Event for column move/resize in grid datawindow

It would be very very helpful if an event on the datawindow control would
fire when a column in a grid datawindow was moved or resized by the user.

Like a ColumnResizing event with dwo, row, oldHeight, oldWidth, newHeight,
newWidth parms.  Of course in a grid you would have a null dwo if it was
just a pure vertical resize and row would be null if it was a pure
horizontal resize as all columns or rows, respectively, would get the
effect.  I'd go for that.  I bet it would be a pretty easy thing for Sybase
to implement as well.

-EGM

M. Searer <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> It would be very very helpful if an event on the datawindow control would
> fire when a column in a grid datawindow was moved or resized by the user.

0
Edward

Which Event when resizing a column in Grid Datawindow ?
Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize a column in a Grid datawindow ? Is there another way to know when a column is resized ? Thanks for help. -- Arnaud Bauer - Jehier Ing´┐Żnierie Informatique 49120 CHEMILLE - FRANCE Tel : 02.41.49.80.81 http://www.jii.fr There isn't such an event. I guess you could code a timer event that checks it to the previous value. Sorry. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Arnaud Bauer <arnaud.bauer@jii.fr> wrote in article <370C6054.158A271C@jii.fr>... > Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize...

Grid Datawindow Column Move Event?
Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow control that fires when a column is moved on a grid datawindow? IIRC, there's not. You'll have to use the events associated with the mouse buttons. It's been discussed before; a thorough search at http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search should give you the answers you need. HTH <Ron_Eyink> wrote in message news:E1798B98E06A9BBE007B107685256B05.007B108585256B05@webforums... > Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow > control that fires when a col...

grid: column move/resize event and selection
I'm using a grid-style datawindow and would like to be able to perform various tasks when a column is resized or moved. Do those actions trigger any events which I can use to detect their occurrence? Also, I do have Mouse Selection turned off, so that clicking in the grid cells doesn't cause any selection. However, if I click on the column label (e.g. to move the column), the column still gets selected (though drawn differently than how the row gets selected). Is there any way to disable the column selection so that doesn't occur? Alternatively, is there any way to clea...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Column Moving in Grid Datawindow
Hi , I am using grid datawindow in my application. After retrieving data i am moving (changing the display order) the columns. That's working fine. If i retrieve the data again column display order goes back to original, is there any i can keep column display order as i changed. could you please help me in this regard thanks in advance senthil s Re-retrieving the data won't reset the column order. But reassigning the dataobject or closing and reopening the window would. Unless you're using something like the PFC preferences service, there's nothing t...

Grid column move event
When a user change the size of the columns in a grid (Grid.ColumnMove=yes), what's the event ? I want to change the size and position of other controls on my window when the user changes the size of a column. Jean-Paul ...

Column moving in a grid datawindow.
We experience the following problem: In our app we can move columns around in grid datawindows. After having created at runtime a line object in the header this suddenly is no longer possible. Explicitly setting the Datawindow.Grid.ColumnMove property doesn't help. After deleting the line at runtime it works again. If I would create the line at design time everything works fine at runtime. Anybody any idea? Regards, Michael Cornelissen ...

grid datawindow
first time using grid datawindows... when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? Go to the preview pane and move them from there. Just like you would do at runtime. Richard "Steph" <sybase.public.powerbuilder.general> wrote in message news:44859031$1@forums-2-dub... > first time using grid datawindows... > > when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. > Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? > > Forget ...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

Datawindow Grid and Column Move
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA To resize a column in a grid DW is necessary that the grid is displayed and the header's height is > 0 Ciao Angelo "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:93XUy0oLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > Hi. > > My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first > tabpage, is unchecked. It's posi...

Capture Grid Datawindow Column Move
Is it possible to capture an event when a user has changed the column order in a grid datawindow? Grant Greaves Since I posted the question, I will show what I figured out: I compared the value of <DW Control Name>.Object.DataWindow.Table.GridColumns at the time of the clicked event and then after (not during) a lbuttonup event. If they are different then the column order has been changed. Grant Greaves wrote in message ... >Is it possible to capture an event when a user has changed the column order >in a grid datawindow? > >Grant Greaves > >...

What event triggers when columns in a grid are resized...?
Is there any event that triggers when I resize the columns of a grid (using the mouse)? An event other then the "other" event... Thanks, ICE ice, as far as i know, none. here is what i did to catch the resize. 1. store the x and width properties of each column in instance variables (associatve arrays), but you can use regular arrays. 2. script the lbuttondown event: check if the user pressed the left mouse button on the header of the dw, if yes, set a boolean instance variable. 3. script the lbutton up event: if the boolean var from step 2 is set, check if...

Web resources about - Event for column move/resize in grid datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.futures