finally cloud computing explained....

http://www.softdevtube.com/2010/10/13/what-the-is-cloud-computing/ :-)
0
Anders

Hi Anders;

Now that's cute!

PS: A good pizza though uses Canadian back bacon.  :-)

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Anders Karlsson"  wrote in message

http://www.softdevtube.com/2010/10/13/what-the-is-cloud-computing/ :-)

0
Chris

The future of Powerbuilder
I am looking for opinions and viewpoints. I think Powerbuilder has 2 distinct and quite different markets. The small to medium sized software market and corporate IT market. In the software market where results are easy to measure on the bottom line I think PB is doing just fine. The productivity, efficiency and swift development process suites that market just fine. Just keep your customers happy. I am amazed at what I have seen in PB based software packages considering the total lack of documentation. That speaks volume on the capabilities of PB if you just get into it. O...

PowerBuilder in the Cloud
one of the features of the 12.5 mentioned on the PB roadmap from Techwave 2010 (which I missed) is: PowerBuilder in the Cloud What does that mean? Retired and in Heaven I guess :-)))) "PBUser" <pbuser@none.com> wrote in message news:4c6ae179$1@forums-1-dub... > one of the features of the 12.5 mentioned on the PB roadmap from Techwave > 2010 (which I missed) is: > PowerBuilder in the Cloud > > What does that mean? > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing What specifically it means wasn't outlined, but I would a...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hello Every one!!, Could any body tell me for how long the demand for powerbuilder programmer exists... the recent trend shows everything is going on to be web dependendent. I'm bit worried ab't security of my job.. i'm with PB since the release of Ver.4.0.. and bit reluctant to leave PB now. could anybody suggest me whether should i move on to Java or simillar techonologies or should i get along with PB?? Please respond to me... Thanks!! Regards, Dhawan. It never hurts to expand your skillset by picking up new languages. PowerBuilder is still going strong, Syb...

POWERBUILDER FUTURE?
i am in Powerbuilder for past 4 Years.....currently i am in india. But my projects are in my last 4 years almost maintenance & migration to advanced techniques...almost zero development and the sad news is ,powerbuilder developers are very less when compared to advance techniques... u know the PB versions are also coming yearly once & introducing new concepts also almost not useful(i discussed with lot of PB developers almost they are not using the advance techniques) so everybody is going slowly out of PB technology... In india last few years Pb usage is re...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks ComputerWorld!!! What a piece of .... I haven't read the article, but I don't have to. I had a subscription to ComputerWorld once. ComputerWorld was one of the biggest fans of the Apple is dead movement. Guess they were wrong there... The journalism in that magazine is terrible. Over the course of a year subscription, I read most of the articles for about six months. Then I threw it away until the subscription ...

The future of PowerBuilder...
That subject line should get your attention. <g> I'm very pleased with the participation in this group. We've obviously provided a well for a very thirsty group of developers! As you may or may not know, PB 9 is about to go into Beta and the feature set has pretty much been frozen. I know a lot of these requests are for very useful features and hopefully many will some day be incorporated into PB. I don't know what can be done for PB 9 at this point. Just don't want to falsely get people's hopes up. What I would like to do, is raise the discussion to a h...

PowerBuilder future
I wonder what is the future of PB. I have just saw an article which Jhon Chen (Sybase CEO) says the following: According to Chen the company had become over-diversified, and lost sight of its core competencies. "A lot of our businesses were very inefficient," he explains. "I was asking, 'why are you doing this?' You know we had an SAP consulting business - what for? We had a product that competed with Microsoft Visual Basic - what for? I had to get rid of some bits and pieces." In my understanding, the only Sybase product that have competed with VB is...

The Future of PowerBuilder
Hello! Earlier this year, I came across an article in one of the weekly industry newspapers that stated that Sybase was telling major customers that PowerBuilder will be discontinued after version 8.0. (I can't remember which newspaper had the story and I can't seem locate it by doing a Google search. But I'm not making this up - I really did see it.) At the PowerBuilder Information Site ( www.justpbinfo.com ) I came across the following article: ------------------------------------------------ The Future of PowerBuilder Is there life after PowerBuilder 8? Rum...

PowerBuilder and the Cloud
As Steve Ballmer has said "We're all in the Cloud" now, and that's an area I'm concentrating on over the next year or so at least. I see this a potential opportunity for PB in a couple of areas, but wondering what the reception is in general in the community. Cloud is still pretty nascent, but the ability to deploy to essentially the same environment in a VM and scale along with failover, etc., is something that EAServer never could provide. And I wonder too if it could be a panacea for the performance of WebForms in PB.NET - maybe not a cost-effective one :)...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks Bala wrote in message <#AImoYME$GA.270@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi, > >Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - >The Future of Powerbuilder? >Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Except you should not believe everything you read. I remember the mutterings after PB 6.5 and currently Sybase is shipping EAS which PB 7.0 forms part of. Again I was at Sybase TechW...

Are There PowerBuilder for Origami Computer?
Hi: SYBASE will create a version of powerbuilder for the computers origami. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/umpc/hardware.mspx Atentamente Ruben Pillaca TechEra The Origami runs a version of XP. It's just another take on the Tablet PC. <Ruben Pillaca - TechEra> wrote in message news:44287e8c.73c5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi: > > SYBASE will create a version of powerbuilder for the > computers origami. > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/umpc/hardware.mspx > > Atentamente > Ruben Pillaca > TechEra ...

Powerbuilder, SOA and the cloud
I have now heard and seen multiple references to Powerbuilder's ability to participate in a SOA. The first time I heard it was at a live event when Strano mentioned it, the second time was in a recent post by Paul (http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/?p=391) and lately it seems to be finding it's way into all facets of Sybase propaganda. So, let's examine it. 1. Tell me how PowerBuilder can be of benefit to me after I decide that a SOA is right for my organization. Secondly, all the cloud talk. I am starting to hear this as well so we might as well discuss that too. 2. Tell m...

Dangers in Cloud Computing
http://jscoder.wordpress.com/2009/11/19/dangers-in-cloud-computing/ -- ***Free Your Mind*** The author mistakenly generalizes weak points of *particular* cloud platforms to the cloud as a whole. E.g.: > Virtually no pre-existing software can simply be run from “the cloud” > without being rewritten, usually in a rather drastic fashion. Absolutely true for force.com. Partially true for Google. Not at all true for EC2 and mostly false for Azure, which will even run Tomcat! The article is filled with such mischaracterizations. It wouldn't be so bad if it were wri...

Future of PowerBuilder #2
Hi, Can anybody point me to a good documentation or an article about the future or the prospect of PowerBuilder?? Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks AK; There are MANY threads in sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussions NG. Here is a link to a very knowledgeable website: (http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/powerbuilder_s_future2 /powerbuilder_s_future2.html) HTH, Austin <AK> wrote in message news:3f3bf83f.5e1.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi, > Can anybody point me to a good documentation or an article > about the future or t...

Web resources about - finally cloud computing explained.... - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Microsoft and Rambus team up for quantum computing research
Researchers at Microsoft are partnering with Rambus in order to evaluate the future memory requirements of quantum computing. The two technology ...

Oracle just bought a tiny cloud computing startup
... as part of Oracle Public Cloud." StackEngine is a startup focused on the whole Docker/container craze. Docker is a really hot cloud computing ...

CLOUD COMPUTING Cisco Says Spark Collaboration App Is 'Changing Everything'
CIO Today CLOUD COMPUTING Cisco Says Spark Collaboration App Is 'Changing Everything' CIO Today Networking giant Cisco · Relevant Products/Services ...

Cisco to create 200 new cloud computing jobs in UK
Startups.co.uk Cisco to create 200 new cloud computing jobs in UK ComputerWeekly.com Cisco is to create 200 new cloud-centric jobs and invest ...

Quantum computing may be moving out of science fiction
Quantum computing may still sound like the stuff of science fiction, but in another five or 10 years, it could be part of our reality. "It's ...

Looming Threats in Cloud Computing
... go to the cloud. Looking ahead as IaaS and cloud technologies advance, in a recent CIT Journal article I identify seven threats in cloud computing ...

The New Story Of Computing: Invisible And Smarter Than You
Technology was supposed to make life simple. Instead, it made it more complex. The solution? Computing without computers. Pizza, wine, and a ...

Fiorina: I Helped The NSA When They Needed Computing Power After 9/11
The former Hewlett-Packard CEO apparently arranged for the agency to get hardware it needed for post-9/11 wiretapping During Tuesday night's ...