setting datawindow property of a dddw-style column

dear forum,

how do I set the datawindow property of a dddw-style column dynamically?

so far, I can only set the display column and data column using the
following:

dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.datacolumn = "custid"
dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.displaycolumn = "custnm"

any idea of how to set column filtervalue datawindow to "dddw_customer" ??

best regards,
Rony

0
Rony

dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.name = "dddw_customer"

"Rony Santoso" <rony_xg@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> dear forum,
>
> how do I set the datawindow property of a dddw-style column dynamically?
>
> so far, I can only set the display column and data column using the
> following:
>
> dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.datacolumn = "custid"
> dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.displaycolumn = "custnm"
>
> any idea of how to set column filtervalue datawindow to "dddw_customer" ??
>

> best regards,
> Rony

0
Jerry
4/22/2005 3:05:37 PM
thanks Jerry,

cause me quite a headache to scan the help file one by one hehehe..

"Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@dataDASHsciDOTcom.die.spammer.die.die.die> wrote in
message news:426912bc$1@forums-2-dub...
> dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.name = "dddw_customer"
>
> "Rony Santoso" <rony_xg@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> > dear forum,
> >
> > how do I set the datawindow property of a dddw-style column dynamically?
> >
> > so far, I can only set the display column and data column using the
> > following:
> >
> > dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.datacolumn = "custid"
> > dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.displaycolumn = "custnm"
> >
> > any idea of how to set column filtervalue datawindow to "dddw_customer"
??

> > best regards,
> > Rony

0
Rony
4/22/2005 3:12:14 PM
Use dwsyntax utility whenever you need to figure out how to set datawindow
properties.  It's available under File, New, Tool tab.  Or create your own
toolbar icon and assign it the command:
wizard:?action=runonly&entry=k60_dwsyntax_sheet

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

> thanks Jerry,
>
> cause me quite a headache to scan the help file one by one hehehe..
>

> "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@dataDASHsciDOTcom.die.spammer.die.die.die> wrote in
> message news:426912bc$1@forums-2-dub...
> > dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.name = "dddw_customer"
> >
> > "Rony Santoso" <rony_xg@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> > > dear forum,
> > >
> > > how do I set the datawindow property of a dddw-style column
dynamically?

> > > so far, I can only set the display column and data column using the
> > > following:
> > >
> > > dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.datacolumn = "custid"
> > > dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.displaycolumn = "custnm"
> > >
> > > any idea of how to set column filtervalue datawindow to
"dddw_customer"
> ??
> > >

> > > best regards,
> > > Rony

0
Terry
4/22/2005 8:35:07 PM
I think OP's problem was that he did not know the right property - dddw.name
is not very self-explanatory. For that, I don't know of any other ways to
find it than (1) read the doc; (2) post in this NG and hope someone is
reading it who won't just reply "RTFM, larva!" <G>

"Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> Use dwsyntax utility whenever you need to figure out how to set datawindow
> properties.  It's available under File, New, Tool tab.  Or create your own
> toolbar icon and assign it the command:
> wizard:?action=runonly&entry=k60_dwsyntax_sheet
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> "Rony Santoso" <rony_xg@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> > thanks Jerry,
> >
> > cause me quite a headache to scan the help file one by one hehehe..
> >

> > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@dataDASHsciDOTcom.die.spammer.die.die.die> wrote
in
> > message news:426912bc$1@forums-2-dub...
> > > dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.name = "dddw_customer"
> > >
> > > "Rony Santoso" <rony_xg@yahoo.de> wrote in message

> dynamically?

> "dddw_customer"
> > ??

0
Jerry

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

To set/not to set 'Visible' property of datawindow columns ?
Hello, If I have a datawindow and I have say 10 columns in the datawindow, which retrieve data, but need not be displayed... Is it advisable to set the 'Visible' property to '0' for such columns or does it have no performance impact at all ? TIA, Ganesh It's probably more advisable to delete the DW Column Objects. Deleting the objects in the presentation layer just means that the values are not visible; these data set column values are still accessible through Get/SetItem()'s, dw expressions, etc... Good luck, Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel...

Setting datawindow column properties dynamicaly
I have a datawindow on which I want to protect only one column on a row by row basis, while other columns on the same row will stay enabled. If the column on one row contains data, I want to prevent users from changing it while still letting them view the data. If the column on another row doens't contain data, I want to keep the column enabled. How would I do this? I have tried the taborder and protected properties but this affects the column for all rows in the datawindow. I need to be able to prevent the user from modifying only rows. I have thought about using a text...

Setting DataWindow column property with an expression
Hi - I must be doing something wrong that's obvious but I just can't see it. I have a datawindow column that I would like to make invisible if the value of the column is null. So I created the following expression in the "expression" box dialog that appears next to the "Visible" checkbox of the column's property tab. Not(IsNull(ecodocsubs_sheet_[0])) the column is called "ecodocsubs_sheet_" and i used 0 to get the current column's value, right? Anyway, I get every column of every row as invisible, regardless of the value of the ...

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?
I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in it. I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title, values.label and or so. the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data. I do it like this: datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child) dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' It failed! then I use this datastore ds_1 ds_1 = create datastore ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph' ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('grap...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Set value to DDDW column of the Web DataWindow
I can't set value to the DropDownDataWidnow column of the Web Datawindow. I can set value to the non-DDDW column. Is this a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin Kevin, You can also do this with the HTMLGenerator component with client-side script. For example, if the itemchanged event you can use setitem. dwMine.SetItem(row,columnname,value) Does that help? -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708 Kevin Dinh wrote in message ....

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

Setting Default Column Border property on New DataWindow
How can it set the default column border property on a new datawindow. Setting new_form_column_border = 0 in pb.ini has no effect. I'm using PB6. ...

How to detect a key up/down event in a column whose edit style is drop down datawindow (dddw)
Hi everyone, I've wonder if there is a way to catch key up or down (event) when I'm on a dropdowndatawindow. So far I tried creating an event mapped to pbm_dwnkey and pbm_keydown but that particular two keys are not recognized. When I hit key up or key down the next item in the dropdown is selected and the above event doesn't get fired. I also tried to test for keydown( keydownarrow! ) on itemchanged it always return false. So, as you see... what I've tried is not working. It seems like if the itemchanged event is eating that keystrokes when I'm on a dddw...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

Web resources about - setting datawindow property of a dddw-style column - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo