Reverse Engineer a PB 7.0 datawindow towards PB 6.5

Hi All,

Does anyone have any information on how to reverse engineer a PB 7.0
datawindow-object towards PB 6.5 ???
I tried Export-Change Release Version-Import, but that doesn't seem enough.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Bart Thans
Ministerie van Middenstand en Landbouw - WTC III
Dienst Informatica - DG3
Simon Bolivarlaan 30
1000 Brussel
+32 (0)2 208 53 51
Bart.Thans@cmlag.fgov.be

0
Pascal

You have to take out the entries for the HTML datawindow generation from the 7.0
export file.

---
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:23:17 +0100,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Pascal Coup� <pascal.coupe@attglobal.net> wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Does anyone have any information on how to reverse engineer a PB 7.0
>datawindow-object towards PB 6.5 ???
>I tried Export-Change Release Version-Import, but that doesn't seem enough.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated,
>
>Bart Thans
>Ministerie van Middenstand en Landbouw - WTC III
>Dienst Informatica - DG3
>Simon Bolivarlaan 30
>1000 Brussel
>+32 (0)2 208 53 51
>Bart.Thans@cmlag.fgov.be

0
Roy
12/2/1999 7:33:18 PM
Copy/Paste the Dw's SQL statement.

Chriss

Pascal Coup� <pascal.coupe@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone have any information on how to reverse engineer a PB 7.0
> datawindow-object towards PB 6.5 ???
> I tried Export-Change Release Version-Import, but that doesn't seem
enough.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated,
>
> Bart Thans
> Ministerie van Middenstand en Landbouw - WTC III
> Dienst Informatica - DG3
> Simon Bolivarlaan 30
> 1000 Brussel
> +32 (0)2 208 53 51
> Bart.Thans@cmlag.fgov.be

0
Christos

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.5 datawindow using ora 8.x sp using pb 7.3 dll
Hi, We are having Oracle 8.x setup on Windows NT. We have develop an application in Power builder 6.5 using oracle store procedure. When we run the application ,connection is established to oracle server using pb 7.3 drivers. But as soon as we access the datawindow which uses store procedures It gives Windows NT Dr Watson Error. I am not able to trace out this error message. I like to connect PB6.5 to Oracle 8.x with pb6 oracle 8 dll. If any one can specify from where I can download this files. Waiting for reply. Thanks Rahul Rahul 1. I use the O73 driver in 6.5 ...

Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0
Hi, Does anyone know about migrating PB 6.5 application to PB7.0 (online resource, ...) ? Thanks, Gerald Take a look at Bruce Armstrong's utility http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001562 -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn "Gerald" <calcul@lycosmail.com> wrote in message news:38F5E40E.509F0012@lycosmail.com... > > Hi, > > Does anyone know about migrating PB 6.5 application to PB7.0 (online > resource, ...) ? > > Thanks, > Gera...

PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 on same machine
Can PowerBuilder 6.5 and PowerBuilder 7.0 be installed on the same machine without any conflicts ? Yes. They have different directories, and different DLL names. I'm running both without problem. Regards, Dave Fish [Team Sybase] On Fri, 21 May 1999 10:30:45 -0400, "Joseph Ippolito" <jippolito@killam.com> wrote: >Can PowerBuilder 6.5 and PowerBuilder 7.0 be installed on the same machine >without any conflicts ? > > In article <zZT7oV5o#GA.302@forums.sybase.com>, jippolito@killam.com says... > Can PowerBuilder 6.5 and PowerBui...

PB 7.0 & PB 6.5
Hi, lcidll32.dll (used in PB 6.5 for database connectivity)-could anyone tell the equivalent dll version in PB 7.0 thanks. nsr ...

PB 8 and PB 6.5, 7.0
Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 / 7.0 apps on the same system? Are there any issues with shared DLLs. From what I was told the DLLs are named different, but has anyone actually tried this? I have PBL Peeper 5, 6, 7 and 8 on my system. I often run multiple versions simultaneously. No problems. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:06:51 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Charles <nospam@ssc.nasa.gov> wrote: >Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 / 7.0 apps on the >sa...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Web resources about - Reverse Engineer a PB 7.0 datawindow towards PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo