Trying to delete a row, I get "Row changed between retrieve and update."

Hi

Trying  to delete a row I get the following error message and can't figure
out why. Please see error below and any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks

Error message and part of the script:

Row changed between retrieve and update.
No changes made to database.
DELETE FROM q_code_cause WHERE code = 1 AND ...

0
Wasap

Ok I found the Problem!

Thanks anyway
"Wasap" <edgadon@medicalcardsystem.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Trying  to delete a row I get the following error message and can't figure
> out why. Please see error below and any suggestion will be appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> Error message and part of the script:
>
> Row changed between retrieve and update.
> No changes made to database.
> DELETE FROM q_code_cause WHERE code = 1 AND ...

0
Wasap

Help! Strange appearing "Row changed between retrieve and update" for a datawindow.
Problem with updating a table from a datawindow: In a window I have linkage between 2 grid datawindows. The detail datawindow contains data from two different tables, and is supposed to update only one of them. There are 5 tables involved: Number Distribution Setup Modules Status The master dw displays rows from Number, which is related to Distribution. Each distribution has a given setup, defining which of the modules are to be used. 1 number belongs to 1 distribution, consisting of e.g. 7 modules, resulting in 1x7=7 different records in the status table (for 7 differen...

customer gets "row changed between retrieve and update" depending on the DBMS oracle driver they use.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub42de6f5c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I logged this with Sybase, but wanted to know if anyone here has any ideas: We're having a problem where a customer gets "row changed between retrieve and update" depending on the DBMS oracle driver they use. We have a certain datawindow form which is setup to save using the "where clause for update/delete" as "key and modified columns". If they go into the form and click save twice ...

"Row changed between retrieve and update"
i joined table A and table B to make up a dw, in which table A is the one i setup update properties on. i am getting a message like this "Row changed between retrieve and update." when i try to update columns in table B. i use dot notation to turn off the update property off on A and turn on those on B. any idea how to get rid of that message? many thanks.. I found I could get this message even when only ONE table was involved, unless the primary key selection in the datawindow was exactly the same as the primary keys in the table. HTH Joshua wrote in m...

"Row changed between retrieve and update" problem
Hi all, I'm constantly getting the error message "row changed between retrieve and update" when saving a dw after deleting a record. It only happens on one datawindow. First some info; PB 5.0.02, PFC 5.0.02 DisableBind=0 DW update properties: Key Columns, Use Update Database Error Code -3 The SQL that fails; DELETE FROM "inv_specs" where "inv_spec_id" = ? The key consists of a single column, the value of whcih is not changed before deleting the record I can modify the record (not the key column) and save it without a problem. I've checked ...

"Row changed between retrieve & update" *AGAIN*
Hi, Guys. I want to raise the "row changed between retrieve and update" issue once more. This is ruining my weekend! I'm doing the simplest thing: allowing a user to save work performed on a row of a single table (INVOICE) with a Save button. The Save button contains the usual code (dw_1.update(); if update() ok, then commit). On the database side I have the INVOICE table containing a single primary key (which is in face a surrogate key, surrog_key) whose datatype is SQLAnywhere's timestamp. In the table, it defaults to the current timestamp when a row i...

What does "Row changed between retrieve and update." mean?
I get this error when trying to delete 2 rows in a DW. To be more precise, the rows are deleted one by one from the screen, I attempt a "Save" that is supposed to delete the two rows from the DB. At that point, the error pops up. The error is correct, strictly speaking. As a safety measure, the user needs to zero some columns to ensure that the Delete button isn't pushed by mistake. Is there something I need to set up to tell PB it's OK the rows were changed? Thanks. Never mind. I didn't set up the "Update Propeties" properly - I omitted a...

How to resolve: "Row changed between Retrieve and Update"
Hello, I am using PB6.5 accessing Sybase Enterprise 11.9. I am reading in a money column into a PB datawindow. When I go into the DW painter, click on column specifications I see that PB has assigned NUMBER type to this money column. When I perform a query and look at the results for this particular column I get what I believe to be rounding errors ie. what's stored in the database money type as: 75 000 000.000 gets stored into the dw object Number type as: 75 000 000.000 000 02. When I go to update the column in PB I get the following error: "Row changed between re...

How to Resolve : "Row Changed Between Retrieve and Update"
Hello, I am using PB6.5 accessing Sybase Enterprise 11.9. I am reading in a money column into a PB datawindow. When I go into the DW painter, click on column specifications I see that PB has assigned NUMBER type to this money column. When I perform a query and look at the results for this particular column I get what I believe to be rounding errors ie. what's stored in the database money type as: 75 000 000.000 gets stored into the dw object Number type as: 75 000 000.000 000 02. When I go to update the column in PB I get the following error: "Row changed between re...

"row change between retrieve and update" of dw
hi, I want to ask what will cause this statement "row change between retrieve and update" to occur when I am updating the table using dw_2.update(true, false) And moreover, How can I solve it? thanks, stewart In article <3622D9B6.9B18537@mindless.com>, stewart@mindless.com says... > hi, > I want to ask what will cause this statement > "row change between retrieve and update" > to occur when I am updating the table using dw_2.update(true, false) > And moreover, How can I solve it? > > thanks, > stewart > > ...

Update views in MS SQL Server give me the old "Row changed between retrieve and update" error
I am in the process of migrating from PB7 to PB9 and from Sybase to SQL Server 2000. When I try to update through a view against SQL Server 2000, I get the old "Row changed between retrieve and update". If I have the where clause set to Key Columns this only happens the first time I update, upon running the application. If I have this either of the other two options set for the where clause it will continue to happen for every update. My DW is a tabular dw with all columns, except the key column, editable and updateable. If I make a change to one row, I get the error...

How trigger "row changed between retrieve and update error"
Is there a way to find out if the row has changed between retrieve and update? That is, I have a routine where, from a certain window, a user calls up a report that allows for changes to fields. Problem is, the report may change something on the very record the user was on, prior to calling the report. Up to now, I have been coding for this problem, this way: I pass to the report the key value of the contract the user is on. I check in the report to see if a change has been made to a record with that key value, and if there has been a change, I pass back a value to the calling w...

How to Fix "Row Changed Between Retrieve and Update" problem???
I am currently running PB5.0.4 and Sybase ASE 11.9.2. I am currently testing upgrade to Sybase ASE 11.9.2. I am receiving "Row changed between retrieve and update" message when trying to update a datawindow from my powerbuilder application. This datawindow is updating a single table. But this table also has a update trigger that fires a rpc (remote procedure call), which in turn inserts a record into another table. Even though I change the "update property" of the datawindow for the "key modification" from "update" to "delete and ...

DW error "Row changed between retrieve and update"
Hi, The error occurs in an application that is not new and is running in several Clients using the Sybase's SQL engine (SQL Anywhere 5.0, ASA 6.02 or 7.01) with no problem. By one Client requirement, the tables were created in MS Accesss (mdb extension) and no changes were made in the App's logic: it is running OK except in the following situation: in new inserted rows in tables with integer autoincrement, as follows: ... the row is inserted OK (dw.control.InsertRow(0)) ... user fill some columns, no validation errors ... user click the "Save" button and OK (but p...

PB 11/SNC "Row changed Between Retrieve and Update"
Hello, I am using PB 11.2 Build 8542 and the SQL Native Client(SNC). My problem is: I have a datawindow that updates a SQL 2K5 table with a trigger on it. The trigger updates various columns in the same table as the datawindow. Even when I set my datawindow update properties to "Key Columns", I get the "Row changed between retrieve and update". I have this same exact code running in PB V8.0.4 using MSS native driver and it works fine updating the same rows with the same data in the same database. I have run SQL Profiler against the database and captured the SQL ...

Web resources about - Trying to delete a row, I get "Row changed between retrieve and update." - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow