sort

Hi,

I have a problem with retrieveasneeded and sort.

I have a dw with 35000 rows. I have specified retrieevasneeded for dw so
that data can been shown as it is got from the db.

But after retrieval i want user to select the column that
he wants to sort and then show result set in sorted order.

As setsort cancels the retrieveasneeded , it gets all rows and then sorts
and that takes up lot of time.

My question is ,How can i use retrieveasneeded and also
allow user to sorting after rows are retrieved from db.

0
tester

Simple answer you can't. RetrieveAsNeeded is doing exactly what you told it
to do. If you what the functionality that I think you are looking for
instead of a dw.sort you would have to issue the retieve again with an order
by clause.

Hope this helps.
Tyler

"tester" <tester@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with retrieveasneeded and sort.
>
> I have a dw with 35000 rows. I have specified retrieevasneeded for dw so
> that data can been shown as it is got from the db.
>
> But after retrieval i want user to select the column that
> he wants to sort and then show result set in sorted order.
>
> As setsort cancels the retrieveasneeded , it gets all rows and then sorts
> and that takes up lot of time.
>
> My question is ,How can i use retrieveasneeded and also
> allow user to sorting after rows are retrieved from db.

0
Tyler

How to clear sorting info. of datawindow after used setsort() and sort() in the script?
How to clear sorting info. of datawindow after used setsort() and sort() in the script? SetSort("") Sort() HTH Alex Osin "Netforum's Client" <netforum@netforum.com> wrote in message news:4m4IPUymBHA.190@forums.sybase.com... > How to clear sorting info. of datawindow after used setsort() and sort() in > the script? > > > ...

Sorting in datawindows
Hi, I am using PB5.03 on WIN95. I want to sort my datawindow by selected rows. ie. On retrieval of the datawindow I highlight/select the rows that the user has selected previously. I want the rows that they selected to be put at the top of the datawindow. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Rod __________________________________ Rod Jardine SafeNet Consulting, Inc. rjardine@safenetconsulting.com 612.930.3636x275 __________________________________ ONSITE AT: United Behavioral Health ...

Datawindow sorting
I have created a datawindow using an empty table. The data window has four groups: Empl. Div., Empl Site, Empl Dept, Empl. ID. I am inserting the information into this empty datawindow with multiple rows for each empl id. I need to sort by certain hidden columns but eventhough it sorts correctly it doesn't look the way I need it to look. For example I have this: Finance Manhattan Office Payroll John Doe Apples 6 12/31/1999 1/02/2000 Mary white Orange 9 11/20/1998 1/1/1999 Grapes 0 2/3/1997 3/3/1998 If I sort by ...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Sort datawindow
Dear all, I am using a grid dw , i wrote some sorting functions for this dw , all works fine , but it seems that when pb has done the sorting that the sorted column has black as backgroundcolour and the whole column is selected. Any chance on changing this ? I don't want any background colour ... Or is does this behaviour automatically comes with the sort dw command ? TIA john We developed a sorting function which can be used for any grid style datawindow. The user simply right mouses on the column header and the sort occurs. We have not experienced this problem. Perh...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Sorting Datawindows
I would like to know how to sort a tabular datawindow by clicking on the text headers. Thanxxxx You may want to look at the PFC sort service. One of its options is this type of sorting. Help file entry:n_cst_dwsrv_sort Code base is in pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_sort. In article <37FA4F77.25B1EC0B@iname.com>, futuretek@iname.com says... > I would like to know how to sort a tabular datawindow by clicking on the > text headers. > > Thanxxxx > > -- John Strano [TeamSybase] Thanks. That worked "John Strano [TeamSybase]" wrote: > You m...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow Sort
I want to find out what the current sort of a datawindow is at runtime. What would be the correct syntax to get it? Does it matter if the datawindow sort is included in the Order by clause of the SQL source or if PB is doing the sort on the client? Thanks <DW Control Name>.Object.DataWindow.Table.Sort will tell you. The SQL 'Order By' has nothing to do with the DW sort. They are independent. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/s...

Sort in Datawindow
Does anybody have any ideas about sorting rows in few columns. If I want to sort data for two columns for example: first name and second name, powerbuilder 6.0 don't sort this columns correctly (together) Ex: I want to have: Adams John Brown Andrew Brown John Brown Tom Dolly Tim (sort by the second name and then by the first name). PB sorts by the last column which I choose. Maybe you have any ideas or code examples for your implementation of sort function which replaces standard PB 6.0 function, please reply to me. Thanx! Daniel ...

DataWindow Sort
I have a column ID which have the following row values in the table: GSB-5B1 GSB-5B2 GSB5B10 GSB5B11 When a Datawindow Sort is specified, the Hyphen inside these values are ignored for the purpose of sorting and they are displayed as below: GSB-5B1 GSB5B10 GSB5B11 GSB-5B2 But if an ORDER BY clause is specified in the Datawindow , instead of a Client Sort, the values are displayed correctly like: GSB-5B1 GSB-5B2 GSB5B10 GSB5B11 RDBMS Used: Sybase System 11 How do I make the Datawindow Sort to not ignore the Hyphen in the column values? Thank you for your ti...

Sort in DataWindow
Does anybody have any ideas about sorting rows in few columns. If I want to sort data for two columns for example: first name and second name, powerbuilder 6.0 don't sort this columns correctly (together) Ex: I want to have: Adams John Brown Andrew Brown John Brown Tom Dolly Tim (sort by the second name and then by the first name). PB sorts by the last column which I choose. Maybe you have any ideas or code examples for your implementation of sort function which replaces standard PB 6.0 function, please reply to me. Thanx! Daniel ...

Sorting in datawindow
How to specified the a sort by using the name instead the number of a column? Thanks! Daniel, You can specify the name of the column in quotes HTH Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase] "Daniel" <dantcs@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:LtkUYbmp$GA.204@forums.sybase.com... > How to specified the a sort by using the name instead the number of a > column? > Thanks! > > ...

Sorting in datawindow #2
I'm attempting to use the sort in the DW. It does not appear to be working. Is this feature for data from a database only? I appreciate your help. You will have to give more information. You can sort the columns and computed fields (data not directly from the database) ... in the datawindow. You just have to have a name for each one. Are you trying to sort using code? Are you sure you are using the correct names of the fields? Right click on each field and get the name of it. This is the names you must use in your sort. If it doesn't have a name then you mu...

sorting a group by datawindow
Here are two example tables: Rental_bill_transaction: job_number, user_key, debit_credit_code, charge_amount User_Info: user_key, last_name, first_name, phone_number I have been able to create a group by report with one group level displaying master - detail info. The group header displays the master information about the user (such as what their name and phone number is) the detail band shows the particular charges associated to the user (the link between the charges and the user is the user_key). The group trailer has two computer columns -- one displays a count o...

Web resources about - sort - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Sort (typesetting) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Diagram of a cast metal sort . a face, b body or shank, c point size, 1 shoulder, 2 nick, 3 groove, 4 foot. In typesetting by hand compositing, ...

Calendo Sorts Through Facebook Events, Recommends The Best
... poetry readings, and the random “I have a new phone and need your numbers” request. Calendo , an iPhone app that launched Wednesday, sorts through ...

Facebook allows page admins to sort comments chronologically or by activity
... given page managers the chance to choose if they want to see comments to their posts in the order they were posted, or by a Reddit-style sorting ...

People are trying to sort out the "old days" of the web vs today. Here's my two cents.
And some people like to cook for themselves. And sometimes people who cook for themselves like to eat out, and vice versa. So I use Flickr ...

Sort It! Animals for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch ...
Get Sort It! Animals on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Luna, fetching (sort of, not really) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore queuemark's photos on Flickr. queuemark has uploaded 53 photos to Flickr.

How to sort Facebook's News Feed chronologically on mobile - YouTube
Facebook can be great for getting updates on your friends, but sometimes the same posts just don't want to move from the top of your feed. In ...

Journos Behind (small) Bars: Decanter sorts the dudes from the men
With so many small bars popping up on the drinking landscape of Perth, WAtoday journalists decided to go "behind bars" to soak up the new scene, ...

Tesla’s new firmware improves Autosteer, adds remote parking—of a sort
Version 7.1 will drive into or out of your garage by itself.

Some sort of new VW EV concept coming to CES
Filed under: Green , CES , Volkswagen , United States , Concept Cars , Electric Volkswagen brand chairman Herbert Diess will make a keynote address ...