using PowerBuilder 10.5 Thank you You're best bet would probably be to use a 3rd party graphing component. On 7/30/2010 9:21 AM, HA wrote: > Hello all, > > I have one stacked bar chart, and I need to modify one or > more of those bars on click. The goal is to enhance the ...

How to display series totals on graph object 3d object bar
I have created a graphic object on a window. I have it working almost the way that I want it to work with the exception of displaying the totals of the series on the appropriate bar sections. The total of the series can be up to 300,000. I show four different series with the bar graph, but it is impossible to know the total for each series in each category. In Excel, you can configure a 3d bar graph to display the total for each series by category. I cannot find the corresponding property in the graph object. Has anyone done this before? How do you accomplish this? ...

Color for graph object.
Dear Experts! I have a Window with a simple "column" type graph object, which has 3 series. By default they are red, green and blue. Is it possible to change these colors (may be dynamically) without PFC tools? Regards, Serguei. Hi, I have developed a PFC service for this ( check my site for the graphics service ). You can extract the color changing part from it. HTH -- Met vriendelijke groet, - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Serguei...

GRAPH BAR COLORS
How can I change the "properties" of a graph so that the bars are solid black, rather than red (the default)? I am running this graph in "preview" mode, then printing it, so no script is used as would normally be the case if I placed this graph on a window, etc. When I print a graph with red bars, my printer translates this to several thin lines within the bar, and that looks terrible. Please respond via E-mail to ... Chodges@svm-us.com Thanks! --------------D4AD430A2D4984E4D3EC6363 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Enc...

Graph
I have a simple bar graph that only displays 1 bar per category axis label. It is always red, but my users want blue because it has to do with water usage. Is there anyway to change it? Not using only PowerBuilder. I haven't tried it but you could try and use one of the components or OLE. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Patty Brown-Gierga <Patty.Brown@EWEB.Eugene.OR.US> wrote in article <357C4FA1.4FF1@EWEB.Eugene.OR.US>... > I have a simple bar graph that only displays 1 bar per category axis > label. It is always red, but my users want blue because it...

Graph Bar-Color
Is it possible to change the Color of 3D-Grap-Bars in a Graph-DW. I couldn't find any way to change the default colors. Thank's axel Axel, You can use the Setseries style and set the foreground color to the color you want. example long line_color line_colr = RGB(255,0, 0) dw_control.SetSeriesStyle("graph_name", "Seriesname", Foreground!, line_color) where graph_name - Name of the graph and not the control Seriesname - The value for the column as stored in database You can code the above in a user event for pbm_dwngraphcreate which fir...

No Color in Bar Graphs
I'm sure I am missing something simple. I have 2 machines A and B. I generate an app with a bar chart on machine A. When I run the EXE and the source code on machine A, the graph shows up in color. When I send the EXE to machine B, the graph is in patterns that represent the colors. Any ideas? Tim Kelly AMS Fairfax, VA timothy_kelly@mail.amsinc.com Do both machines have the same video resolution and color settings? Regards, Dave Fish [Team Powersoft] On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:45:34 -0500, "Timothy Kelly" <timothy_kelly@mail.amsinc.com> wrote: >...

Bar Graph Color
Is there anyway to change the color of the bars on a bar graph? We have a simple bar graph that displays one bar per category access and the users would like to have it display in blue as opposed to the default red color. Not that I am aware of. You might want to consider using an OLE presentation style report using Excel Graph. -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Patty Brown-Gierga wrote in message <3580189E.3EA4@EWEB.Eugene.OR.US>... >Is there anyway to change the color of the bars on a bar graph? We have >a simple bar graph that displays one bar p...

Printing a bar graph in color
Hey. Just trying to get a bar graph printed in color using PB8.0.3. In the datawindow preview it shows up with it's default red color. However when i print, the bar comes out with some lines and no color. Any ideas? Just to be more clear on the problem. I want to be able to print these graphs to a black & white laser printer. "Karega Anglin" <kanglin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:44c122bf@forums-2-dub... > Hey. Just trying to get a bar graph printed in color using PB8.0.3. In the > datawindow preview it shows up with it's default red colo...

resizing the Bars on the Bar graph
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------038598C3C0E2814A78387BE8 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------F94323D490EB82F4BDCC7AD7" --------------F94323D490EB82F4BDCC7AD7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone know how to change the width of the bars in a bar graph. For instance see attached ppt file. Thanks Ed Janek U.S Army (LSSC) ejanek@st-louis-emh2.army.mil 314-331-4386 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------F94323D490EB...

Bar Code object in PowerBuilder 9.03
Hello all...I am generating a list of patients from a PowerBuilder canned report. This list if fine and all the patients show up properly. My only question is whether it is possible in PowerBuilder 9.03 to create a BarCode next to each patient in order to scan in data to another system. Would you know if PowerBuilder 9.03 has this capability? We are using Sybase ASA version 9.0.2 Yes, all you need to do is install and use a barcode font. Just create a column that contains the information to appear in the barcode and use the barcode font for that column and you are all set. Rega...

Is there a way to draw bar graph with two colors?
Hi All, I am currently working a project using ASP.NET Time Tracker starter Kit. I could come across bar charts but couldn't find a way to draw each bar with two colors. Our requirement is.. we need to show bar chart with billable hours and non billable hours for each day in a week with different colors. I couldn't find a way to do this. Also I tried two separate bar for billable hours and non billable hours. This can be achieved but some issues are there such as there is one limitation that we can draw maximum up to 12 bars...but we have 7 days * 2 bars requires 14 bar...

How to hide browser's standard buttons bar, address bar, status bar, menu bar, etc.?
How can I hide browser's standard buttons, address bar, status bar, menu bar, etc. in my program? Some web sites can just show title bar and browser's border when we access them. Some web sites can hide the browser and just show the web content. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks! Charlie you can do that window.open javascript do a search on googleJean-Francois Borie"Jef"...

fonts are too small on menu bar,navigation bar, status bar etc
Name: Jim Email: Katsios Product: Firefox Summary: fonts are too small on menu bar,navigation bar, status bar etc Comments: Please make these fonts adjustable so they are bigger. Most people over 40 have difficulty seeing them. Thanks Jim K Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 GTB7.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - InfoMaker - Changing Graph Object (bars, slice, etc.) Colors - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

3i Infotech - Sitemap
3i Infotech - Sitemap

Sitemap - SAP Help Portal Page
The Best-Run Businesses Run SAP Search All Go Sitemap Global Search Help Portal More portals for customers and partners SAP Community Network ...

Sybase Software Downloads and Code Samples - Database and Mobility Software - Sybase Inc
The business intelligence and database management software download center offers various Sybase software downloads and code samples. For more ...

United States Patent: 8463736
Scheuermann, P., J. Shim and R. Vingralek "WATCHMAN: A Data Warehouse Intelligent Cache Manager", Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference ...

Jenzabar :: Sybase
Sybase delivers end-to-end solutions including enterprise infrastructure business solutions, mobile software solutions for information management, ...

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Product Data Sheets - Sybase Inc
switch to mobile view Worldwide [change] Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany ...