resizing the computed column width in a grid datawindow

How can i resize the width of a computed column  to the length of the text
in the column to display the entire text.

0
Sukhvinder

You'll have to use a set of API to determine actual number of PBU needed to
display a full text using current font settings. There's no way to do that
in native PB code. I can give you code example if needed.

"Sukhvinder Singh" <sukhvinder@defactoinfotech.com> wrote in message
> How can i resize the width of a computed column  to the length of the text
> in the column to display the entire text.

0
Michael

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

Column width of grid datawindows
I have created code which changes the width of a column to match the longest text in the column. I have a problem where the x coordinate of the next column doesn't automatically change so there is a blank area in between them. Adding insult to injury, the X property doesn't allow expressions. Does anyone have any ideas on what might work? Thanks, Roland Hi Roland. I was basing the width on the header string width but the idea is the same, should work for you (uses PFC though) : /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Ob...

prevent resize columns in grid datawindow
Hi, here's my question: I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate on the column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns contain bitmap expressions they should not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not what I want. For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid. Background: Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle display one picture column. That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available except those columns who contai...

Auto resize width of datawindow column
Hi all How do I set the dw object such as label, column or compute fields, etc., can auto resize the width within the contents like auto height setting ? There's nothing to set. You have to do it programmatically. I do something like this. You'll have to determine the width of the text (I use PFC's of_GetTextSize on the platform service). Then, you have to decide how many values you're going to test (all rows, a sampling of rows...). Then, it's just a Modify() of the width attribute. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 1...

PB10 Grid Datawindow Resize Column
I have migrated an application from PB7.0.3 to PB10 and I am having problems resizing columns at run-time on a grid datawindow which has the grid setting turned on and Column Moving and Mouse Selection both checked. The datawindow is part of a "Preview" feature of the application which allows users to modify the look of a view by changing column width, sort order, etc. Any ideas? Thank you, Create a grid dw in PB10. Do you have the same problems? I was able to create one and didn't. This may be a migration issue. If so I would recreate the datawindow. Dawn &g...

Datawindow grid style column resize
It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow (numerically)? I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a property to set the column width. Thanks, Alex B. No - that's a "feature" of the grid datawindow. In the Preview pane, you can grab and resize column widths (but you have to have gridlines ON) -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Cynergy Systems www.cynergysystems.com "Alex Bibiano" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in m...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Which Event when resizing a column in Grid Datawindow ?
Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize a column in a Grid datawindow ? Is there another way to know when a column is resized ? Thanks for help. -- Arnaud Bauer - Jehier Ing�nierie Informatique 49120 CHEMILLE - FRANCE Tel : 02.41.49.80.81 http://www.jii.fr There isn't such an event. I guess you could code a timer event that checks it to the previous value. Sorry. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Arnaud Bauer <arnaud.bauer@jii.fr> wrote in article <370C6054.158A271C@jii.fr>... > Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

dynamically created computed column in grid datawindow
Can someone tell us which attributes of a datawindow and/or computed column, tie the width of the computed column to the primary dw column that it appears under? We're trying to dynamically add computed columns to a grid dw, but when the column is resized the computed column does not resize. However, when the computed column is created in the datawindow painter it resizes with the column that it appears under. In both cases, the computed column is being created in the "Footer" band. Off hand I don't have a solution to your problem. One thing you could ...

Disable resize on one column in a grid datawindow
Hello, I am attempting to disable the resize functionality for one column in my grid datawindow. I would like to have all other columns in the datawindow resizeable. I have reviewed the powerbuilder help and found the column property 'resizeable', but it does not seem to ever prevent resize on the column. dw_details.Modify("display_order.Resizeable=0") I am using Powerbuilder 11.1 Build 8204 Any help on disabling resize on one column would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Karen See attached <Karen Bailey> wrote in message news:48497e4f.4394....

Column resize in a grid datawindow in a tab contril
I have a grid style datawindow sitting in a tabpage of a tab control. The users would like to adjust the column widths sometimes. When the edge of a column is clicked the divider bar comes up as if to allow the resize but when the mouse is moved to a new width, the column only resizes a small amount and the cursor turns into the dragdrop icon. In a normal window, it seems the grid datawindow resizes just fine. Is there some sort of problem within a tabpage? Jerry OBrien You have a conflict between the resizing/moving feature of the grid DW and the dragdrop feature of the D...

Web resources about - resizing the computed column width in a grid datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo