Grid - Allow multiple detail band columns and computes in same column

I would like to be able to NOT have the GRID datawindow force a new column
if I want to have columns and/or computed fields 'stacked' in the detail
band.

Example:

Actual:    100
Budget:     90
Variance  10

where the 100, 90 are database columns and the 10 is a computed column, but
they are all in the same grid column in the detail band.

I think so - everything is a 'column'

Example, in the grid header band you can have database column and compute
columns one above the other in the same grid column area.  You can not do
this in the detail band.

"N�stor Marcel S�nchez Ahumada" <nmsa@terra.cl> wrote in message
> do you mean a grid column composed of columns and/or computed fields?
>
> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> > I would like to be able to NOT have the GRID datawindow force a new
column
> > if I want to have columns and/or computed fields 'stacked' in the detail
> > band.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > Actual:    100
> > Budget:     90
> > Variance  10
> >
> > where the 100, 90 are database columns and the 10 is a computed column,
> but
> > they are all in the same grid column in the detail band.

do you mean a grid column composed of columns and/or computed fields?

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> I would like to be able to NOT have the GRID datawindow force a new column
> if I want to have columns and/or computed fields 'stacked' in the detail
> band.
>
> Example:
>
> Actual:    100
> Budget:     90
> Variance  10
>
> where the 100, 90 are database columns and the 10 is a computed column,
but
> they are all in the same grid column in the detail band.

got your point. And agree.

> I think so - everything is a 'column'
>
> Example, in the grid header band you can have database column and compute
> columns one above the other in the same grid column area.  You can not do
> this in the detail band.
>

> "N�stor Marcel S�nchez Ahumada" <nmsa@terra.cl> wrote in message
> > do you mean a grid column composed of columns and/or computed fields?
> >
> > "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> > > I would like to be able to NOT have the GRID datawindow force a new
> column
> > > if I want to have columns and/or computed fields 'stacked' in the
detail
> > > band.
> > >
> > > Example:
> > >
> > > Actual:    100
> > > Budget:     90
> > > Variance  10
> > >
> > > where the 100, 90 are database columns and the 10 is a computed
column,
> > but
> > > they are all in the same grid column in the detail band.

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

in a grid how to find a particular column is bound column or template column
hi,  Any one know how to find a particular column is bound column or template column or button column,etc in a grid Advance thanks   hi...use this dim label1 as Label=ctype(GridView1.FindControl("name"),Label) Hope This HelpsBhaaratRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps UMy Blog find a particular column is bound column or template column no to find that particular column  Hi,please excuse me if iam wrong.i found that bount columns values are directly renders to a <td>  where template columns create some cont...

computing fields from column to column
Hello dw-experts! I have a weird problem designing a report: I want to balance a cash account (dictionary!). So I have an initial amount of money and a variying number of vouchers. Now I'd like to compute the new bookstock for every voucher. e.g. intial amount: � 100,-- voucher in/out amount stock old stock new voucher 1 IN � 15,-- � 100,-- � 115,-- voucher 2 OUT � 10,-- � 115,-- � 105,-- I already realized this using a temp-table but to prefent the use of temp-tables and for other reasons I'd like this to be computed within ...

Split One Column into multiple columns
Hi all, I have a requirement like this  , I have Address Column.It is containing data like Mr. K KK Tank Guntur Jal Bhavan, Univercity Road, Rajkot 9843563469 I have to split this into 3 more columns like(Address1,name,phoneno)-- Means i have 4 columns including Address Column.(Address,Address1,name,phoneno)   Example: Address:Rajkot Address1:Univercity Road Name:Mr. K KK Tank Guntur Jal Bhavan PhoneNO:9843563469   How can i acheive this one with out data lose in Address Column. Thanks in advance.      G.JaganMohanRaoMumbaiIndia If t...

How To set value of a column from a computed column
PB 5.0 I use the following statement: dw_1.object.share_cost.data[1,ll_row]=dw_1.object.a_share_cost.data[1,ll_row ] then it occur errors 'Error accessing external object property data' If I use getitemnumber function to access each row it is OK but it is too slow. How to fast the process? Jimmy April 28,2000 Hi Jimmy, This error could for one of the following reasons. 1)There may be a datatype mismatch on a column when copying. 2)Number of columns in each datawindow may not match. 3)One of the columns may have the value(Number)> 32k. PB 5.0 has a bug in dot ...

SQL,Make Multiple values for multiple columns into one column separated by comma
Hi, I'm getting the result as this Name       Class       Subject------------------------------------------Anju         10             MathsAnju         10             Physics How to write the query to get the result like this Name       Class       Subjects------------...

split single column into multiple column
 Hi all,I have table with 2 columns as shown below...id     products_list  1    a,b,c2     d,e,f3     g,h,iNow I need a query which will ouput the result as below...id     products_list1    products_list2       products_list3  1    a                      b                    &...

Display Multiple Columns into One Column
My first ASP.NET/SQL project. I'm creating an Asset Management DB. I wish to view the Asset number, the full name of the user it's assigned to and the Make and Model of each record in the DB. However assets are split into different categories e.g. monitors, PCs, Preinters etc. and they are all in different tables. The SQL below displays the asset number, Name of person assigned and the model of the asset. SELECT Hardware.AssetNo, [User].FullName, MonitorModel.Model, PCModel.Model AS Expr1, PrinterModel.Model AS Expr2 FROM Hardware INNER JOIN [User] ON Hardware.UserID = [User].User...

using DataTable.Compute to compute totals for multiple columns
I have a web page for generating reports based on user input and displaying the data in web grids. What I'm trying to do is take something like a Fact table that contains totals by Carrier, Cost Center, Account, and Year, and all the months as columns. The combination of filters will depend on user input. I'm trying to use a statement like: object objSum; objSum = dt.Compute("Sum(January), Sum(February), Sum(March), Sum(April), Sum(May), Sum(June), Sum(July), Sum(August), Sum(September), Sum(October), Sum(November), Sum(December)", "Service = 'Mobile' AND Account = '4-0823238' AND Carrier ...

alignment of detail in each column did not match with column header.
I used code list bellow to export cr to excel. The problem is the alignment of detail in each column did not match with column header. In report design view, they are all match. Is there any way to fix it? ..... ExpOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Excel ExpOptions.FormatOptions = New ExcelFormatOptions Dim req As New ExportRequestContext req.ExportInfo = ExpOptions 'Dim s As Stream 's = Rpt.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(req) Dim strExportFile, strFileId As String strFileId = HttpContext.Current.S...

Create multiple datagrid columns from single column
I have a datagrid that generates a single column of data that is extremely long. I'd like to find a method to create multiple columns from the single column so the data is easier to read. I have tried the DIV method to create a scroll bar, but it's still a single column of data. The other goal is to make the data printable. If I can crop the column when it hits the bottom of the page, and then start it again on a new column it will be easier to read and printable. Is this possible? Should I be using a different control other than a datagrid? Thanks!------------------------------...

Using the column value of another row in computed column.
Hi fellow PBer's, I am having trouble figuring out how to reference the column value of a specific row. In the computed columns property sheet, I select the "More" button to modify the columns expression. The way I understand help is to specify columnname[integer] where integer is the number of rows (positive or negative) relative to the current row (ie Total[-1] would be the value of the Total column in the previous row. However, I cant seem to get this to compile in the modify expression painter. I am using PB5.0 on Win95. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Displaying a single Data Window Column in multiple columns
I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Yehuda Newspaper columns? Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>... >I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using >Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple >columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help >would be appreciated. >Thanks >Yehuda &...

validation columns against column
Hi  Do anybody know some articles or codeexample of how to validate columns against a input Column. B can be > A and B can be < C. If you in row ID write 55 for Column_B, it must be reject.example:ID        column_A  Column_B   Column_C1              3               10             152         &...

Web resources about - Grid - Allow multiple detail band columns and computes in same column - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Sydney Trains missed multiple chances to avoid Edgecliff derailment, says ATSB report
... has highlighted concerns about a focus on a &quot;can-do culture&quot; rather than safety. Sydney Trains staff and senior managers missed multiple ...

Facebook Adds Multiple Matching Options for Custom Audiences
Facebook has added real-time matching across multiple data types to its custom audiences ad-targeting tool. The social network said in a Facebook ...

Multiple explosions kill at least seven near Baghdad
Multiple explosions kill at least seven near Baghdad

Meet the man who made "multiple six figures" in 5 days — playing daily fantasy sports
In the world of daily fantasy sports, there are two types of games: cash games and tournaments. Cash games can be head-to-head against one person, ...

Adult film star James Deen responds to multiple assault allegations
View image - gettyimages.com The following story is not for readers under 18 James Deen is probably the most famous adult film star working ...

Multiple Victims In San Bernadino Mass Shooting; 1-3 Shooters Sought
When is it enough to actually do something? Fuck the NRA. Fuck the Republican party and the right wing hate machine. Those Syrian refugees might ...

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside
The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside of bars and one of their only competent ...

Bluestacks now runs multiple Android apps on Windows simultaneously
Bluestacks has come a long way since its original app player in 2011, which was notable for being one of the first methods for running Android ...

Does China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) Have Any Gas After Forming This Multiple Bottom ...
Does China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) Have Any Gas After Forming This Multiple Bottom ... FinancialMagazin.com The stock of China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) ...