Visible columns in Datawindows

Hello,

in a report I try to hide columns which have values = 0 .
I try that by editing an expression in the columns property sheet.
I use
    visible    if ( gettext () = '0' , 0 , 1 )

But that dows not work (gettext() seems not be evaluated correctly).

Is that my fault or is there a bug???

Thanks in advance

A. Eick

0
Andreas

Is should be
if ( colname = '0' , 0 , 1 )

where colname is the name of your column

HTH

Simon

Andreas Eick wrote in message ...
>Hello,
>
>in a report I try to hide columns which have values = 0 .
>I try that by editing an expression in the columns property sheet.
>I use
>    visible    if ( gettext () = '0' , 0 , 1 )
>
>But that dows not work (gettext() seems not be evaluated correctly).
>
>Is that my fault or is there a bug???
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>A. Eick

0
Simon
10/25/1999 1:01:26 PM
Are you sure the data type is string?
Also you are sying in this expression :
if ( gettext () = '0' , 0 , 1 )
if the value = '0' then show else not show.

--
Kenneth A. Drendel
ICQ# 34027019

0
Ken
10/25/1999 2:27:40 PM
GetText ( ) applies to values in the edit control. Better to use a
conditional expression like this:

        visible      if ( column_name > 0, 1, 0 )

Andreas Eick <Andreas.Eick@eick-systeme.de> wrote in message
Hello,

in a report I try to hide columns which have values = 0 .
I try that by editing an expression in the columns property sheet.
I use
    visible    if ( gettext () = '0' , 0 , 1 )

But that dows not work (gettext() seems not be evaluated correctly).

Is that my fault or is there a bug???

Thanks in advance

A. Eick

0
Lu
10/25/1999 2:35:21 PM
never mind :-) its monday

--
Kenneth A. Drendel
ICQ# 34027019

0
Ken

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

visible expression for columns in a datawindow
Hi, I hope there is anybody who can solve the following problem: I want to make a column in a datawindow invisible. So I have inserted the value 0 into the visible expression of the column. If I make a preview of the datawindow the column is really invisible. Great! But if I insert this datawindow into a composite datawindow and make a preview then the column is visible. Has the visible expression no effect? Any ideas??? Would it help to set the width to be 0 (maybe the height too) Does the composite alway show the dw the way it is presented in the dw painter rat...

Visible property of column in datawindow
In PB5, in the datawindow, one of the column object properties was "Visible" -- I could set it by clicking on the column object, right-clicking on Properties, and then clicking on the tab Expressions at the far right. I could then arrow down to Visible and, for instance, type the following: If (type_code = 'PPG', 0 , 1) Now that I am using PB7, I don't see this Expression tab for column objects and hence no properties, such as border, color, protect, visible, etc. Where did (the ability to set) these properties go? How can I accomplish the same thing in PB7...

HTML Datawindow Generator
Hi, I am having a strange problem updating columns with dropdown datawindows. I am sorry for the long message. But to explain things, I needed to do that. I copied the code from pbdwrmt.pbl and created a custome datawindow generator component and delpoyed it to Jagusr. I am using a datawindow which has multiple drop down datawindows. None of them has retrieval arguments. The retrieval of the main datawindow worked fine and the drop down datawindows showed data. But I see "error on Page" in the browser status bar when th page is loaded. I have an update button in th...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

datawindow

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Datawindows with child datawindows

Web resources about - Visible columns in Datawindows - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo