resize - hide a column on grid datawindow with PB 9.0

In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid
data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability
to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to
other column but now in order to hide a column you must keep
the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the column
which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse clicked and
pass to the previous column the column does not resize =96
hide. I was able to do this in previous versions of PB. My
current version is 9.0.1 build 7204.

Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your
planning to fix it.

Best regards,

Lambrianos Lambrianou.
0
Lambrianos

Works exactly it always did.

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

<Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message
In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid
data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability
to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to
other column but now in order to hide a column you must keep
the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the column
which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse clicked and
pass to the previous column the column does not resize �
hide. I was able to do this in previous versions of PB. My
current version is 9.0.1 build 7204.

Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your
planning to fix it.

Best regards,

Lambrianos Lambrianou.

0
Philip
7/23/2004 12:58:38 PM
> Works exactly it always did.
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> <Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message
> In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid
> data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability
> to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to
> other column but now in order to hide a column you must
> keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the
> column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse
> clicked and pass to the previous column the column does
> not resize =96 hide. I was able to do this in previous
> versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204.
>
> Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your
> planning to fix it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lambrianos Lambrianou.

I believe you didn=92t understand the problem because of my
English and I will try to describe the problem again. In a
grid data window when you want to hide a column you must go
with your mouse to the heading area and to the end of this
column where the mouse is converted to a cross, and then you
click there and you must keep the mouse clicked and go to
the beginning of the column. If you pass the beginning of
the column and you go to the previous column and then you
leave the mouse, then nothing is happen. With the previous
versions of the PB, e.g. PB 8.0 or PB 6.5 the column hided
but now with the version 9.0 in order to hide a column you
must keep the column clicked and go exactly to the beginning
of the column.

Lambrianos Lambrianou
0
Lambrianos
7/27/2004 5:55:58 AM
I see what you mean. I would say this is an improvement in the behaviour.

> Works exactly it always did.
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> <Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message
> In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid
> data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability
> to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to
> other column but now in order to hide a column you must
> keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the
> column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse
> clicked and pass to the previous column the column does
> not resize � hide. I was able to do this in previous
> versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204.
>
> Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your
> planning to fix it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lambrianos Lambrianou.

I believe you didn�t understand the problem because of my
English and I will try to describe the problem again. In a
grid data window when you want to hide a column you must go
with your mouse to the heading area and to the end of this
column where the mouse is converted to a cross, and then you
click there and you must keep the mouse clicked and go to
the beginning of the column. If you pass the beginning of
the column and you go to the previous column and then you
leave the mouse, then nothing is happen. With the previous
versions of the PB, e.g. PB 8.0 or PB 6.5 the column hided
but now with the version 9.0 in order to hide a column you
must keep the column clicked and go exactly to the beginning
of the column.

Lambrianos Lambrianou

0
Philip
7/27/2004 12:56:36 PM
First, it is not an improvement because nothing was improved here.
Second, if you open a grid dw in the Datawindow Painter, it will still allow
you to hide columns the way described by Lambrianos Lambrianou.
So, it is rather another inconsistence in PB 9.
Igor.
"Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I see what you mean. I would say this is an improvement in the behaviour.
>

> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> <Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message
> > Works exactly it always did.
> >
> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > Philip Salgannik
> >
> > <Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message
> > In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid
> > data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability
> > to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to
> > other column but now in order to hide a column you must
> > keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the
> > column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse
> > clicked and pass to the previous column the column does
> > not resize - hide. I was able to do this in previous
> > versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204.
> >
> > Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your
> > planning to fix it.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Lambrianos Lambrianou.
> >

> I believe you didn't understand the problem because of my
> English and I will try to describe the problem again. In a
> grid data window when you want to hide a column you must go
> with your mouse to the heading area and to the end of this
> column where the mouse is converted to a cross, and then you
> click there and you must keep the mouse clicked and go to
> the beginning of the column. If you pass the beginning of
> the column and you go to the previous column and then you
> leave the mouse, then nothing is happen. With the previous
> versions of the PB, e.g. PB 8.0 or PB 6.5 the column hided
> but now with the version 9.0 in order to hide a column you
> must keep the column clicked and go exactly to the beginning
> of the column.
>
> Lambrianos Lambrianou

0
Igor
7/28/2004 8:40:24 PM
I beg to differ. I see a clear improvement here.
1) Previously this action ("keeping the mouse clicked and pass to other
column" ) was essentially an irreversible one from the point of view of the
user.
Not only that, but it had ambigous "affordance" - the action that was
supposed to just resize the column was also magically able to hide it
completely (irreversibly).

2) The Datawindow Painter (in PB9) behaves EXACTLY like the runtime, so I am
not sure what you mean here...

"Igor" <idavydov1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41080f38@forums-1-dub...
> First, it is not an improvement because nothing was improved here.
> Second, if you open a grid dw in the Datawindow Painter, it will still
allow
> you to hide columns the way described by Lambrianos Lambrianou.
> So, it is rather another inconsistence in PB 9.
> Igor.
> "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I see what you mean. I would say this is an improvement in the
behaviour.

> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > Philip Salgannik
> >
> > <Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message
> > > Works exactly it always did.
> > >
> > > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > > Philip Salgannik
> > >
> > > <Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message
> > > In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid
> > > data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability
> > > to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to
> > > other column but now in order to hide a column you must
> > > keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the
> > > column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse
> > > clicked and pass to the previous column the column does
> > > not resize - hide. I was able to do this in previous
> > > versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204.
> > >
> > > Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your
> > > planning to fix it.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Lambrianos Lambrianou.
> > >

> > I believe you didn't understand the problem because of my
> > English and I will try to describe the problem again. In a
> > grid data window when you want to hide a column you must go
> > with your mouse to the heading area and to the end of this
> > column where the mouse is converted to a cross, and then you
> > click there and you must keep the mouse clicked and go to
> > the beginning of the column. If you pass the beginning of
> > the column and you go to the previous column and then you
> > leave the mouse, then nothing is happen. With the previous
> > versions of the PB, e.g. PB 8.0 or PB 6.5 the column hided
> > but now with the version 9.0 in order to hide a column you
> > must keep the column clicked and go exactly to the beginning
> > of the column.
> >
> > Lambrianos Lambrianou

0
Philip
7/29/2004 4:47:33 AM
2. I mean the Design section of the Datawindow Painter and the Preview one
behave differently.

> > First, it is not an improvement because nothing was improved here.
> > Second, if you open a grid dw in the Datawindow Painter, it will still
> allow
> > you to hide columns the way described by Lambrianos Lambrianou.
> > So, it is rather another inconsistence in PB 9.
> > Igor.
> > "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > I see what you mean. I would say this is an improvement in the
> behaviour.
> > >

> > > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > > Philip Salgannik
> > >
> > > <Lambrianos Lambrianou> wrote in message

> > > I believe you didn't understand the problem because of my
> > > English and I will try to describe the problem again. In a
> > > grid data window when you want to hide a column you must go
> > > with your mouse to the heading area and to the end of this
> > > column where the mouse is converted to a cross, and then you
> > > click there and you must keep the mouse clicked and go to
> > > the beginning of the column. If you pass the beginning of
> > > the column and you go to the previous column and then you
> > > leave the mouse, then nothing is happen. With the previous
> > > versions of the PB, e.g. PB 8.0 or PB 6.5 the column hided
> > > but now with the version 9.0 in order to hide a column you
> > > must keep the column clicked and go exactly to the beginning
> > > of the column.
> > >
> > > Lambrianos Lambrianou

0
Igor
7/29/2004 2:17:45 PM
In PB9 neither the Design section of the Datawindow Painter
nor the Preview one allow HIDING of the column by "keeping
the mouse clicked and pass to other column".

> 2. I mean the Design section of the Datawindow Painter and
> the Preview one behave differently.
> Igor.
> "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in
> message news:41088270$1@forums-2-dub...
> > I beg to differ. I see a clear improvement here.
> > 1) Previously this action ("keeping the mouse clicked
> > and pass to other column" ) was essentially an
> irreversible one from the point of view of the
> > user.
> > Not only that, but it had ambigous "affordance" - the
> > action that was supposed to just resize the column was
> > also magically able to hide it completely
> (irreversibly). >
> > 2) The Datawindow Painter (in PB9) behaves EXACTLY like
> the runtime, so I am
> > not sure what you mean here...
> >
> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > Philip Salgannik
> >
> > "Igor" <idavydov1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > First, it is not an improvement because nothing was
> > > improved here. Second, if you open a grid dw in the
> > Datawindow Painter, it will still allow
> > > you to hide columns the way described by Lambrianos
> > > Lambrianou. So, it is rather another inconsistence in
> > > PB 9. Igor.
> > > "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote
> > > in message news:4106520c$1@forums-2-dub...
> > improvement in the behaviour.

> previous versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build

> of the column and you go to the previous column and then
> > > column. >

0
Philip
7/29/2004 5:23:26 PM
Strange: we have PB9.0.1, build 7151 here, and I can hide columns in the
Design but not in the Preview section.
Igor.
<Philip Salgannik> wrote in message
> In PB9 neither the Design section of the Datawindow Painter
> nor the Preview one allow HIDING of the column by "keeping
> the mouse clicked and pass to other column".
>
> > 2. I mean the Design section of the Datawindow Painter and
> > the Preview one behave differently.
> > Igor.
> > "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in
> > message news:41088270$1@forums-2-dub...
> > > I beg to differ. I see a clear improvement here.
> > > 1) Previously this action ("keeping the mouse clicked
> > > and pass to other column" ) was essentially an
> > irreversible one from the point of view of the
> > > user.
> > > Not only that, but it had ambigous "affordance" - the
> > > action that was supposed to just resize the column was
> > > also magically able to hide it completely
> > (irreversibly). >
> > > 2) The Datawindow Painter (in PB9) behaves EXACTLY like
> > the runtime, so I am
> > > not sure what you mean here...
> > >
> > > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > > Philip Salgannik
> > >
> > > "Igor" <idavydov1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Datawindow Painter, it will still allow
> > > improvement in the behaviour.

> > previous versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build

> > of the column and you go to the previous column and then

0
Igor
7/30/2004 1:47:22 PM
I=92m waiting an answer from Sybase support,
please give an answer.
0
Lambrianos
8/11/2004 11:19:08 AM
If you want answers from Sybase support, you need to open a case
through CaseXpress.  The newsgroups are a peer (user to user) support
mechanism.

On 11 Aug 2004 04:19:08 -0700, Lambrianos Lambrianou wrote:

>I�m waiting an answer from Sybase support,
>please give an answer.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awards
http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards.htm

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
8/11/2004 12:45:53 PM
Well, technically not even that guarantees an answer (or at least a
quick one).  For urgent support questions, you should always open a
case with 1-800-8-SYBASE.

On 11 Aug 2004 05:45:53 -0700, "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]"
<NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:

>If you want answers from Sybase support, you need to open a case
>through CaseXpress.  The newsgroups are a peer (user to user) support
>mechanism.
>
>On 11 Aug 2004 04:19:08 -0700, Lambrianos Lambrianou wrote:
>
>>I�m waiting an answer from Sybase support,
>>please give an answer.
>
>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>http://www.teamsybase.com
>
>TeamSybase blogs:
>http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
>Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awards
>http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards.htm
>
>Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
>Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
>http://www.needhim.org

>DISCLAIMER:
>
>This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
>that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>it may not.
>
>Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
>author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
>of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Jim
8/11/2004 2:32:59 PM
Sorry, I should clarify that.  If you have a support plan with Sybase
then CaseXpress is equivalent to calling in a case, but if you are
using the 'free' support services of CaseXpress, then there is no
guarantee of a response from Sybase, so in general you should only
report bugs and enhancement there.

On 11 Aug 2004 07:32:59 -0700, "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]"
<joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote:

>Well, technically not even that guarantees an answer (or at least a
>quick one).  For urgent support questions, you should always open a
>case with 1-800-8-SYBASE.
>
>On 11 Aug 2004 05:45:53 -0700, "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]"
><NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>
>>If you want answers from Sybase support, you need to open a case
>>through CaseXpress.  The newsgroups are a peer (user to user) support
>>mechanism.
>>
>>On 11 Aug 2004 04:19:08 -0700, Lambrianos Lambrianou wrote:
>>
>>>I�m waiting an answer from Sybase support,
>>>please give an answer.
>>
>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>>TeamSybase blogs:
>>http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>>Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awards
>>http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards.htm
>>
>>Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>>http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>>Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>>http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
>>http://www.needhim.org

>>DISCLAIMER:
>>
>>This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>>is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>>message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
>>that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>>it may not.
>>
>>Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>>of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>>Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>>products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>>views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
>>author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
>>of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Jim

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3
Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem...

column resize in PB 9.0 & 9.0.1
I have a datawindow with type grid. In older version of Power Builder (until 8.0.3), when the column resizes for example drag right vertikal line before left , the column was hiden. This is not possible in new PowerBuilder 9.0 & 9.0.1. It is very hard to hide column in grid datawindow. Why, can I make some workaround ? Regards, Plamen ...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

DataWindow - Grid - Graphical
Hi, I think this is a bug, and I can reproduce it. Create Grid DW in graphic, SQL Select, select a table, cols, and defined a string retrieval arg. At Where tabpage, click on Column, but no column, click on Sort then back to Where. Select col and on Value, right mouse click to select Arguments. PB crash on PBSQL90.DLL - Eddy ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

PB 9.0 and datawindow
Hello I have created a datawindow and is accessing data from the database. When I insert this datawindow in a JSP I don't get the data from the database. I am using EAServer 4.2. Any idea what must be problem and also can you suggest some solution to it. Thanks in advance!!! Veenita On 21 Aug 2003 12:04:55 -0700, Veenita wrote: > Hello > I have created a datawindow and is accessing data from the > database. When I insert this datawindow in a JSP I don't get > the data from the database. I am using EAServer 4.2. > Any idea what must be problem and also ca...

Which Event when resizing a column in Grid Datawindow ?
Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize a column in a Grid datawindow ? Is there another way to know when a column is resized ? Thanks for help. -- Arnaud Bauer - Jehier Ing�nierie Informatique 49120 CHEMILLE - FRANCE Tel : 02.41.49.80.81 http://www.jii.fr There isn't such an event. I guess you could code a timer event that checks it to the previous value. Sorry. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Arnaud Bauer <arnaud.bauer@jii.fr> wrote in article <370C6054.158A271C@jii.fr>... > Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize...

PB10 Grid Datawindow Resize Column
I have migrated an application from PB7.0.3 to PB10 and I am having problems resizing columns at run-time on a grid datawindow which has the grid setting turned on and Column Moving and Mouse Selection both checked. The datawindow is part of a "Preview" feature of the application which allows users to modify the look of a view by changing column width, sort order, etc. Any ideas? Thank you, Create a grid dw in PB10. Do you have the same problems? I was able to create one and didn't. This may be a migration issue. If so I would recreate the datawindow. Dawn &g...

prevent resize columns in grid datawindow
Hi, here's my question: I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate on the column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns contain bitmap expressions they should not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not what I want. For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid. Background: Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle display one picture column. That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available except those columns who contai...

Datawindow grid style column resize
It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow (numerically)? I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a property to set the column width. Thanks, Alex B. No - that's a "feature" of the grid datawindow. In the Preview pane, you can grab and resize column widths (but you have to have gridlines ON) -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Cynergy Systems www.cynergysystems.com "Alex Bibiano" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in m...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

PB 9.0 Jsp and datawindow
Hello I have datawindow through which I am accessing data from a database.When insert this datawindow in a JSP , I am not able to get the data from the database.I am using EAServer4.2.1 and Sybase database. I wonder if it problem with EAServer and that it is not able to connect to database. Can you suggest any solution ? Thanks in advance!!! Veenita This could be several problems ... What kind of deployment are you using for the web DW ... ??? 1-) Are the connections cache working ok ..??? 2-) check the jaguar log file to see any message <Veenita Tikle> wrote in ...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

Web resources about - resize - hide a column on grid datawindow with PB 9.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo