Resize Grid Datawindow

Hello, I am using PB 8 and I have a grid datawindow,
The user should be able to resize this datawindow.

Howerver I want several restrictions on this:
e.g.:
The user must not expand this datawindow over buttons.
He must not resize the width of this datawindow.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thank you very much.

Micky
0
Micky

Datawindow is a window, so this tip will apply (you'll only need to
calculate minimum sizes)

http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip24.htm
0
Philip_Salgannik

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

Grid datawindow resizing
I would like my grid datawindow columns to size themselves properly (magic I think). Is there a wat to programatically change the column widths and have them stay that way< or to stay resized when manually stretched? My problem is this: when a value is entered into one cell of the grid and the user hits the tab key to go to the next cell, the cursor goes to the first??? cell and compresses all of the columns to the original width. One of our grids could have over 50 cells and the auto-resizing that occurs is a major pain and time consumer. I have as yet been unable to hit th...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow.
PB 7.02 Build 8046 on Windows NT 4.0 I have a problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow. One of the columns in my DataWindow is presenting a selection, limited (filtered) according to what the user has selected in a previous column (on the same DataWindow). The Drop Down DataWindow is not displaying the raw data (an abbreviated code), but an English text translation of the data needed. Here is my problem: When the DataWindow is activated, all data are correctly displayed (no filtering yet). When the user clicks on one of the rows and on the column, w...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

powerbuilder grid datawindow hscroll
Are there any plans to enable column freezing in a grid datawindow. I like this possibility in Excel very much and think it would be nice if we could offer our clients such an enhancement. Thanks Eric You already have the horizontalsplit property. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49c0da57$1@forums-1-dub... > Are there any plans to enable column fr...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

datawindow

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Web resources about - Resize Grid Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo