XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template.

I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml.
When I try to import the rows, I get this error.

    XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML
template.
Ay ideas?

--
PB9.01.7151

Thank you,

R.Chauvin

0
Bob

Did you turn on the xml import tracing option?  It should give you
more information about what it doesn't like.

On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)"
<nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote:

>I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml.
>When I try to import the rows, I get this error.
>
>    XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML
>template.
>Ay ideas?

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
7/2/2004 1:21:36 PM
Thanks, yes.  Here's the output.

/*---------------------------------------------------*/
/*                 7/2/2004  09:00                   */
/*---------------------------------------------------*/
CREATING SAX PARSER.
USING XML IMPORT TEMPLATE: default

XML NAMES MAPPING TO DATAWINDOW IMPORT COLUMNS:
ATTRIBUTE: /ShipTo_Addresses/ShipTo_row NAME: '__pbband'

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:a1oae0hvq2ubnv01a6dlfrs3f9atu8hukq@4ax.com...
> Did you turn on the xml import tracing option?  It should give you
> more information about what it doesn't like.
>
> On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)"
> <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote:
>
> >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as
xml.
> >When I try to import the rows, I get this error.
> >
> >    XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML
> >template.
> >Ay ideas?
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
the
> author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Bob
7/2/2004 2:21:28 PM
What does your XML template look like? Are you using the default one
(rpw/column) or a custom one?

What does the source XML look like? Does it have all mapped elements?
Any NULL values?

Try tracing the import and look at the trace file -- any errors?

--
Roy

Bob Chauvin ( Paix dehors ) wrote:

> I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml.
> When I try to import the rows, I get this error.
>
>     XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML
> template.
> Ay ideas?

0
Roy
7/2/2004 2:34:55 PM
Well, my exported xml using the default has the correct number of rows, but
all elements are null/empty.  Hmmmm.

Re-created the default, exported and imported.  Now it's ok.

Thanks for the help.

"Bob Chauvin ( Paix dehors )" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote in message
> I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml.
> When I try to import the rows, I get this error.
>
>     XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML
> template.
> Ay ideas?
>

> --
> PB9.01.7151
>
> Thank you,
>
> R.Chauvin

0
Bob
7/2/2004 2:49:24 PM
"Bob Chauvin ( Paix dehors )" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote in message news:40e56f68$1@forums-1-dub...
> Thanks, yes.  Here's the output.
>
> /*---------------------------------------------------*/
> /*                 7/2/2004  09:00                   */
> /*---------------------------------------------------*/
> CREATING SAX PARSER.
> USING XML IMPORT TEMPLATE: default
>
> XML NAMES MAPPING TO DATAWINDOW IMPORT COLUMNS:
> ATTRIBUTE: /ShipTo_Addresses/ShipTo_row NAME: '__pbband'
> XML Import Error
> No matching DataWindow column reference within XML template.

Find the node in the Template that has the "Starts Detail" option turned on, and turn it off.

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Paul

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

How to create XML import template for DataWindow
Is there some rules in creating a XML import template for a DataWindow ? The sample created by the datawindow painter seems to gave prefixes of dw_ and _row on some of the elements. ALso, are these element case-sensitive ? Thanks, Eric.- You need to modify the names to match the XML schema that you're going to import. AFAIK, XML is case sensitive with respect to tags: http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_syntax.asp <Eric Sulistiawan> wrote in message news:44e25dc2.3141.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there some rules in creating a XML import template for a >...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

datawindow XML import requires element order matching
datawindow xml import when using an xml template requires the order of elements and attributes to match the order in which elements and attributes occur in the XML. This seems very constraining as the information is available to match up during the import. Am I missing a reason why this is so? No idea. I hate it as well. "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:49525fc1$1@forums-1-dub... > datawindow xml import when using an xml template requires the order of > elements and attributes to match the order in which elements and > attribu...

PB9/PB10: Error in Save As XML versus dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML
I'm having problems with saving a datawindow as XML. I've checked both PB9 and PB10, and I'm experiencing the same behavior: If you specify a different encoding set on the XML-template, this is corretly shown if you do a Save as XML on the datawindow. If you read out the property dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML, the encoding is not changed, it always says "UTF-16LE". If I change the property standalone (yes|no), this is correctly reflected on both Save As and retrieving the xml via dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML-property. I've saved the XML as an ...

Import XML to Datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When I tried the import using the XML attached Import keeps failing. Please help as creating template is not successful either. Thanks ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/xml; name="file4.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="file4.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz4NCjxzOkVu dmVsb3BlIHhtbG5zOnM9Imh0dHA6Ly9zY2hlbWFzLnhtbH...

DataWindows and XML Templates
Hi all, I am having a problem saving a Datawindow with an XML template from the painter in PB 10.0 build 4510. This is running on the XP operating system I can get to a certain point in the definitions of the elements and the save works. If I add one more CData element, PB crashes and gives me the message: Sybase PowerBuilder 10.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have even deleted some elements and added others with no problem but when I get to a certain point it crashes. I have searched for the error on Google groups an...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? Chris B wrote: > I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. > Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could > not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at > least the path where it l...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? ...

Importing XML to datawindow
I've asked this question before without getting any answer (see "values not repeating when importing xml"). I'm trying to import a XML-file into a datawindow. The structure of the XML-file is; group 1 information (e.g customer) group 2 information (e.g order) one or many details (e.g order items) I want this information imported into columns in my datawindow detail, where I have a column for each tag in the XML-file. When I import it, I get one row for each order item, but the group level information (customer and order) is set only at the rows where t...

Import XML into a DataWindow
Hi all, having never used DataWindow XML Import I wonder about the limitations of this technique. I have to import a XML file containing order headers and order items. So I thought I can achieve that using a grouped DataWindow but that seems to be wrong. Here is a shortened sample of the data I like to import: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ORDER xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1" xsi:sch...

xml datawindow import
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4cab0dcf Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit using powerbuilder 11.5 hi, i have a external datawindow and xml template and try to import a xml file into the datawindow, but i got two records, instaead of one record. i want to see only one record, but with different address lines as addr1, addr2 etc The problem what i noticed is i have a addresline in the xml document, which is rpeating for more then one line with the same attribute. how to solve this porblem...

Importing XML into a datawindow
Suppose you have an xml file and you want to import that into a datawindow. Is there a way to create the template automatically? I mean, is there a mechanism that can create the template for you, or do you have to manually do this? thanks! joe As far as I know, manually is the only way though many have suggested this as an improvement (the ability to create the datawindow from a dtd). Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "JG" <joseph.grantNOSPAM@assetpoint.com> wrote in message news:427150e9$1@forums-2-dub....

DataWindow Error
I am working at PB 6.5 for Win NT and I am connecting to ORACLE 7.3. I am getting from PB very often this message. DataWindow Error - Select error: Column lists do not match. My code is like: FOR 1) ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) 2) 3) itr_tr.SyntaxFromSQL (ls_procedure, '', ls_err) NEXT DW error find out after step 1) very often. if I try 2) if ll_row = -1 then ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) then it is OK, second attemp for the same statement is without error. But I don't know why this error was risen. Is posible prevent from this error ...

Web resources about - XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo