Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063

I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build
5063.  When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look
fine in the display.  But, as soon as I click print, the
column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ??
for columns.  Any body knows how to resolve printing issue
in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063?
0
ramesh

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Problem with Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5034
If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a window, the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action appears to take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked source to verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly. -Rich Here is an example of the new PowerBuilder V10.5 build 5034. ftp://www.pbsoftware.com/pbs/jimo_bug01.zip If you try to change the values of the inherited values of .... String is_stringvar1 Long il_longvar2 in the properties panel of w_start. You cannot save the changes in the BP...

Rich Text Datawindow Problems in 10.5
Here's a couple of things I've been banging my head against: 1. I have a treeview control that when the user adds a new entry to it, I want focus to change to a separate rich text datawindow so that they can see the flashing cursor in their new row and immediately start typing. SetFocus() will switch the focus, but there isn't a cursor displayed in the rich text editor. They can type but it isn't until you click in the field that the flashing cursor actually appears. 2. How can I insert formatted hyperlinks into a PB rich text datawindow? If you block copy one f...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Enterprise version, you didn't indicate which flavor you were using. BTW, if you obtain a USP (shown in the dropdown under support) you will then receive all major and minor releases of the product for free for the next year. On 12 Sep 2006 22:04:19 -0700, "alim" <alfen_lim@yahoo.com> wrote: >hi, >I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, >my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. >the question : >if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, >How I found the price ? > >best regards, > >alim And of course if you get a Sybase Technical Support Contract - it includes the USP. :) Tim. "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAMbruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:upufg29t7u9hfopv43d5ms9se52d2jlau5@4ax.c...

Powerbuilder 10.5 - SQLServer2000
I have a problem with a datastore timing out after 17.1 minutes when trying to do a retrieve from the database. If I set the CommandTimeout parameter to 10 seconds then PB will timeout at 10 seconds but if I set it to an hour then PB will still timeout around 17.1 minutes. The datastore has a stored procedure datasource, I'm connecting to Microsoft SQLServer 2000. If I call a stored procedure from within powerscript it doesn't timeout at the 17.1 min mark so it seems to be related to the datastore somehow. ...

Powerbuilder 10.5.1 Rich Text issue
I have migrated an application from 10.2 to 10.5.1 (build 6021). I am having a problem with the new rich text control on a form, that only occurs at runtime. It seems to be preventing a Print and Close button on that form from working. The form has a datawindow object on it and the two buttons. Based on a menu choice which opens the form, one of several rich text datawindow objects are loaded into the datawindow. At first, after upgrading, once I deployed the application and tried to run it on another machine, the data window wouldn't display. I realized that this was due ...

Print as a single job problem in PowerBuilder 10.5
Problem: When you try to print two rich text datawindows in one print job, it still creates two separate print jobs or if you send it to fax printer it creates two separate fax jobs. Here is the sample code: long Job Job = PrintOpen( ) PrintDatawindow(Job, dw_1) PrintDatawindow(Job, dw_2) PrintClose(Job) This code works *fine* in PB 8.0 and PB 10.2.1. Please let me know if this is a known issue with an existing case, otherwise I would like to open a case. ...

Problems in RichText-Datawindow in PB 10.5 (Build 5063)
Hello, I retrieved 47 records (246 columns) in a RichText-DW. When I scroll to the next row, the RAM( main memory) will be decreased by 10MB. When I do the same in a FreeForm-DW (same columns & same records), everything is ok. It seems, that PB dont't deallocate the memory after scrolling to another row. Any idea to fix the problem ? Thanks. Frank ...

like operator problem in PowerBuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) !
I'm using Powerbuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) with MS SQL Server 2005. I create a datawindow object as select * from M_PRODUCT where product_id like 'AB%' In the PB's database ISQL session or MS SQL Server 2005 console, the SQL statement can return all products which are starting with 'AB' (e.g. : 'ABC', 'ABD', 'ABCD', 'ABDE' ..) But the result in the datawindow object are different. The product like 'ABC', 'ABD' can be returned. It seems that % is represent one character only, not the string. Is it new in...

set Y-position in detail-area (powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063)
Hello i have following problem: i'm using 2 columns with autosize-height = true in the detail-area of a report, and left of these 2 columns there are 2 heading-labels. now i want to set on the second heading-label the Y-property from the second column - i do this with describe("COLUMN.Y") - but it does not work. have anyone a clue for my problem many thank's in advance Michael No that doesn't work. You can just put the describe in a computed column and see that the value doesn't change. You could get the height of the row and subtract backwar...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

Datawindow problem in Powerbuilder 10.0
Hi, I have a problem with my datawindows. Anytime I create a datawindow using an existing table it allows inserts, updates and deletes on the table. But if I create a new table and then access it through the datawindow then I am only able to select the data and not update it. I tried connecting to ORACLE directly thru SQL Plus and was able to insert data into the tables that I had created and therefore it does not seem to be a problem with priviledges on the Oracle end. I have set the Update properties for the datawindow. All the fields are enabled. Any ideas as to where I c...

Rich Text Datawindow Printing Problem
I have a rte datawindow as a datastore that I send to the printer. The first copy prints fine, the subsequent copies lose data sporadically. It doesn't happen everywhere (we have several installations). It doesn't happen if I use a datawindow and preview it before I print. Environment: win95, pb 5.0.02, sqlanywhere 5.5.02 any suggestions appreciated, mark ...

Print fails in powerbuilder 10.5
We migrated our application from pb 9 to pb10.5 build 5063. Our application is based on the pfc's. When we make a call to the pfc_printdlg it fails. Is there a replacement to the external call to pbvm90u.dll Thanks Poonam See my response to your other post. On 30 Aug 2006 14:57:26 -0700, "Poonam Goel" <poogoel@gmail.com> wrote: >We migrated our application from pb 9 to pb10.5 build 5063. Our application >is based on the pfc's. When we make a call to the pfc_printdlg it fails. Is >there a replacement to the external call to pbvm90u.dll ...

Powerbuilder 10.5 Livescroll Problems
A datawindow in my applcation has the Livescroll set to FALSE, yet it still allows me to Livescrool. Same issue occurs in PB 10.5 and 10.2 with the same application. I've verified that this property is not set to TRUE elsewhere in the application. Is there any kind of known problem with the livescroll property not behaving based on the value set? ...

PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4523
Hello, We are using PB 10.5. To use the Web services do we need to have EA server or can i get around without using EA server? We are planning to use SOAP. Hi Ram; You do not need EAS to use (consume) web services. You would only need EAS if you are planning to build PB Components that you wish to Expose to other developers as a WS. If you move to PB 11.0 or higher, you can now deploy the PB Component(s) as .NET based WS's - thus negating the need for EAS. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "Ram Sr...

Problem in printing datawindow in Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi, I am a software consultant working in Salem, OR. I am using PB 4.0 as front end for a client server architecture using distributed database with Sybase 10.0 as back end. We are developing and running our application in Windows 3.1 with Novell as the networking software. I am continiuosly having a problem. I am using a text field in a table and having a datawindow based on that. Now, when I try to retrieve the information , it is fine but when I go to the print preview, is is showing me only a single line in that. When I try to print it, it simply prints a blank page (with footer ...

Scroll problem in datawindow powerbuilder 6.5
Hi , I have a datawindow with groups . I have a button on the header of the group. When the user clicks the button , we get a pop up window. I try to set the values of the datawindow at the back with the values entered by the user. When I do a set item and close the popup window, I get a blank screen. I have to use the scrollbar to move up. Does anybody have a solution for this . It would be great if somebody has a solution for this . This is my mail id : vgeetha@chn.cognizant.com Thanks in advance . ...

Powerbuilder 10.5.2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4bead6cb Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I installed powerbuilder 11.0 and now I go into pb10.5.2 and cannot edit any datawindows. I getted booted out of powerbuilder 10.5.2 giving a Visual Studio Just in Time Debugger window. I think when pb crashes now, this is a window it chooses to open up. I have several customers with 10.5.2 and cannot support them. Everything else seems to work with the exception of the datawindow editor. ---=_forums-1-dub4bead6cb ...

PowerBuilder 10 printing problems using Citrix

PB 10.5 Rich Text Datawindow
Hello I�ve migrated some applications from pb9 to pb 10.5 I�ve used ORCASCR10.exe to build an application (pgm.exe). When I print a Rich Text Datawindow with pgm.exe on my computer, that works (PB10.5 is installed on my computer). However, when I use the printing in an other computer (without pb10.5), pgm.exe crashes down. I copy all dll files from Prgram Files/SyBase/shared on my computer to the user�s computer but it is the same. Can somebody help me? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp did you install ...

Web resources about - Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles