Set focus on a field of a datawindows

I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my
datawindow ?

Thanks in advance
adolfochairez@yahoo.com
0
Adolfo

dw_1.SetColumn ('column name')
dw_1.SetFocus ()

On 5/14/2010 12:02 PM, Adolfo Chairez wrote:
> I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my
> datawindow ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> adolfochairez@yahoo.com
1
Jason

Set Focus on Field in Datawindow
Hi All, I have a 2 data windows, 1 which is a grid and holds all the records and the second drives off the grid to displays the details of the selected record. The user has an option to add a new record by pressing a "Add" button which creates a new record in both data windows. The problem I am having is that when a new record is created, I can't focus to a particular field on the details datawindow. I have read other articles and tried the following: dw_Name.SetColumn("first_name") But it does not focus on the field. I have checked the tab ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

setting focus on a datawindow
i am trying to set focus on a datawindow. based on suggestions i have tried: HWND dwHandle; dwHandle=(HWND)dw_1->GetDataWindowHandle(); as well, i have removed comments from the pre-compiled header (as per help instructions). when i try to run i get the following error: Char near __debuginfo is an undefined reference what else should i be doing?? thanks peter Sorry!!! the error was related to something else in the project (just manifested itself when i changed the pre-compiled header). the problem with focus is that the dw is READONLY (ie. all columns have a tabs...

setting focus on a datawindow
i am trying to set focus on a datawindow. based on suggestions i have tried: HWND dwHandle; dwHandle=(HWND)dw_1->GetDataWindowHandle(); as well, i have removed comments from the pre-compiled header (as per help instructions). when i try to run i get the following error: Char near __debuginfo is an undefined reference what else should i be doing?? thanks peter Sorry!!! the error was related to something else in the project (just manifested itself when i changed the pre-compiled header). the problem with focus is that the dw is READONLY (ie. all columns have a tabs...

How to set focus to a textfield on a datawindow?
Hello How to set focus to a textfield on a datawindow when an event is caught in a datawindow ? Example : I've a textfield named tf1 and in an event of my datawindow. I want to do sthg like this : Object.tf1.SetFocus() I'm working on PB 6.5. --> Can you also tell me where I can find documentation about properties / functions related to a textfield ? -- Sam This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8C7A80D844210A944E171D15 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit dwcontrol.SetColumn ( column ) Help...

How to set focus to a textfield on a datawindow?
Hello How to set focus to a textfield on a datawindow when an event is caught in a datawindow ? Example : I've a textfield named tf1 and in an event of my datawindow. I want to do sthg like this : Object.tf1.SetFocus() I'm working on PB 6.5. --> Can you also tell me where I can find documentation about properties / functions related to a textfield ? -- Sam This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8C7A80D844210A944E171D15 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit dwcontrol.SetColumn ( column ) Help...

setting focus inside a datawindow
How do I set focus on a particular column within a datawindow? Reading Help is very beneficial. SetColumn() -- pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "J" <j@here.com> wrote in message news:wjkqDEDFAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > How do I set focus on a particular column within a datawindow? > > > Philip Salgannik <psalgannik@softrax.com> wrote in message news:DmWN$NDFAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Reading Help is very beneficial. Philip, Forgive me for overlooking this command and I will forgive you for your m...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

datawindow

Web resources about - Set focus on a field of a datawindows - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo