ActiveX , OCX and other stuff

The story of my life ....

Trying to figure out how to work with an ActiveX control in PB or with OLE.

Got bored to see the annoying message "Error calling external object
function".

Is it so hard for Sybase to make PB behave like VB or VC when using
external controls. e.g. Use Autocomplete for methods etc.

That's really frustrating.
0
Christos

Yes even I have faced this kind of problem when I tried
to access Powerpoint application using OLE in PB.
If autocomplete is provided in PB as VB and VC
it proves more handy

kishore

"Christos Ioannou" <christos_ioannou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The story of my life ....
>
> Trying to figure out how to work with an ActiveX control in PB or with
OLE.

> Got bored to see the annoying message "Error calling external object
> function".
>
> Is it so hard for Sybase to make PB behave like VB or VC when using
> external controls. e.g. Use Autocomplete for methods etc.
>
> That's really frustrating.

0
kishore
7/24/2004 9:09:33 AM
Yes! autocomplete methods, properties are required specially
when dealing with third party controls, COM+ etc.. Which
VB,VC is doing it very efficiently.

> The story of my life ....
>
> Trying to figure out how to work with an ActiveX control
> in PB or with OLE.
>
> Got bored to see the annoying message "Error calling
> external object  function".
>
> Is it so hard for Sybase to make PB behave like VB or VC
> when using  external controls. e.g. Use Autocomplete for
> methods etc.
>
> That's really frustrating.
0
Ajaz

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

insert ActiveX
I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object by OLE. But messagebox show "ole file is failed, license file is required." I don't know how to registor it. Help me!!! regsvr32 MSCOMM32.ocx assuming you are in the directory that the file resides in. <Halina> wrote in message news:640181D0D99A3028002A452185256A7E.002A453285256A7E@webforums... > I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to > registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object b...

Recompile PowerBuilder applicarion as ActiveX or OCX
Is it possible to recompile an existing PowerBuilder 5 application as an ActiveX or OCX component that can then be embedded into a Visual Basic application. Basically I would like to reuse an existing PowerBuilder app (or at least sections of it) as part of a new application developed within VB so that it looks like and behaves like a single application. Many thanks Oliver See Application Techniques documentation for the topic "Runtime Automation Server" /ck <Oliver_Lennon> wrote in message news:575D3149D64D5D9F007CF8AE85256C6F.007CF8BE85256C6F@webforums....

Why do more ActiveX OCX controls show up in Excel than PowerBuilder
I am brutally frustrated. I am still using PB5.0.4 - I know there are more updated versions. But I still shouldn't have the problems I am experiencing. Why is it that Microsoft's Web ActiveX control shows up in Excel's toolbox list of active x controls but it doesn't show up in my PB toolbox? I am using Windows NT 4.0 SP4, I was told that a friend can see the controls in Windows 95 of the same PB version. Its not just the MS Web Control, I experienced this problem with Dart Communciations http control also. Interestingly enough, the package which contain Dart's ht...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

HELP NEEDED: OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang PowerBuilder 6.0
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Danny danm@telexiscorp.com ...

OCX, ActiveX
Hi there. I�m looking for a component in which I can create a graph with two Y axes (2 different scales). The idea is to achieve something like excel does with one of its graph types (the "lines in two axes" one) but I don�t want to use excel like an ole object because its menu appears and this is an effect unwished for the application I�m working in. I hope to be clear regarding this issue and if somebody could help me I�d really appreciate it !!! Thanks in advance. C�sar Bernal Mapas y Datos S.A. These guys probably have something that will work for you:...

ActiveX, OCX
I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL as the library name. How can I use ActiveX and OCX objects for WinCE in PocketBuilder? rgds, SS ActiveX and OCX are not supported in PocketBuilder. <SS> wrote in message news:42eb46e3.449a.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need > to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. > I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL > as the librar...

POWERBUILDER FUTURE?
i am in Powerbuilder for past 4 Years.....currently i am in india. But my projects are in my last 4 years almost maintenance & migration to advanced techniques...almost zero development and the sad news is ,powerbuilder developers are very less when compared to advance techniques... u know the PB versions are also coming yearly once & introducing new concepts also almost not useful(i discussed with lot of PB developers almost they are not using the advance techniques) so everybody is going slowly out of PB technology... In india last few years Pb usage is re...

OCX/ActiveX
Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms however. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 10 Jul 2007 08:43:19 -0700, "Mohammad Alhabibi" <malhabibi@yalla.com> wrote: >Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? > But Browser activex in Winform don't works. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message news:40k7939bkbj0652duqhk48bo9trevvngsc@4ax.com... > No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms > however. > >...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks Bala wrote in message <#AImoYME$GA.270@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi, > >Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - >The Future of Powerbuilder? >Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Except you should not believe everything you read. I remember the mutterings after PB 6.5 and currently Sybase is shipping EAS which PB 7.0 forms part of. Again I was at Sybase TechW...

OCX and Powerbuilder
I have a window in which I have an .ocx - ole_name. When I do the following: ole_name.object.method_name() it works just fine. However, when I put the .ocx on a user object (u_userobj) - separate from the window - and call it from my window, it blows up. Here's my syntax from within the window: u_userobj u_uo u_uo = create u_userobj u_uo.ole_name.object.method_name() Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Visual user objects are created using the OpenUserObject() method -- the CREATE statement should only be used for non-visual objects. -- <hopethishelp...

OCX and Powerbuilder
Hi, I want to use 2 ocx controls WMList.ocx ( ObjectListControl ) and WMQuery.ocx ( QueryControl) in PowerBuilder, the QueryControl.GetList method returns Object and I am able to successfully use it but ObjectListControl.GetList method returns MSComctlLib.listview and I am unable to use it successfully, I have tried it with simple declaring oleobject as following oleobject lole_objectlist and then we came up with exception, and if we try it with type ( any ) then we are unable to get the class name with method ClassName(any) Any help regarding usage of OCX Control ( Obj...

PowerBuilder future
I wonder what is the future of PB. I have just saw an article which Jhon Chen (Sybase CEO) says the following: According to Chen the company had become over-diversified, and lost sight of its core competencies. "A lot of our businesses were very inefficient," he explains. "I was asking, 'why are you doing this?' You know we had an SAP consulting business - what for? We had a product that competed with Microsoft Visual Basic - what for? I had to get rid of some bits and pieces." In my understanding, the only Sybase product that have competed with VB is...

Web resources about - ActiveX , OCX and other stuff - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

ActiveX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 1996 and is commonly used in its Windows operating system. In principle it is not dependent on Microsoft Windows, but in practice, most ActiveX ...

유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store on iTunes
Get 유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Activex - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

IE8 to boost ActiveX security on Vista
ActiveX has long been regarded as a gaping hole through which spyware and …

Internet Explorer gets more secure will start blocking outdated ActiveX controls
... the computers of friends and family. Today, Microsoft announces that Internet Explorer is getting more secure by blocking outdated ActiveX controls. ...

ActiveX for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded ActiveX software, including PlayReady PC Runtime v1.3 (x64), PDF OCX, and PDF Maker DLL

Microsoft probing ActiveX attacks targeting Access feature
Vulnerability in ActiveX control for feature in Microsoft Access is being used for targeted but limited attacks, Microsoft says.

Microsoft nixes ActiveX add-on technology in new Edge browser
Microsoft's new Edge browser will discard two of the oldest browser technologies found in the aged Internet Explorer and replace them with add-ons ...

More issues with the Video ActiveX Control flaw workaround
The simple registry update to disable the buggy Video ActiveX Control is not as simple as it first appears.

Google's Native Client almost 'ready for takeoff,' ready to make ActiveX look visionary
We're almost there, almost to the release of the Native Client we first got wind of last May. It is, basically, a way to run native code within ...