Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting

0
NOSPAM_matthew_chest

There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an
expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow?

Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>...

0
Jerry
3/7/2002 7:48:33 PM
Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an
expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel"
<jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote:

>There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an
>expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow?
>
>Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>...

0
NOSPAM_matthew_chest

Add datawindow control for master datawindow
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

Add datawindow control for master datawindow #2
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Setting DataWindow column property with an expression
Hi - I must be doing something wrong that's obvious but I just can't see it. I have a datawindow column that I would like to make invisible if the value of the column is null. So I created the following expression in the "expression" box dialog that appears next to the "Visible" checkbox of the column's property tab. Not(IsNull(ecodocsubs_sheet_[0])) the column is called "ecodocsubs_sheet_" and i used 0 to get the current column's value, right? Anyway, I get every column of every row as invisible, regardless of the value of the ...

how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?
I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in it. I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title, values.label and or so. the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data. I do it like this: datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child) dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' It failed! then I use this datastore ds_1 ds_1 = create datastore ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph' ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('grap...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

updated repost : datawindow protect property expression problem
Hi, In the datawindow protect property expression I have " if( type = 'MAS',0,1) " ( I want to disable editing for some columns, when column "type" is 'MAS') when I move the cursor with the tab key there is no problem, but when I click this row/s with mouse the column seems always protected. Is this a bug? And do we have a solution to prevent this problem? I have p 8.0.3 and the datawindow is a grid type. There is no tab-order problem, all tab-orders are >0 and I do nothing in scripts. The datawindow behaves same in Design-Time ...

How to give Expression for spin control property for a column in a grid datawindow
Hi Experts, In a grid datawindow i have a numeric column(column1) whose spin control property depends on the value of another column(column2).If column2 value is 'P'(for percent) then i want to have spin control for column1 otherwise if column2 value is 'A'(for amount) then i don't want spin control for column1. I tried changing the spin control property in the itemchanged event but the changes occurs for all rows irrespective of the value of column1. Please provide a trick to do the above. Thanks in advance Sree Two instance...

powerbuilder 8.0.3 vs datawindow protect property
Will the next path of Powerbuilder resolve all the problems related to the protect datawindow property and the datawindows edit mask problems that I have in PB 8.01 and 8.0.2? Without knowing all the problems you have, how would someone be able to effectively answer that question? If all the proble you are having are not reported in the form of a technical support case ( "report a bug" cases may not yet be in engineering hands due to its inherient difference in service levels) or known to Sybase such that it actually got into engineering hands to fix for 8.0.3, it is ...

Info: Setting Protect Property of DataWindow will trigger RowFocuChanged Event
Try Using Protect Property of DataWindow where the object is a DropDownListBox Once enabling the object just like // Where original state of the Protect property is false dw_Result.Object.dlb_REFTYPE.Protect = True It will jump to first row of the result set if ur dw_Result.RowCount() > 0 Correct me if I am wrong� FYI Alvin aha@abacus.com.ph ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

Web resources about - Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo