A Wee Nudge

Why isn't there a RECENT FILES list for the simple file editor in
PB?  One often has to change an .INI file in the workspace folder,
maybe a .PBR, and as it is, you have to fish it out every time you
want to edit it.  Either that or make a tiny change so that *.sr*
is not the default extension when launching the thing.  With EDIT
SOURCE, the chances that you are going to use the simple text
editor to change the source is nowadays much smaller.
0
woz

I would second that, especially since I need to navigate up and down the
directory tree, even though I am editing the same file over and over.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface

0
Joe_Slawsky
2/14/2003 8:45:59 PM
Ahem!  Indeed, it's in some ways too bad their IDE wasn't written
with the PFC functionality throughout.  A wink is as good as a
nudge, you know. (^:
0
woz
2/14/2003 8:50:03 PM
indeed..
I also think this is a real pain in the ***
I am also always browsing to the same few files that I edit with PB

Grtz
harry

<woz> schreef in bericht
> Why isn't there a RECENT FILES list for the simple file editor in
> PB?  One often has to change an .INI file in the workspace folder,
> maybe a .PBR, and as it is, you have to fish it out every time you
> want to edit it.  Either that or make a tiny change so that *.sr*
> is not the default extension when launching the thing.  With EDIT
> SOURCE, the chances that you are going to use the simple text
> editor to change the source is nowadays much smaller.

0
Harry
2/17/2003 2:09:45 PM
Please enter it as an enhancement request on CaseExpress. I think it
is an excellent suggestion, and one that shouldn't be too hard to
implement.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:27:19 -0500, woz wrote:

>Why isn't there a RECENT FILES list for the simple file editor in
>PB?  One often has to change an .INI file in the workspace folder,
>maybe a .PBR, and as it is, you have to fish it out every time you
>want to edit it.  Either that or make a tiny change so that *.sr*
>is not the default extension when launching the thing.  With EDIT
>SOURCE, the chances that you are going to use the simple text
>editor to change the source is nowadays much smaller.

0
dfish
2/17/2003 4:47:36 PM
If it did, it would not be a "simple" file editor anymore, now would it?
<wink/>

I agree, though -- even better, it would be nice if you could wire your own
text editor to be invoked. Then you can use TextPad :-)

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<woz> wrote in message
> Why isn't there a RECENT FILES list for the simple file editor in
> PB?  One often has to change an .INI file in the workspace folder,
> maybe a .PBR, and as it is, you have to fish it out every time you
> want to edit it.  Either that or make a tiny change so that *.sr*
> is not the default extension when launching the thing.  With EDIT
> SOURCE, the chances that you are going to use the simple text
> editor to change the source is nowadays much smaller.

0
Roy